"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
nato25 wrote:Whoa Anime Kitten what's with the criticism of mods? The game is fairly old (in modern terms) and modders are expanding the game to breathe some new life in to it. I've never really seen someone take a negative stance on this.
Sorry, I didn't have time to rethink my post before submitting. I should say that I dislike the idea of adding to this kind of game when it's already fine the way it is, especially this close to release of a sequel. With what they can mod, all you need is the ability to add characters rather than replace them, a few combat enhancements, and you've got a Xenoverse 2: Mod Version.

On a positive light, I'll mention as I did once that Beerus (for one, at least) looked a bit updated on the roster.
Well personally I just want a better game whether it is official or not, but I haven't seen much of Xenoverse 1 with mods so don't know what that scene is like. If the true sequel is getting outshone by mods I think that is a bit of a problem for the dev team in terms of maybe not doing enough but that's another issue. For what it's worth Xenoverse 1 will obviously never have Conton City and all those inclusions no matter who mods it. (or it might again I know little about modding haha).

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:16 pm

nato25 wrote:For what it's worth Xenoverse 1 will obviously never have Conton City and all those inclusions no matter who mods it. (or it might again I know little about modding haha).
Depends, games like skyrim have such dedicated modding communities that they add content that rivals the original game in size. I always enjoyed games that came with modding tools.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:07 pm

Don't know if this was shown in the thread or not, but this was shared by the official Dragon Ball Z Video Games page:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
"Toyotaro has taken up the mantle of drawing Dragon Ball... Toyotaro's wonderful skills allow the Dragon Ball universe to be brought back to life in the present."
Nawww. I love this teamwork between Toriyama and Toyotaro. Good on Toyotaro for getting so far!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:14 pm

It was posted a page or two back. Does make you wonder just how long we'll be getting Dragon Ball.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:59 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Wow, modders of Xenoverse 1 are now able to create new PQ's.
Stuff like this really makes me sick... Characters are one thing, but when you can't do with what you have and you need to actually make missions for a game... :|
When mods add to the game and make playability much much longer it's a bad thing? Missing your stats and going online to fight others is one thing but otherwise?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:54 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:When mods add to the game and make playability much much longer it's a bad thing? Missing your stats and going online to fight others is one thing but otherwise?
Like I said earlier, I should've worded that better, but yes, I think it's unnecessary to add that much as it takes away from getting any sequels. Of course, this is just my opinion, and as such, I won't stop anyone from enjoying mods if they so desire.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:11 am

THEGOKU wrote:
Helios518 wrote:Question: Is the manga and the artbook from the collector's edition one and the same or are they two separate things?
It comes as part of the Time Patrollers Guide book as stated on the facebook announcement they made. So I believe it is the same as there is no artbook listed with the other items that you would get.
Would you please link me to the edition I need to order to get the artbook/manga :)? Or could anyone make a post with the different editions and where to order them, and how much they cost? Because for someone who hasn't been following a whole lot, this is rather confusing.

Anime Kitten wrote:
nato25 wrote:Whoa Anime Kitten what's with the criticism of mods? The game is fairly old (in modern terms) and modders are expanding the game to breathe some new life in to it. I've never really seen someone take a negative stance on this.
Sorry, I didn't have time to rethink my post before submitting. I should say that I dislike the idea of adding to this kind of game when it's already fine the way it is, especially this close to release of a sequel. With what they can mod, all you need is the ability to add characters rather than replace them, a few combat enhancements, and you've got a Xenoverse 2: Mod Version.

On a positive light, I'll mention as I did once that Beerus (for one, at least) looked a bit updated on the roster.
Are the mods only for the PC version? Or any other versions?

desu
Beyond Newbie

Post by desu » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:17 am

I forgot to mention this, but doesn't Turles' voice sound even sharper than it did in RB2 already?

