"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:35 pm

That poor girl has to take on the role of the fat male Majin. Must be hurtful. I Don't think I'll ever get Japanese marketing!

Not much new to see here though. I noticed there's 7 pages for emotes I think the Beta had 45 emotes you could do. All of Goku's old outfits confirmed to be returning (GT, Yardrat, etc.)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 pm

A few pages past that now, but thanks for the confirm on the different race openings guys! I was really hoping that was the case. That said though...the Majin race opening is kinda the best one. The Freeza race one is okay, but the rest of them seem kind of like odd choices to me...especially the Human's one.

Makes me hope there are other things in the game that are different and based on the race of the character you picked.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:18 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:A few pages past that now, but thanks for the confirm on the different race openings guys! I was really hoping that was the case. That said though...the Majin race opening is kinda the best one. The Freeza race one is okay, but the rest of them seem kind of like odd choices to me...especially the Human's one.

Makes me hope there are other things in the game that are different and based on the race of the character you picked.
I feel what would've felt more appropriate for an opening with each race, is to have our CaC just going about their daily lives in their respective environments, then getting Time-Bamfed by Trunks, Tika (Time Kaioshin) and/or Shenron to Conton City and being asked if you'd like to join the Time Patrol! Ya know, like it's an adoption. If you leave out the part about kidnapping people through time. That is pretty much what happened to your CaC in the first game. We just don't see them going about their lives. However XV2 makes it look like you've already joined and are just doing menial tasks like observation.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:27 pm

Hmm...I dunno, I do like that it's not just them wishing for someone new in, and that it feels like you've already joined the patrol and are just a rookie at this point (though that does raise the question, where are they finding other patrollers, even in the first game?). I just think they could have made some more interesting choices for what each race is looking at to tie it further into...well, them being interested in the history of their race or something.

Saiyans - The thing with Vegeta is okay, but it would have been better maybe to either have them listening in to King Vegeta talkinig to kid Vegeta about what it means to be a Saiyan, or barring them wanting to take the time to make models for those two, just having you listen in to Goku and Vegeta sparring (maybe on Beerus and Whis' planet?).

Humans - Definitely would have preferred you listening in to Tenshinhan and Chaozu training, or Kuririn sparring with 18 on Roshi's island, or...something. The Saiyaman thing just feels kind of odd. Or, if they really wanted to tie in to more DBO stuff kind of like the Majin one seems to be, they totally could have had you listen in on Tenshinhan and Kuririn sparring and talking about how they'd like to further the Crane and Turtle schools someday.

Namekians - The one we got is okay, I guess, but again I think maybe something tieing further in to DBO lore albeit loosely would have been cool. Like maybe have Piccolo and Dende having a conversation about how the Namekians are doing back on the new home planet, or maybe have Dende have heard from Muuri that other Namekians are wanting to travel to Earth to train with Piccolo to re-create the warrior class, or something.

Majins - This one is perfectly fine, can't think of anything I'd do differently.

Freeza's Race - This one is kinda okay, but I'd have shifted the focus from Ginyu and put even more of it on Freeza. Maybe instead of Ginyu training people, you could have overheard Freeza talking to Dodoria and Zarbon about crushing the Saiyans, or something.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:55 am

So apparently we'll be getting are first look at Goku Black at this weeks livestream.
Last edited by SSJ God Gogeta on Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:57 am

Yep should be good. I've written up my impressions from the closed beta if anyone's keen for a quick read.

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2016 ... pressions/

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:01 am

Images of Goku Black.
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:11 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Images of Goku Black.
He looks on point! I'm kinda sad that Black pulled off that insanely cool blade move on Goku in the latest DBS episode because I just know that won't be a move of his in Xenoverse 2.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:15 am

All in the DLC my friend. Super Saiyan Swagger I believe you're from Australia as well right and were contemplating getting the collectors edition. Did you end up going through with it? I saw the statue we get with the game on sale at Zing for $159 and instantly felt vindicated haha

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:25 am

nato25 wrote:All in the DLC my friend. Super Saiyan Swagger I believe you're from Australia as well right and were contemplating getting the collectors edition. Did you end up going through with it? I saw the statue we get with the game on sale at Zing for $159 and instantly felt vindicated haha
Yep! That statue looked so good so I decided to pre-order the collectors edition. I haven't been to Zing in a while so I had no idea they were selling it. I was so sure that it was going to be exclusive to this game. :lol: Ah well.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:16 am

Grimlock wrote:A PV and weird trailer.
So, that's where all my cocain went...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

JimmyRustam
Beyond Newbie

Post by JimmyRustam » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:18 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:Images of Goku Black.
Isn't Goku Black's Hair supposed to be pure black? Or does it look that way because of the lighting? (I'm referring to the grey-stripes on his hair-ends)

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:01 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
nato25 wrote:All in the DLC my friend. Super Saiyan Swagger I believe you're from Australia as well right and were contemplating getting the collectors edition. Did you end up going through with it? I saw the statue we get with the game on sale at Zing for $159 and instantly felt vindicated haha
Yep! That statue looked so good so I decided to pre-order the collectors edition. I haven't been to Zing in a while so I had no idea they were selling it. I was so sure that it was going to be exclusive to this game. :lol: Ah well.
Nice. I think the Xenoverse 2 version might have exclusive colouring or something but don't quote me on that. The statue does indeed look pretty cool you won't be dissapointed.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:19 am

SSJ God Gogeta wrote:So apparently we'll be getting are first look at Goku Black at this weeks livestream.
It must be a battle with Black and DBS Trunks they are going to show probably to get that final push for sales since the game is out in 13 days. Smart if you ask me for them to do that. I hope we can hear Sean's rendition of Black during the livestream to see how he does it.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:51 am

Finally remembered what else I was going to ask when I was asking questions earlier - do we know yet if you can change the colors on all costumes this time around, or is it still restricted to just the 'original' stuff?
Twitter

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:01 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Finally remembered what else I was going to ask when I was asking questions earlier - do we know yet if you can change the colors on all costumes this time around, or is it still restricted to just the 'original' stuff?
That's a great question I'm curious about myself. If we don't get the EoZ outfit we could just make the outfit using the GT one and change the colors so I personally hope they did change this. At least for certain ones.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:22 am

It looks like we have a larger variety this time, but we can still only change colors on certain outfits.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:52 am

That's a little disappointing, but ah well. As long as all outfit pieces (or at least most) from the last game are there and we get a bunch of new ones this time too, I'm pretty happy.
Twitter

Spenzer
Beyond Newbie

Post by Spenzer » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:23 am

http://www2.pic-upload.de/img/31886340/ ... 150237.png
Translated:
For everyone that asked:
Goku Black will have his earring ingame! On friday we're going to show more from him - then with earring. ;)

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:That's a little disappointing, but ah well. As long as all outfit pieces (or at least most) from the last game are there and we get a bunch of new ones this time too, I'm pretty happy.
I won't say it's a bunch of new outfits. It's definitely more than XV1, but not significantly. We're still going to be missing a lot of variety and customization. Like, it would be nice to wear Saiyan Armor with King Kai or Piccolo's symbol on the breastplate and/or back. That would've been nice. Unfortunately, we still aren't getting that level of item customization.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."