Preferred Sections

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Preferred Sections

Post by ryou766 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:08 pm

I've noticed some users favor in some selective sections without touching the others. For example, one user would mainly post on the Music section's threads without ever posting on any of the other threads from OTHER sections.

My question is, if you happen to be one of these people, why is that? Are you not interested in the topics of other sections, or what?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Preferred Sections

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:19 pm

The general franchise section for me, the in-universe is battle powers, I don't care about Super, Kai and Music have almost no activity and I don't care for Dragon Ball video games. But the Fan works and Website sections are pretty sweet to.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:22 pm

I mainly go to the Dragon Ball Super subforum, mainly for the episode discussions. In second place I have the General Franchise subforum, posting about anything. I barely touch the Website & Community subforum.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:28 pm

I can't say I ever paid mind to any of that, but my very own statistics mark me as a regular in the Dragon Ball Super section, naturally as that's current entertainment. I tend to pay attention to everything that catches my eye despite the math behind it. There's no exclusivity agreements here!

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:42 am

I largely post in the General Franchise folder because those are the kinds of topics that interest me. I frequently check out Fan-Created Works because of my own thread there, and that thread contains more posts by me than any other single thread. Lately, I go into Super now that I am catching up in the series. I'll read the episode discussion thread for every episode I watch, and then I'll go to the Fact Checker, but that's it. Regularly but not frequently, I'll check out Website and In-Universe, but I rarely post in them. Not really enough activity in the former, no interest in battle power debates in the latter. As for the other subforums, I almost never visit unless I have a specific reason to.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:58 am

I like most of them, but I post the most in Video Games. I would post a lot more in Music but it's not very active.

And the others are... whatever. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:06 am

I find In-Universe discussions fun. So i always hang around in their sub-section, especially in the VS Thread (Though the thread got less interesting lately). I'm quite not a fan of the Super sub-section, i only usually post in the Official Announcement Thread and Episodes Discussions thread. I lost interest in discussing strength-related stuff for Super, so i'm not that active in the Super PL Discussion thread as i used to be. I hate the Super sub-section lately due to repetitive Gohan-related thread (Which always ends with Gohan fans whining) and any other complaining threads.

I'm not active in the Video Games sub-section except in the Xenoverse 2 thread, since i didn't play any popular DB games except for Xenoverse. I have little to no knowledge about Music, so i'm also not active in the Music sub-section. I like the Web & Community Discussion sub-section, so usually post stuff here.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:25 am

My usual Modus Operandi, when I visit Kanzenshuu is to go to board index and check out if there are unread posts in each of the forums in the Kanzenshuu section.
If the topics are of interest like this one, I will go check the posts, if not, I'll simply press the "mark topics as read" button.

I then go to the Dragon Ball section and go through the same process with Kai, Music and Video-games.
Kai doesn't interest me at all anymore, so I quickly disappear from that sub-forum.
In the music sub-forum, I'm mostly interested by the general Yamamoto rip-off thread, because it is always fun to see just how many of the classic tracks he took from somewhere else.
In the Video-games subforum, I tend to keep track of what happens in Heroes and recently Xenoverse 2 and Fusions, everything else gets a "marked topics as read."

After all that my real browsing starts with the general franchise discussion sub-forum, where lots of stuff interest me, the same goes for the fan-created works section and especially so in the In-universe discussion sub-forum and Dragon Ball Super.
So my most preferred sections are the in-universe discussion sub-forum, because I really like theorizing about all the different aspects of how stuff works in Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Super, because it's new Dragon Ball, which is of course a huge(understated) plus, sprinkled with even more in-universe discussion.

Due to the forum upgrade 2 days back, however I can now browse all the threads more easily by going to quick links and then go to unread posts, which is pretty cool.
I'm already loving the changes :thumbup:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:27 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Due to the forum upgrade 2 days back, however I can now browse all the threads more easily by going to quick links and then go to unread posts, which is pretty cool.
You could already view unread posts, if I recall correctly. On the Board Index, it had the same stuff as the quick links do now.
MyAnimeList | AniList

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Due to the forum upgrade 2 days back, however I can now browse all the threads more easily by going to quick links and then go to unread posts, which is pretty cool.
You could already view unread posts, if I recall correctly. On the Board Index, it had the same stuff as the quick links do now.
That's funny, I was just thinking, if this wasn't already an option and I had just been an idiot for not realizing it sooner :lol:

B
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by B » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:03 pm

Most DB games have a reputation for not being very good and I don't play many video games in general as of late, so unless there's some other interesting aspect, like the cornucopia of character and story information Dragon Ball Online offered back in the day, I don't feel the need to go in there. It would seem the general consensus of these recent Xenoverse games is that they're not embarrassing, but also forgettable. Dragon Ball Heroes is just utterly confusing, on top of the fact the staff feels no need to make news posts about general updates in that arena, so I more or less ignore that too. Dragon Ball Fusions just seems like a novelty, where you just go "Oh hey, a Pan and Videl fusion, neato" and then leave.

