"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:42 am

TheMikado wrote:Remember the official Toei version states there is no split timeline because it's destroyed.
Both the diagram on Toei's website and the most recent episode confirm that Beerus created a new timeline when destroying Zamasu though, so the basic gist of where Black came from is essentially the same in both versions.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:48 am

HeroR wrote:
Basako wrote:I've seen the complete manga in Youtube, more or less. I hope to see the manga not in a video soon, I don't like watching it like that.

So the paradox problem is solved, as we expected. The first fight between Goku and Zamasu had to be replaced with Kibito, but if that solves the paradox, I totally go with it. Also, nice to see a fight that is not about Goku for once. Well done, Toyotaro!

We can see Zamasu making questions to Zuno, probably to lokate the super dragon balls. His plan is going forward, he got to do it once, as we know he got Goku's body and escaped to the other timeline. It will be in the next chapter but we are already seeing Beerus and Whis going to see Gowasu, without Goku. Let's see what they do with Zamasu, probably kill him like in the anime. This means, if it's not a different timeline, which almost sure it's not, what is happening since Trunks arrived is that it is been overwritten, that doesn't mean what happened before didn't happen, it did.

The other team goes to Trunks's timeline. Goku, Vegeta and Trunks, no Bulma. I think it's fine, we don't need her there. So Goku and Vegeta are going to face Black first. We'll see how the power levels are handled. The Zamasu from there has to appear yet. We'll see what happens with Trunks's "transformation". I wish they had made the SSG ritual for him, but that's already discarded.

Waiting for the traductions, but if he it's gonna be saying that Goku has never kissed Chichi, like they implied in the anime, I don't like it at all. What's a kiss if he has fucked his wife, at least to conceive Gohan and Goten. We'll see.

I want to see battles, but it was not a bad chapter regarding to storytelling, I wouldn't take out anything. The visit to Zeno had to be told, it had to be explained how Whis and Beerus get to know that Zamasu is Black so they go to U10 and they finally get in front of Black, ready to fight. By the way, Goku didn't forget the senzu beans, good one.

My predictions:

There won't be any retreat to Goku's timeline, all will happen in the same travel. That means no Mafuba, oh, that was handled very badly in the anime, just saying. Gowasu and Shin will go to help, that's almost a fact, thanks to the picture where they are seen on a motorbike. I have doubts, but I think we'll see Vegetto and the same "retcon" about the time limit for mortals. No Yajirobe, I may prefer the anime for that, although he has done nothing, Scratch does the same role. And much better fighting choreographies and less bullshit like clones appearing from a hole in the sky or half of merged Zamasu's body melting and turning purple.
Bulma went with them.
Hey, finally I read the manga not in a video. Bulma didn't go with them!!!!! You can see she stays with the kids while Goku, Vegeta and Trunks leave. Look at the picture in the spoiler bar:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Heno heno kappa!

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:01 am

TheMikado wrote:
I think that's a real stretch to assume Toei created them when Toyotaro specifically states that Toriyama is more particular about the gags and both versions happened to have the same gags. Not everything Toei does is bad and not everything Toriyama does is good.
First, I don't think that all Toei does is bad, neither all Toriyama does is good.

Second, being more particular about the gags, he may perfectly be referring that he is more particular to correct or comment the comedic gags than the storyline, since he says that gives Toyotaro more freedom to create those. Doesn't mean that he creates them, that's only an assumption you do.

I think Toyotaro receives influence from the anime, as it is further, and he says it is so. It's not casual, for example, that Goku shows how he is actually bringing the senzu beans to the other timeline like to the front of our faces. I think he wants to make it clear, because we all know he forgot them in the anime. In the same way, it's not out of line that he includes in the manga the comedic gags that he likes from the anime, which is not a confirmation that they come from Toriyama at all. Could be, but, we don't know, so it can't be stated as a fact that Toriyama wrote them, like some people are writting. What is true is that they have Toriyama's approval, which is something, as he reads Toyotaro's storyboards monthly.
Heno heno kappa!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:21 am

