"King Vegeta: PWN'D!"

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

"King Vegeta: PWN'D!"

Post by Kaboom » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Quick question. When in the series is King Vegeta's confrontation with and murder by Freeza shown, and on what DVD? I'm pretty sure it was during the Namek saga somewheres.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Re: "King Vegeta: PWN'D!"

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:38 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Quick question. When in the series is King Vegeta's confrontation with and murder by Freeza shown, and on what DVD? I'm pretty sure it was during the Namek saga somewheres.
I remember Rocketman asking this very same question not too long ago, must be a popular curiosity. Anywho, here's my answer for Rocketman:
I wrote:It would be episode 78 (edit-version dub's count being 64), FUNi title - "Fighting Power: One Million". Yeah, I was a little let down the first time I saw the Bardock special and noticed no King Vegeta scenes. I actually ended up combining the siege attempts on Freeza's ship with the Bardock special once on my computer, ended up fitting it to after the final exterior shot of Freeza's ship as Bardock's heading to the Saiyan bar (so it seems to take place as Bardock is trying to convince his fellow Saiyans of Freeza's threat, gets his vision of adult Goku, and realizes he must make a final stand).
The DVD release you can find this episode in is FUNi's Volume 21 "Frieza - Transformation". There's a site too!?

Also, the upcoming August release of Season 3 will contain it as well.
14 years later

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:41 pm

I'm looking at it right now, its called "Fighting Power:One Million" and that's episode 64. The box itself is "Frieza-Transformation".
EDIT: Too Slow. Goddamn internet, making my trip downstairs useless.
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:46 pm

Thanks, guys. At least I know where in the series to look, now.

...Hmmm... Damn, DBArena doesn't seem to have clips for it. Hafta keep an eye out for the DVD or something, I guess...

What? Nothing. I'm not planning an awesome-tastic AMV or anything. Nope.
<_<
>_>

Any other King Vegeta appearances I might want to know about? I know he shows up in Goku's Vegeta-haunted hallucinations during Freeza, as well as in Broli's backstory.
deviantART
[thread]

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Any other King Vegeta appearances I might want to know about? I know he shows up in Goku's Vegeta-haunted hallucinations during Freeza, as well as in Broli's backstory.
There's also Vegeta's nightmarish dream after he injures himself during his 300x Gravity training, where after seeing Goku and Trunks transform and out-race him, he remembers the King telling him about the low-level rejects going off to planets where they won't face big threats. I'm pretty sure that can be found at DB Arena. Also, there's a flashback in the GT episode where Bebi nabs Vegeta of King Vegeta leading the final revolt against the Tsufurujin. Trying to think if there's anything else, there is a throne room scene in episode 78 showing Freeza's desire to raise Prince Vegeta and the King's reluctance.
14 years later

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:49 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:What? Nothing. I'm not planning an awesome-tastic AMV or anything. Nope.
<_<
>_>
You better not be doing what I think you're doing, Kaboom. >_>

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:03 pm

I smell a surprise coming on.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Snail wrote:I smell a surprise coming on.
Shhh...
deviantART
[thread]

Mystic Jack
Regular

Post by Mystic Jack » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:11 am

Ahahah! Well I am one for saying I haven't seen many AMV's with King Vegeta in them. I'll be interested to see the results! :)
Singer, actor, chiropractor!