"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

THEGOKU
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Yeah I think the final trailer has to truly be impressive to win people back. It just seems very laid back as though they know people will be buying it regardless of what new content or the effort they put it. It is good to because at the same time it would be bad if they had a "No Man's Sky" type of marketing and PR push to give a recent example.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:20 pm

Yeah, NB needs to do a better job with the marketing. The game may come in a couple months, but still, at least show a few more new stuff. Prior to Gamescon, they had the exact same demo with the same playable characters in every event that they went.

Say, when is the Gamescon trailer coming? Is it tonight?
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:25 pm

EXBadguy wrote:Yeah, NB needs to do a better job with the marketing. The game may come in a couple months, but still, at least show a few more new stuff. Prior to Gamescon, they had the exact same demo with the same playable characters in every event that they went.

Was it announced that we would be getting one?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:32 pm

THEGOKU wrote:
EXBadguy wrote:Yeah, NB needs to do a better job with the marketing. The game may come in a couple months, but still, at least show a few more new stuff. Prior to Gamescon, they had the exact same demo with the same playable characters in every event that they went.

Was it announced that we would be getting one?
I don't think so and if we get one it'll probably be the same one we already have.
THEGOKU wrote:It just seems very laid back as though they know people will be buying it regardless of what new content or the effort they put it.
That's the mindset nearly everyone involved with the franchise has had since BOG.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:36 pm

That damaged outfit Majin Vegeta is wearing looks awesome. I'm still keeping my hopes up for costumes instead of Presets.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:08 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Roymustang16 wrote:Very high quality offscreen gameplay video available from Gamersyde :
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_gamepl ... 68_en.html
The fact that Cooler is reffered to in the game as 'Cooler (Fourth Form) makes me think his fifth form will be a seperate character.
Ugh. Not this shit again. I hate the idea of transformations being counted as separate characters. It's just such a lazy way of beefing up the roster. Whoever is in charge of marketing this game should be fired.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:24 pm

I hope we get King Vegeta's armor.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:31 pm

Kanassa wrote:I hope we get King Vegeta's armor.
Priority:
3. Armor
2. Hair (since it's shared with his son)
1. Beard :3
MyAnimeList | AniList

MatrixChap
Beyond Newbie

Post by MatrixChap » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I hate the idea of transformations being counted as separate characters. It's just such a lazy way of beefing up the roster. Whoever is in charge of marketing this game should be fired.
Yeah, whose great idea was it? Why is the budget of the game so low they can't bother putting every form into one slot? :roll:

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:45 pm

Zenkashuu wrote:Split screen is dead.
I know. And it makes me so sad.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:00 pm

MatrixChap wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I hate the idea of transformations being counted as separate characters. It's just such a lazy way of beefing up the roster. Whoever is in charge of marketing this game should be fired.
Yeah, whose great idea was it? Why is the budget of the game so low they can't bother putting every form into one slot? :roll:
I guess because imho Cooler/Freeza/Cell/Buu forms should work differently than how SSJ transformatins work in XV.

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:37 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
MatrixChap wrote:
I guess because imho Cooler/Freeza/Cell/Buu forms should work differently than how SSJ transformatins work in XV.
No, it's the same character, & they haven't gotten this right since Budokai 3.

Super Saiyajin Luffy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super Saiyajin Luffy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Not sure, if Xenoverse is going to be shown at Wizard World Gaming stream today, but appearently according to title it's gonna be to be streamed:
https://www.twitch.tv/wizardworldgaming
DragonBall Xenoverse Fighting Mechanics breakdown
The DragonBall Xenoverse pre-release Q&A and general information post
Rukura about Sparking Omega wrote:I'm imagining people from Namco Bandai looking at these big sites talking about the announcement and them going "Wait....what?! Did we do that? Are we doing that? *turns to Spike* Are you people doing that?"
DB Xenoverse is not a DBZ simulator with fighting elements, it's a semi competent fighting/action game with DBZ simulation elements.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:42 pm

z_cherub wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
MatrixChap wrote: Yeah, whose great idea was it? Why is the budget of the game so low they can't bother putting every form into one slot? :roll:
To be fair, Dragon Ball games have done the whole "transformation counts as separate characters" deal in games for quite while now. I'll never forget how in GT: Final Bout there were six different versions of Goku. :lol:

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Super Saiyajin Luffy wrote:Not sure, if Xenoverse is going to be shown at Wizard World Gaming stream today, but appearently according to title it's gonna be to be streamed:
https://www.twitch.tv/wizardworldgaming
They seem to be streaming some sort of tournament for xenoverse 1
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:58 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
MatrixChap wrote:
I hope they at LEAST have Golden Frieza as a transformation. I'm not too bothered by the others since I see how the transformation system in this work as temporary buffs, therefore Frieza's Gold form and Zarbon's Monster form should work the same way as the SSJ transformations.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:00 pm

Grimlock wrote:Well, if Majin Vegeta is confirmed, then that confirms Metal Cooler as well, or why would there be an image of him too in that event?

That's neat, that increases the chances for guys like Bojack to appear (though I still doubt Garlic Jr, doctor Wheelo, and Hirudegarn/Tapion will appear for some reason :?).
Tapion is too popular not to be added in the game. I bet most of the roster won't be shown until closer when the game is released. The game's roster will probably be leaked like a week before the game is released.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:08 pm

EXBadguy wrote:I hope they at LEAST have Golden Frieza as a transformation. I'm not too bothered by the others since I see how the transformation system in this work as temporary buffs, therefore Frieza's Gold form and Zarbon's Monster form should work the same way as the SSJ transformations.
If we take the Frost Demons having the Golden Form as a transformation into account, I find it very likely that Frieza will be able to use his Golden Form without being a separate character. Do you think his Full Power slot would work the same way?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:39 pm

z_cherub wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
MatrixChap wrote: Yeah, whose great idea was it? Why is the budget of the game so low they can't bother putting every form into one slot? :roll:
I never liked that about Budokai 3. Always preferred BT3 where you could start and stay transformed the whole fight

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:I never liked that about Budokai 3. Always preferred BT3 where you could start and stay transformed the whole fight
It's impossible to pull off something as seemingly basic as Goku VS Frieza in Budokai 3. Not only must you charge ki up to Super Saiyan level, you need to hope your opponent does the same into Final Form or Full Power.

Back on-topic, does all the DLC, and presumably characters, from XV being in the base game here mean the story will cover it all, or will we be forced to play Parallel Quests to unlock the same characters as the first game?
MyAnimeList | AniList