Vegeta vs Black Round 2: Does Veggie have a chance?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta vs Black Round 2: Does Veggie have a chance?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Nekis13 wrote:He'll lose for sure, just not as badly as last time.
Him losing is just tradition. The real question should be, will Vegeta die this time?

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:20 pm

He's most likely going to lose again. Nothing has changed from last time other than Bulma coming along.

Episode 63 has something to do with "Vegeta's Fierce Battle." I'm curious to see if they stay in the Future until then.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:22 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Him losing is just tradition. The real question should be, will Vegeta die this time?
Hasn't Vegeta won more fights than Goku in DB Super?

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cursemark505 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:36 pm

MadSaiyantist wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Hasn't Vegeta won more fights than Goku in DB Super?
Perhaps, but he also jobbed a lot & he loses his fights much faster than Goku does.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Mazingerdestro wrote: Wait are zenkai's even working?
When the plot asks for it, yeah.

Even thought FT Trunks wasn't beaten to death, I assume he got stronger after fighting Black, Goku SSJ3 and Vegeta SSB.
Adding this to his will to survive is the reason why I wasn't bothered by the power levels in their fight against Black and Zamasu.

As for Vegeta, he now knows about Black's ki blade, so he should last longer. There's no much difference between him and Goku.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:22 pm

Vegeta has won more fights than Goku in super lol.

Do people forget that Goku loses a lot to?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:44 pm

Hell, Vegeta's gonna get his ass kicked again. He's Dragon Ball's go-to-guy to make the villains look like a threat. He's basically a glorified jobber.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:08 am

How would Vegeta lose during the process of Goku winning? They're supposed to be equal with each other. I'm going to assume the Spirit Bomb will come into play and Vegeta will have to stall alongside Trunks.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:23 am

Lionel wrote:How would Vegeta lose during the process of Goku winning? They're supposed to be equal with each other. I'm going to assume the Spirit Bomb will come into play and Vegeta will have to stall alongside Trunks.
They're not really equals. Goku is a stronger than Vegeta (even if we discount the Kaioken). It's just not by a super huge margin.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:52 am

I wonder why he's back to gravity training. It's not like he's gonna get that much stronger but I wouldn't be surprised if he actually does, especially after that whole Trunks-becoming-significantly-stronger-after-getting-kicked-around-in-the-woods-for-like-half-a-day BS. Bulma's coming with them this time so maybe she gets killed/hurt and Vegeta gets a rage boost or something. I honestly can't wait for him to get his ass handed to him on silver platter again. It's so addictive. :mrgreen:
FortuneSSJ wrote: Even thought FT Trunks
I don't mean to sound rude or anything but calling him FT Trunks is redundant since FT stands for Future Trunks.
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:14 am

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:Vegeta has won more fights than Goku in super lol.

I am beginning to wonder the same too. Goku only won one U6 fight yet people go crazy cuz Vegeta lost to Hit and cite Toriyama hates Vegeta, or that Vegeta needs more of a spotlight. He's lucky to be where he is and that Toriyama gave him SSGSS some fans just underappreciate this.

I love Vegeta but his fanboys can be the worse that sometimes I wish he got the Yamcha Piccolo etc treatment where he just becomes a side character.

Avery
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avery » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:43 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I am beginning to wonder the same too. Goku only won one U6 fight yet people go crazy cuz Vegeta lost to Hit and cite Toriyama hates Vegeta, or that Vegeta needs more of a spotlight. He's lucky to be where he is and that Toriyama gave him SSGSS some fans just underappreciate this.

I love Vegeta but his fanboys can be the worse that sometimes I wish he got the Yamcha Piccolo etc treatment where he just becomes a side character.
It's because Goku's losses are never as humiliating as Vegeta's (they seem more humiliating partly because of how cocky and arrogant Vegeta acts before a fight), and Goku always gets the big fights while Vegeta clears out the fodder. Maybe I'm a bit biased here since I prefer Goku, but I don't see why Vegeta should get to kill a main villain. Goku is the main character and he was always the one to defeat main villains. The only reason Gohan even got to kill Cell is because Toriyama was setting him up to be the main character. I doubt Vegeta fans would complain that much if Goku was the one to kill Cell.
An angry Final Fantasy fan wrote: And after all the outrage, when I'm ready, I'll go out on to GameStop and buy a Persona 5 copy. And when my mother finds me investing my precious time trying to bond with this hot anime girl, I'll look straight into her eyes and say "but have you looked at the menu screen? have you actually seen the menu screen? In that very moment, she knows. She fucking knows. As she handles me the nugget pieces she previously cooked for me, she leaves my room with these words: "Persona 5 is the true savior of the JRPG".
VegettoEX wrote: In a blunt nutshell, no-one wants to read bullshit. Don't post bullshit. Be a cool person that posts cool things that other people would actually want to read. Don't be Zamasu from episode 63 talking to himself.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:33 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

Vegeta fans are legit the luckiest fanbase out any character from the old cast,because their favorite character is like the only character that was a rival to Goku and kept that spot and gonna be relevant through every single arc,storyline super has or gonna have and that still is not enough for them. Would they rather him join the old cast characters and fight to get cameos in a arc? Since just because he didn't defeat the main villain, that means he is down there with Yamcha.