The Music section is mostly "favorite piece from X composer", "what if X show used Y score", or "Did Yamamoto steal this, too?" threads. The latter has semi-interesting informational aspects to it, but not enough to check every day.
Keen Observation of Dragon Ball Z Movie 4's Climax wrote:Slug shits to see the genki

Shiyonasan
Advanced Regular

Post by Shiyonasan » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:57 pm

I mostly go to the General Franchise Discussion section, Music section, and strangely enough, the Website & Community Discussion section.

General Franchise Discussion has the most interesting threads to me topic-wise, and I like to read them even if I hardly ever reply in there.

The Music section I like because of the "Opinions on Piece of Music" thread, but I like to visit some of the other threads in there too if something catches my eye.

Website & Community Discussion is interesting to me because I like to see what's going on with the site and people's opinions and thoughts about stuff that's going on with the site. Plus, I enjoy updating the list in the "Locations/Languages of All Members" thread.

I used to go to the In-Universe Discussion section more often shortly after I joined, but I lost interest in it many years ago. Many of the threads in there talk about power levels or general power/transformation stuff, which doesn't interest me at all.

I ignore the Dragon Ball Kai section almost completely. Don't care for Kai at all.

I do visit the Dragon Ball Super forum once in a blue moon to see what people are saying about something that happened in the series, or if I didn't completely understand a story aspect.

I visit the Video Games and Fan Created Works sections on occasion, but not often.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:04 pm

Shiyonasan wrote:the "Opinions on Piece of Music" thread
Which I love, by the way. :P

Somewhat off-topic, my favorite thread is probably Xenoverse 2 so far (as I do post a lot there), and otherwise maybe the one mentioned above (just wish it was more active).
MyAnimeList | AniList

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:28 am

These days Super is definitely my go-to section, and that's where most of my posts are now. I guess in recent years I tend to follow the discussions of newer material more, since after being around here so long, other discussions tend to be repeats of things that've been brought up before. But I still look at the general discussion quite frequently, and also check out the fan-works on a regular basis. And also the podcast section after I've listened to the most recent episode. I'll at least peak into the other sections occasionally, but rarely post anything; I could see myself posting in Kai again whenever the hell the English dub comes out, but otherwise that and stuff like video games don't hold much interest for me.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:27 pm

I primarily frequent the In-Universe and, to a lesser extent, General Franchise threads because I take great interest in the inner workings of the franchise, as well as the franchise itself as a whole. I used to check the Dragon Ball Kai threads now and then before Kai's completion, and I check the Dragon Ball Super threads now and then when it's time for a new episode. I don't particularly check any of the Video Game threads because I've only ever played Dragon Ball Final Bout. I only very rarely ever check the Music threads because I don't have much interest in discussing the music, despite greatly enjoying listening to it; even now, I'm listening to Kiseki no Big Fight. I used to keep up with Dragon Ball New Age (now on hiatus) and Young Jijii's Dragon Ball AF (completed) in the Fan Works section, but I now only really keep up with the Interesting or Funny Pictures thread. I don't interact much with the Website & Community threads anymore because I don't really have anything to contribute in that regard.

Edit: Just realized what section we're in right now, so that last sentence is kind of nullified, I suppose.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:48 pm

I always go to the General Franchise section because it's updated everyday but sometimes I go to Kai or Super sections just for dubs info and Videogames. I barely go to Music and Fan Created Works.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:10 pm

By now, my status has changed quite a lot.

The Website & Community Discussion isn't very active, but I put stuff there (here) occasionally. The Podcast is The Podcast. I literally never post in Staff Help Requests, but no one has since May 25th. :wink:
General Franchise Discussion is pretty useful. I have a GIF thread, a sprite thread, and a game there. In-Universe Discussion I've recently found to actually be pretty fun (the Versus Thread, namely) and definitely underrated. I pretty rarely post in the Super episode discussions since I'm always behind. Otherwise, I post pretty averagely in the general section. The Kai section is mostly dead, so me posting there is very rare.
Music is the same case as before: would post more were it more active. I post in Video Games all the time, especially the Xenoverse 2 thread. And Fan-Created Works is considerably over average, since I post in Fan Works Explosion, Interesting or Funny Pictures Thread, and my fanfic thread.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:20 pm

I don't really have a preferred section. While I post mostly in the General Franchise Discussion and Dragon Ball Super sections, any section of the forum that I haven't really delved into previously, I'll usually check out and if the topics I uncover interest me, I'll post in them.