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:23 am

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the game, but is waiting for the manga ? :)
I'm so excited, I can't wait to see this new 'Xenoverse 2' manga :) Especially that Toyatoro is involved ;)

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:27 am

sangofe wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:
Helios518 wrote:Question: Is the manga and the artbook from the collector's edition one and the same or are they two separate things?
It comes as part of the Time Patrollers Guide book as stated on the facebook announcement they made. So I believe it is the same as there is no artbook listed with the other items that you would get.
Would you please link me to the edition I need to order to get the artbook/manga :)? Or could anyone make a post with the different editions and where to order them, and how much they cost? Because for someone who hasn't been following a whole lot, this is rather confusing.
There's the Deluxe Edition ($90 or $80 for PC). It contains the base game, season pass, and early access (not exclusive access) to DBS Future Trunks.

Then there's the Collector's edition ($150). It contains the base game, a 13 inch Namek SSJ Goku statue, official soundtrack, steel game case, no DLC, and most importantly the art book.

The stores for where these editions are sold varied through countries. So here's the link to see where to find them.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:44 am

desu wrote:I forgot to mention this, but doesn't Turles' voice sound even sharper than it did in RB2 already?
I know, right? It's actually making me question if its still Chris Patton voicing him.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:54 am

Wow the collectors edition doesn't get the season pass? That's a tough choice for some. I went ahead and got the deluxe because of the season pass I mean the figure will be missed because it is a great one to have but no DLC that's kind of costly for one single game.

TL18
Beyond Newbie

Post by TL18 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:37 am

desu wrote:I forgot to mention this, but doesn't Turles' voice sound even sharper than it did in RB2 already?
Yeah, I was thinking about that. When I first heard it, I was pretty surprised. Lol Turles, the slick af Saiyan. Instead of going super Saiyan, he just becomes an even smoother talker. The legendary Super Slick Saiyan!

Alright, I'm having too much fun with that. On another note, I can't wait for the closed beta coming soon.
anyone else getting the closed beta?

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:02 am

Will people be allowed to post videos on youtube of the closed beta?
If anyone has a channel where they will be posting videos, please post links! :)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:43 am

Helios518 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
THEGOKU wrote:It comes as part of the Time Patrollers Guide book as stated on the facebook announcement they made. So I believe it is the same as there is no artbook listed with the other items that you would get.
There's the Deluxe Edition ($90 or $80 for PC). It contains the base game, season pass, and early access (not exclusive access) to DBS Future Trunks.

Then there's the Collector's edition ($150). It contains the base game, a 13 inch Namek SSJ Goku statue, official soundtrack, steel game case, no DLC, and most importantly the art book.

The stores for where these editions are sold varied through countries. So here's the link to see where to find them.

You don't list the manga in any of these, do you?
THEGOKU wrote:Wow the collectors edition doesn't get the season pass? That's a tough choice for some. I went ahead and got the deluxe because of the season pass I mean the figure will be missed because it is a great one to have but no DLC that's kind of costly for one single game.
I believe the season pass can be bought later?

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:04 pm

sangofe wrote:I believe the season pass can be bought later?
Yes. Some sites are already offering the season pass preorder.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:20 pm

As my PS4 Sony issues were resolved after a long exchange which ended in Czech Sony support unblocking my account, I am staying with PS4 gladly!
I will go for a season pass, but will wait for some anouncement for what the contents will be. It was nice getting the dragons last time, but wasn't impressed that much by Pan, GT Trunks and kid Goku.
Was kinda pissed with Towa and Mira not being in the core game and the characters I really loved were SSJB Goku, Vegeta and Golden Freeza.
So, 3 characters from the last pack at least. If there will be more movie characters and new story bits, I am all over it. The roster as now, is quite poor for me :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Do you think that Goku Black will be available as playable during the beta for the people that pre ordered? I hope so. Its about time we get see the thing we pre order for in game.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:37 pm

sangofe wrote:
Helios518 wrote:
sangofe wrote:

You don't list the manga in any of these, do you?
THEGOKU wrote:Wow the collectors edition doesn't get the season pass? That's a tough choice for some. I went ahead and got the deluxe because of the season pass I mean the figure will be missed because it is a great one to have but no DLC that's kind of costly for one single game.
I believe the season pass can be bought later?
The art book from the collectors edition is/includes the manga.

The season pass can be bought later
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:51 pm

Right the season pass isn't exclusive I'm sorry if I made it seem that way. What I was referring to was the collectors edition is already $150 and I'd imagine the season pass is what $30 or $40? I just don't remember in the past a DB game that came with that high of a dollar values worth of content.