"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Puto
I Live Here

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Puto » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:41 am

If they debut a new white-haired form, then I absolutely expect that to be a transformation for Black, rather than the good guys.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:50 am

Puto wrote:If they debut a new white-haired form, then I absolutely expect that to be a transformation for Black, rather than the good guys.
And assuming it's not a form exclusive to an evil Saiyan then it could be a new goal for Goku and Vegeta going forward, assuming they beat him without going White, for instance with something like fusion or a Genki Dama.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:56 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Puto wrote:If they debut a new white-haired form, then I absolutely expect that to be a transformation for Black, rather than the good guys.
And assuming it's not a form exclusive to an evil Saiyan then it could be a new goal for Goku and Vegeta going forward, assuming they beat him without going White, for instance with something like fusion or a Genki Dama.
I can imagine spirit bomb being the attack that will eventually defeat Black. Like when Goku used kaio-ken against Hit, Goku will have to use one of his most powerful abilities if he wants to terminate Black like Kid Buu.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:53 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Isn't it implied Black isn't a Saiyan though? If Black does transform (I am skeptical) then it would be whatever he is exclusive.

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:36 am

I'm interested to see why we haven't seen any images of Black going SSJ. He clearly has Goku's skills as shown by instant transmission. I hope for a new transformation, evil-exclusive but I highly doubt it. Seems to me his power is more magic-based, like someone took a base God Goku and powered him up a la Majin-style.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 am

dblack wrote:I'm interested to see why we haven't seen any images of Black going SSJ. He clearly has Goku's skills as shown by instant transmission. I hope for a new transformation, evil-exclusive but I highly doubt it. Seems to me his power is more magic-based, like someone took a base God Goku and powered him up a la Majin-style.
If he does have an evil exclusive transformation and he is in fact a Saiyan (or at least partly) I bet that shortly after the arc ends Heroes gives the transformation to Broly.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:51 am

Why does Black tell Trunks that he's the last warrior of the Saiyan race if Black is supposedly a Saiyan himself?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:53 am

Saiyan_nation_ wrote:Why does Black tell Trunks that he's the last warrior of the Saiyan race if Black is supposedly a Saiyan himself?
Where was it said that he's a Saiyan? (Sorry, I haven't watched EP49 yet.)
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:54 am

I was rewatching Zarbon (Post Transformation) vs. Vegeta, and wow... I didn't remember how brutal was their first fight, hope Black gives Goku the same treatment as Zarbon gave with Vegeta :)
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:54 am

Noah wrote:I was rewatching Zarbon (Post Transformation) vs. Vegeta, and wow... I didn't remember how brutal was their first fight, hope Black gives Goku the same treatment as Zarbon gave with Vegeta :)
Better yet, I hope Black does what Vegeta did to Goku near the end of the Saiyan Saga.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:06 pm

Also with the whole identity revealing episode that is coming up makes me very doubtful he is actually a Saiyan.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:07 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Also with the whole identity revealing episode that is coming up makes me very doubtful he is actually a Saiyan.
He called Trunks a "Saiyan" in EP47. I thought that was evidence enough that he's not one. (Although if he has a Super Saiyan form, then I am going to say Super Earthlings/Humans can exist. Not saying he is one)
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:54 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
I'd rather have SSJW be only exclusive for Black. No new forms for Goku and Vegeta.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Super Saiyan White must be a "negative version" of the Super Saiyan. It's curious because Mira already has it. I agree it should be exclusive to Goku Black (and Mira), if Goku Black is a Saiyan, that is.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:59 pm

Either way, if Goku Black is a Saiyan and has an exclusive Super Saiyan form that is evil there is no way Heroes doesn't end up giving it to Broly.

sayian_nation_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by sayian_nation_ » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Saiyan_nation_ wrote:Why does Black tell Trunks that he's the last warrior of the Saiyan race if Black is supposedly a Saiyan himself?
Where was it said that he's a Saiyan? (Sorry, I haven't watched EP49 yet.)
He just states "what a sad ending for a proud Warrior race". He said it like Trunks was the last Saiyan, but then what the hell is Black Goku? Is he like an evil shape shifting Kaioshin? I only say it because he has that earring...so many questions!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:06 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Either way, if Goku Black is a Saiyan and has an exclusive Super Saiyan form that is evil there is no way Heroes doesn't end up giving it to Broly.
Time breaker Bardock & time breaker Vegeta would probably get it as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:12 pm

Why's this combining of SSWhite and Black coming from? Is it just for irony sake or?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:15 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Why's this combining of SSWhite and Black coming from? Is it just for irony sake or?
Several theories and fan arts.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:24 pm

No, Toriyama said he would save Super Saiyan White for another occasion or something like that.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~