"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nickolaus
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by Nickolaus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:00 am

A leak has surfaced online of the latest chapter.

[spoiler]One thing I noticed is that in this chapter, Toyotarō illustrated a magazine of No. 17 and No. 18 are dead and how the war is over.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Nickolaus on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:05 am

It looks like there are quite a few changes in this chapter. Someone please translate :)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:07 am

[spoiler]Wow! They skipped right to the current arc! Guess we're not seeing the manga ending of the tournament.[/spoiler]
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:09 am

I like how you don't see Black at all throughout the whole thing, just Trunks running away and being attacked by... something. What you don't see is usually scarier than what you do.

Tights and Jaco being there is a cool addition though I'm not a fan of Future Bulma's death apparently being cut. I can see Toyotaro showing it to us later when then FT explains his situation to the present day cast though.
Chuquita wrote:[spoiler]Wow! They skipped right to the current arc! Guess we're not seeing the manga ending of the tournament.[/spoiler]
They showed it to us. It was just glossed over.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:14 am

Looks like Gokuu and Vegeta also returned to their old outfits here in the manga. Cool to see Tights appearing. And that little girl in the picture, it that Bra ? Though it could possibly be kid Bulma.

A slow paced chapter overall. Almost nothing happened at all. Which means the manga is going to be more behind.
Last edited by Khin on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:15 am

That was great.

Mai and Trunks are top-tier cuties.

Also agree that not showing Black was really effective. Be interested to see how long they keep him under wraps.

That said, there's no "END" bit like there normally is, so it might just be incomplete.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:21 am

It seems that there are missing pages.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:21 am

sangofe wrote:Yes, that's a bit weird, since Toriyama's behind the story.
Well, not that weird. He created core elements of the story what should be in it but that does not make him the actual writer and total creator. It is the same for video games. Very often people who contribute central ideas are not the ones who create the fully fledged out stories (in Final Fantasy for example very often think of people like Hironobu Sakaguchi, while people like Kazushige Nojima are the actual writers). So you could say Toriyama-san is "a creator", but not the only one. Which is the reason why so many things are so different. He just says some important stuff and the rest is additionally created by Toyble and Toei.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:24 am

Rip F outfits :( this was my final hope.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:27 am

ekrolo2 wrote:I like how you don't see Black at all throughout the whole thing, just Trunks running away and being attacked by... something. What you don't see is usually scarier than what you do.

Tights and Jaco being there is a cool addition though I'm not a fan of Future Bulma's death apparently being cut. I can see Toyotaro showing it to us later when then FT explains his situation to the present day cast though.
Chuquita wrote:[spoiler]Wow! They skipped right to the current arc! Guess we're not seeing the manga ending of the tournament.[/spoiler]
They showed it to us. It was just glossed over.
I can see why I missed it; I read last month's chapter in ICU. I probably don't remember the whole thing in which case I probably should go re-read it.

Edit:
Back from re-reading! Wow they did wrap it up completely last month. All I remembered was Gokû went ssjg to fight Hit and I was happy that he used it and got to see my favorite Gokû transformation in my favorite dougi of his. ^^;
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Nickolaus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nickolaus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:35 am

HECTOR4 wrote:It seems that there are missing pages.
It's either incomplete or they didn't include the END bit.

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:39 am

Nickolaus wrote:
HECTOR4 wrote:It seems that there are missing pages.
It's either incomplete or they didn't include the END bit.
For the numbering of the pages that I can see seems also are missing pages at first.

