Episode #0071 (01 April 2007)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:05 pm

You people are laughing? People have died! And even worse, thats another podcast on my iPod that won't update :cry:

Nice work, but I still hate April Fools because you can't take anyone seriously.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:58 am

What the hell was this!? What happened to them!? Is Daizenshuu EX gone for good.... I didn't know what happened at first. OMG! Is this for real!?

I'm surprised FUNImation or whoever else did this didn't shut the forums down. That's a relief.... but wait.... if the forums not down then that must mean the member list is still up.... Holy crap! :shock: Everyone unregister and escape to Uzbekistan! Armenia! Switzerland! Anywhere else! I'm serious! GO!!!!! They are on to us! We are sooooo fucking dead!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!!! They will kill us all 11!!!111!!!

Happy April Fools 2007 to you too Daizenshuu EX. Don't forget to nominate Mike LeBrie for Best Actor at the next Academy Awards everyone. Excellent podcast! Yeah I know my melodrama sucks in comparison. Boohoo I won't be in a soap opera anytime soon...
Last edited by Maphisto86 on Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:22 am

I guess if I'm a potential successor, I should exact some revenge or something...! :cry:

Also, at first I misheard and thought it was "Jeff's math book", which made things rather confusing.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:40 am

What .... A ... Shocking ... Podcast. And to think Mike's last act of nobleism was reinstating me on the forum. I will stand for truth, justice, and other stuff and band everyone here together! Veshira was right, Jeff was after Meri, and that is why he crossed sides and joined the underworld of Ft. Worth! We will avenge VegettoEX, even if we must send a kajillion letters of wide-screen disappointment to FUNimation. Daizenshuu EX podacasto, kashei $@*%%@$ Arigato Gomesu w/t a toshio and a fathameemee!

Back in the realm of realism, kick-ass episode! I'm only sorry I'm an hour-and-a-half late in posting. Awesome April Fool's prank you guys, this may even top AF! :lol:
14 years later

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:56 am

Don't worry Mike, we've got a plan. I've already gathered two Dragonballs in my corner of the globe, once the others have theirs we'll be able to bring you back.

WE SHALL PREVAIL!

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:45 am

Oh geez... *opens cupboard full of weapons* It begins... you're going down Steve...
Singer, actor, chiropractor!

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:46 am

It was shocking... It was scary... It was so funny. :lol: I laughed all through the podcast. Great April's fool prank. At first i thought it was real but then i remembered it was the 1st of April.
Funimation what are you doing????
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:56 am

omg scary. Nice one guys.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:29 am

mysteriousdbzgt wrote: first i thought it was real but then i remembered it was the 1st of April.
Funimation what are you doing????
This makes me want to ask... what was everyone's initial reaction to certain stuff?

.... Does anyone have a dragon radar? Or will we rely on our global distribution to increase our odds of finding all of the orbs of power? And should we make plans for the second wish?

... I nominate this week's episode for the episode with the most F-Bombs to date. ^^
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

nwoo_2002
Beyond Newbie

Post by nwoo_2002 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:09 am

Was I the only one who was gutted that we had no manga review?! Good podcast guys, loved the build up to the 'kidnapping'.
"Did you guys hear something?"
"I think it was the cats".

Classic.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:21 am

Heh... there was a lot of forshadowing I just didn't notice until listening for like a fourth time...
Like, the obvious one: why was Jeff's MacBook in the open?
What happened to Julian?
The sounds of the cats...
The fact that there was a lot that Mike said he would edit around that was inexplicably still there.
And the constant references to aliens should have given us a red harring...
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:25 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:Back in the realm of realism, kick-ass episode! I'm only sorry I'm an hour-and-a-half late in posting. Awesome April Fool's prank you guys, this may even top AF! :lol:
Nothing shall ever come close to touching the Dragon Ball AF prank.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:56 am

Can't touch dbaf!
... It had to be done in the name of... ... ... amusement...

The fact that the podcast has developed like a fiction while still being an intelligent source of information and enlightenment (and a little bit of entertaining) makes me think we should archive the episodes in an archaeologically sound format and fire them to separate ends of the universe and place one in each major place on the Earth.

Xell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xell » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:04 am

nwoo_2002 wrote:Was I the only one who was gutted that we had no manga review?! Good podcast guys, loved the build up to the 'kidnapping'.
"Did you guys hear something?"
"I think it was the cats".

Classic.
Same here. Still a nice Podcast though.

Kay
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kay » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:08 pm

This week's episode was the most scariest to date. It was all fine until something bad happened, which scared me.

Nice April Fool's, Mike. :)

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:26 pm

caejones wrote:.... Does anyone have a dragon radar? Or will we rely on our global distribution to increase our odds of finding all of the orbs of power? And should we make plans for the second wish?
According to my radar, there's three in North America (one in Canada), one in South America and one in Europe.

My sources tell me that the one in Europe may belong to a Nazi scientist building Artificial Humans to get revenge for WWII.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:54 pm

caejones wrote:Heh... there was a lot of forshadowing I just didn't notice until listening for like a fourth time...
Woah, I didn't even think of a couple of the ones you mentioned.

Even though I listened through this episode a couple times already, it still freaked me out when I listened to it alone in my room.

As for the matter of the dragonballs, it looks like we're gonna have to do a Grand Tour. I'll pack a couple snacks and get Imperialdramon ready (obscure Digimon season 2 reference).
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:34 pm

DaemonCorps wrote: As for the matter of the dragonballs, it looks like we're gonna have to do a Grand Tour.
I volunteer to be the "Giru" of the trip! (i.e. annoying and useless)
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Ginyu Taiko
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ginyu Taiko » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:06 pm

This episode sounded like something out of Nineteen Eighty-Four!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:03 pm

Ginyu Taiko wrote:This episode sounded like something out of Nineteen Eighty-Four!
Which is (I'm pretty sure) the same year DragonBall chapters 25-30 were originally published!

zomg conspercy!
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!