"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Spenzer » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:45 am

I wonder if Sorbet and Tagoma will be in the game...

Psycho50501
Beyond Newbie

Post by Psycho50501 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:05 am

Shin wrote:
nato25 wrote:SSJ3 seems to get rid of any head accessories you have on your character. The Great Saiyaman character with the bandana and glasses loses them once transformed. I'm hoping they don't magically reappear once you transform back... (although I'm not going to give them that much credit). I just want a gi where your not forced to wear the tight undershirt and I think I saw that in the video.

Sad to see clothes still can't be colour changed, that's a bummer. What a tease to keep showing the commander red outfit in different colours but then it turns out they just made a colour version of that. Maybe every clothing item has a colourable version but again that's wishful thinking. I'm not too stressed about the stats still on clothes as I think there will be ways to change that or you can just play the no stats mode in online vs.

Menus look nice and this isn't really relatable to anything but Kid Gohan got a new outfit with the white headband. That actually wasn't in Xenoverse 1 he just had the no headband version. Also female CaC has an option for Videls pigtails as a hairstyle, you can see it really quickly if you slow down the video on YouTube to 0.25 speed and keep pausing
That's not true. You can see how many costume pieces that have the multicolored icon in the menu.

Yeah but seams like Goku,Vegeta,Napa, and Ratiz clothes can't be re-colored as it has an orange icon instead of an multicolored Icon. Hopefully this gets fixed and is either all clothes are color-able when the game is released or it gets fixed via a patch. I know a lot of people who like to be able to choose their own colors. I for one would like to to stand out from wearing something similar to someone else.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:57 am

HeroR wrote:
Shin wrote:
Base Teen Gohan was introduced in chapter 387 of the manga.
Do you mean in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber? If so, he was still kinda in that kid Gohan phase.
He's still a kid period, never understood why the games call him Teen when hes like 10

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Spenzer wrote:I wonder if Sorbet and Tagoma will be in the game...
Since we have ROF in the main story, it seems possible.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:14 pm

I only want Sorbet if he has the special ability to OHKO anyone who isn't locked onto his character.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:19 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I only want Sorbet if he has the special ability to OHKO anyone who isn't locked onto his character.
Too OP pls nerf ring.

But seriously, do we really need Sorbet? Answer, no, we really don't...
Last edited by SSJ God Gogeta on Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:23 pm

The 6v1 looks good so far, though that 'possession' attack is going to be hell on my PC...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:07 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:I only want Sorbet if he has the special ability to OHKO anyone who isn't locked onto his character.
Too OP pls nerf ring.

I personally think that if they put FnF characters, we should get first Shisami and Tagoma instead of Sorbet.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:13 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:
Too OP pls nerf ring.

I personally think that if they put FnF characters, we should get first Shisami and Tagoma instead of Sorbet.
In the end I honestly don't care if we get anyone else from 'F'. It's not like I'm gonna be playing as anyone from that damn movie anyway. :lol:

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:38 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:But seriously, do we really need Sorbet? Answer, no, we really don't...
Why don't we, though? I'd like him. I don't see your logic at all.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:46 pm

I've honestly been wanting Roshi in a game ever since BT3.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:52 pm

ryou766 wrote:I've honestly been wanting Roshi in a game ever since BT3.
Thank you. If we can have Roshi (who did nothing plot-wise in Z), then we can have Base Tween Gohan.
MyAnimeList | AniList

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:53 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:But seriously, do we really need Sorbet? Answer, no, we really don't...
Then make him an alternate costume for a Freeza soldier, I don't fucking care...

This game at it's core is a fighting game. Sorbet is not a fighter... He did absolutely nothing in 'F' aside from make the wish to bring back Freeza, shoot Goku with his stupid little ring, and then die... He is not a character that is needed in this game. We already have the normal Freeza soldiers & the Saibamen, we really don't need anymore cannon fodder...

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:55 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:This game at it's core is a fighting game. Sorbet is not a fighter... He did absolutely nothing in 'F' aside from make the wish to bring back Freeza, shoot Goku with his stupid little ring, and then die... He is not a character that is needed in this game. We already have the normal Freeza soldiers & the Saibamen, we really don't need anymore cannon fodder...
:wtf: By that logic, all the weaker characters such as the Earthling Z-Fighters should be excluded because they're weak. I mean, they put Whis in who didn't fight at that point. No offense, but I've never seen such bad logic until the past couple days.
MyAnimeList | AniList

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
SSJ God Gogeta wrote:This game at it's core is a fighting game. Sorbet is not a fighter... He did absolutely nothing in 'F' aside from make the wish to bring back Freeza, shoot Goku with his stupid little ring, and then die... He is not a character that is needed in this game. We already have the normal Freeza soldiers & the Saibamen, we really don't need anymore cannon fodder...
:wtf: By that logic, all the weaker characters such as the Earthling Z-Fighters should be excluded because they're weak. I mean, they put Whis in who didn't fight at that point. No offense, but I've never seen such bad logic until the past couple days.
But he's not a fighter!

Fuck it, might as well throw Bulma in as a playable character while you're at it...

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:06 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
We need characters who actually fought (and missing forms) before we go into Sorbet territory. He's not worth wasting a character slot on.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:12 pm

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I wouldn't mind Bluma as a playable character, utilizing weapons for her moveset... I'm sure that's beside the point, but I'll welcome it. As far as I'm concerned, as long as the character is balanced and unique, they can throw in whoever. Transformations and combat panels aren't that vital to me. Some of the classic games survived having Freeza and Cell complete from the start. The original subject of this conversation, Sorbet, isn't particularly on my radar. I doubt we'll see him anyway, so I don't understand the passion from either position concerning that. It's only a "waste" if you don't give them a chance, not because there's a written law in needing them.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:18 pm

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:But he's not a fighter!

Fuck it, might as well throw Bulma in as a playable character while you're at it...
Rein it in. This is not the attitude to take when discussing characters in a shonen fighting game that originated from a manga author that got his fame from poop jokes.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:27 pm

I feel like I'm ruining the sarcasm, but some fun stuff could be done with Pilaf's contraptions, too. The only thing that limits those decisions are the developers and their ideas. I don't know, I suppose I just like seeing creative workarounds.

EDIT: Oh, the post I responded to was gone. Well, I'll just let this sit awkwardly. :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Sometimes I can't control my sarcasm, but I think it's better to keep that to myself. Even though some people deserves my sarcasm. :roll:
Last edited by Grimlock on Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~