EDIT:

No, I'm confused. The first pages are OK. And the chapter title in the site says: (드래곤볼 슈퍼 14-1화) Chapter 14 Part 1.
Last edited by HECTOR4 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:08 am, edited 3 times in total.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:48 am

Pretty lame that Bulma got killed off panel

I like that Mai and Trunks are more intimate in the future, at least with the hug. 2nd half seems very different from the anime, with everyone at Bulma's before Trunks arrives, along with Jaco and Tights. Glad Tights is there because I wanna know more about the character.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:53 am

is the manga going to give an explanation on how it can be possible for mai to be around trunks age when she was in her 20s in dragonball? If the answer is the dragonballs when did they use them in the future since everything is destroyed. If they used them in the androids arc the z fighters would've known right away and we would see pilaf and the dog shuu.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:57 am

Why is Tights and Jaco there and where is Piccolo and Krillin? Also did he have to have Goku and Vegeta fighting. There must be pages missing as well.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:58 am

jplaya2023 wrote:is the manga going to give an explanation on how it can be possible for mai to be around trunks age when she was in her 20s in dragonball? If the answer is the dragonballs when did they use them in the future since everything is destroyed. If they used them in the androids arc the z fighters would've known right away and we would see pilaf and the dog shuu.
They used them in the 3 year gap between Future Trunks and present Trunks' birth, that's why they're Trunks' age. It's not exactly hard to figure out. The Z fighters wouldn't have known, they had no idea that Freeza was resurrected until he showed up on Earth picking a fight

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:01 am

jplaya2023 wrote:is the manga going to give an explanation on how it can be possible for mai to be around trunks age when she was in her 20s in dragonball? If the answer is the dragonballs when did they use them in the future since everything is destroyed.
As i said in the other thread.

[spoiler]
Khin wrote:So let me explain this one more time. Mai's age is not really a plot hole or something. First of all, nowhere was it stated in Super on how or why Pilaf, Shu, and Mai become young again. But the most likely case is that they wished to become young before Dende became the guardian of Earth, or before Piccolo was killed in the future, since they were surprised when they learned that Shenlong can grant multiple wish (Which indicates that the last time they made a wish, Shenlong can only grant a single wish). So they probably wished for youth on around Age 766 - before the month of May in Age 767, which coincidentally [?] works with Toriyama statement in his "character secrets" page in Daizenshuu 7, were it was stated that Pilaf Gang planned another attempt at world domination but postponed it due to Androids and Cell happenings. They probably wished for youth before they planned those stuffs. The current arc of Super probably takes place on Age 780, so if Pilaf, Shu, and Mai wished for youth on around Age 766; then there would be no problem.

Age 766: Trunk is born | Pilaf, Shu, and Mai wished your youth

Age 780 (Present Timeline): Trunks is around 14 years old. Pilaf, Shu, and Mai are probably also at that age.

Age 797 (Future Trunks' Timeline): Future Trunks is around 31 years old (Physically 33 due to his RoSaT trip). Future Mai is also at that age.

Future Trunks said that Future Mai is around the same age as he is, so it makes perfect sense if Mai wished for youth on around Age 766 - Early 767.
[/spoiler]
If they used them in the androids arc the z fighters would've known right away and we would see pilaf and the dog shuu.
They probably noticed that the Dragon Ball was used, but they probably didn't care. The same as how Piccolo and the others noticed that the Dragon Balls was used when Pilaf used it in the RoF Arc, but they didn't do anything about it. Its very likely that Kami noticed it, but it's not like Pilaf can cause a major havoc to Earth anyway, so he probably just let them do what they want.
Last edited by Khin on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:10 am, edited 7 times in total.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:03 am

Just a word of warning, my better half is still asleep. So you guys are going to have to a be bit more patient this month.

Not that that's a bad thing, mind you. If the chapter really is incomplete, the extra wait time could see the missing pages added.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Roymustang16

Post by Roymustang16 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:04 am

jplaya2023 wrote:is the manga going to give an explanation on how it can be possible for mai to be around trunks age when she was in her 20s in dragonball? If the answer is the dragonballs when did they use them in the future since everything is destroyed. If they used them in the androids arc the z fighters would've known right away and we would see pilaf and the dog shuu.
It look like even Toyotaro don't want to screw up the Dragon Ball timeline by giving wrong information, as you can see every time indication are hidden :

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:13 am

Really good chapter so far, given the missing pages. Also keeping Goku Black completely hidden is a very good idea that helps retain the mystique of the character.