Hell his fanboys sometimes do make me wish he just became a side character like the Yamcha,Tein,Gohan,Piccolo treatment and can barely even get a cameo through a entire arc. I know I keet repeating this, but the gods are the main focus of Super and Vegeta fans should be happy he even got SSGSS and gets to be apart of the gods story. Toriyama could of just had Goku and Bulma the ones interacting with all these gods, but he brought Vegeta along to.

You got fans dying for Goten to be Black, because its the only chance he has left to be apart of future arcs and storylines. You got Piccolo fans dying for the book of legends to be important because its the only thing he has left to be important to future storys.

And Vegeta fans think they got it bad, the only character who has it better than Vegeta is Goku.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:52 am

I think it's because Vegeta tends to go down in flames, while the two times Goku lost in Super he literally got cheated like Sorbet's laser and Frost poisoning him. He only got a humiliating defeat by Beerus first round. He gave up on Hit on his terms after giving one of the best fights in the series and he double teamed by Black and Zamasu, and the former is an immortal.

As for U6, I barely count Frost as a win for Vegeta since Goku and Piccolo beat him up, and would have won. He only really fought Magetta and Cabba straight, and Goku could have beating them both if Frost didn't cheat him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:24 am

The problem with Vegetas losses is that the enemies don't even expend much energy or even acknowledge Vegeta as a threat at all. He might as well be told to go sit in a corner somewhere. He literally doesn't even have the honor of giving the big bad a hard time or weakening them despite constantly being similar in power to Goku.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:24 am

HeroR wrote:I think it's because Vegeta tends to go down in flames, while the two times Goku lost in Super he literally got cheated like Sorbet's laser and Frost poisoning him. He only got a humiliating defeat by Beerus first round. He gave up on Hit on his terms after giving one of the best fights in the series and he double teamed by Black and Zamasu, and the former is an immortal.

As for U6, I barely count Frost as a win for Vegeta since Goku and Piccolo beat him up, and would have won. He only really fought Magetta and Cabba straight, and Goku could have beating them both if Frost didn't cheat him.
And Vegeta getting cheapshotted by Black doesn't count? Oh please you can't dismiss his victories because "other people" could have done it. Guess what they didn't he did, those victories count for him. Also being cheapshotted by a random laser is much much worse then anything Vegeta had done to him, Freeza had to blow up the entire planet to get rid of Vegeta for crying out loud.

And don't try and spin the double team thing in favour for Goku if it were the other way around you'd spin it to make it look like "Vegeta gets owned doubly but not only the seemingly invincible Black but an immortal God".

Given what has happened to other characters fans should be appreciate of the role Vegeta has in modern DB and not moaning left and right.

He's bloody back for this rematch and has a whole (or part) episode dedicated to him upcoming and you had people literally crying at the end of 56, throwing dumb meme's around to fit their "Toriyama hates Vegeta" agenda, it's things like that from his spoiled fanbase, that make me glad he didn't kill Freeza and I hope he doesn't kill Black or Zamasu.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:52 am

Well in general Goku has three wins in super. Botamo, Trunks, and Copy Vegeta

Vegeta has Frost, Magetta, Cabba, Tagomanyu, Golden Frieza, and Future Trunks.

Goku has kaioken as a flashy moment.

Vegeta has his fight with Beerus, Golden Frieza, tournament Arc, future Trunks.

Goku has 3 humiliation moments. Beerus vs ssj3, Ssj1 vs Frost, Ssjblue vs Black.

Vegeta has ssjblue vs Hit, ssjblue vs Black.

Yeah.......as I always say Super shows no love for Goku and provides constant character development and spotlight to vegeta.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:13 pm

Toriyama should give the z fighters and especially Vegeta new techniques. Wtf, besides kaio ken ( don't know if its Akira or Toei) we have nothing new in this arc.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:31 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Toriyama should give the z fighters and especially Vegeta new techniques. Wtf, besides kaio ken ( don't know if its Akira or Toei) we have nothing new in this arc.
DB is not about techniques. Is about guts answer yelling. We need separate transformation trees for these 2

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:08 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:Toriyama should give the z fighters and especially Vegeta new techniques. Wtf, besides kaio ken ( don't know if its Akira or Toei) we have nothing new in this arc.
Kaioken was introduced in Chapter 226 of the original Dragon Ball story. It's Toriyama's penmanship. If you're referring to Super Kaioken, that's a technique written by Matsui, as he handled that arc. Of course, if you meant combining Super Saiyan Blue with Kaioken, we don't know anything specific about who conjured that idea.