By the way Vegetto is 100% happening as shown in the poster Gowasu and Kaioshin are there when Goku and Vegeta fight Merged Zamasu. Why would they be there if not to provide potaras for Goku and Vegeta?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:41 pm

emperior wrote:By the way Vegetto is 100% happening as shown in the poster Gowasu and Kaioshin are there when Goku and Vegeta fight Merged Zamasu. Why would they be there if not to provide potaras for Goku and Vegeta?
The fact that they are in the original dogi basically confirms Vegetto, since that's probably the reason they took the RoF outfits off them in the first place. (Toriyama probably drew Vegetto with his old "Z" clothes or something) I really doubt Zamasu "Melting" and turning purple though. Also his merged Zamasu looked like he was trying to make the hair a bit different than just adding SSJ hair to the fusion.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Xeztin wrote:
emperior wrote:By the way Vegetto is 100% happening as shown in the poster Gowasu and Kaioshin are there when Goku and Vegeta fight Merged Zamasu. Why would they be there if not to provide potaras for Goku and Vegeta?
The fact that they are in the original dogi basically confirms Vegetto, since that's probably the reason they took the RoF outfits off them in the first place. (Toriyama probably drew Vegetto with his old "Z" clothes or something) I really doubt Zamasu "Melting" and turning purple though. Also his merged Zamasu looked like he was trying to make the hair a bit different than just adding SSJ hair to the fusion.
Neither of them are wearing their Buu Saga outfits. I am sure where this narrative that their went back to their BOG outfits based on Vegetto when the outfit should be different.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:57 pm

HeroR wrote:
Xeztin wrote:
Neither of them are wearing their Buu Saga outfits. I am sure where this narrative that their went back to their BOG outfits based on Vegetto when the outfit should be different.
They're wearing practically the same clothes as when they fused in the Buu Saga, the only thing THAT different is Vegeta's Body Armour (Which is practically blown off) I think the Blue under Armour of his, plus Goku's old dogi is close enough to give Vegetto his Buu saga look.
Last edited by Xeztin on Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Xeztin wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Xeztin wrote: The fact that they are in the original dogi basically confirms Vegetto, since that's probably the reason they took the RoF outfits off them in the first place. (Toriyama probably drew Vegetto with his old "Z" clothes or something) I really doubt Zamasu "Melting" and turning purple though. Also his merged Zamasu looked like he was trying to make the hair a bit different than just adding SSJ hair to the fusion.
They're wearing practically the same clothes as when the fused in the Buu Saga, the only think THAT different is Vegeta's Body Armour (Which is practically blown off) I think the Blue under Armour of his, plus Goku's old dogi is close enough to give Vegetto his Buu saga look.
I wonder if this was a move by Toei to enable stores to push old stock of Vegetto toys?
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:03 pm

phattangent wrote:
Xeztin wrote:
HeroR wrote:
They're wearing practically the same clothes as when the fused in the Buu Saga, the only think THAT different is Vegeta's Body Armour (Which is practically blown off) I think the Blue under Armour of his, plus Goku's old dogi is close enough to give Vegetto his Buu saga look.
I wonder if this was a move by Toei to enable stores to push old stock of Vegetto toys?
I think Toriyama either drew Vegetto in his old Buu saga outfit, so they just went with it or Vegetto was never supposed to be present in the first place. We might see Goku and Vegeta fuse into Gogeta in the manga instead. If he wasn't supposed to be present then Toei noticed this is the only practical time to bring him back and they jumped on it. Actually, I'm banking on Vegetto and "Super" Trunks being a Toei thing instead of a Toriyama thing.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:27 pm

Xeztin wrote: They're wearing practically the same clothes as when they fused in the Buu Saga, the only thing THAT different is Vegeta's Body Armour (Which is practically blown off) I think the Blue under Armour of his, plus Goku's old dogi is close enough to give Vegetto his Buu saga look.
Goku was, but not Vegeta. He wore a jump suit in the Buu Saga and the color was darker, not a light blue. And most of his armor is still intact.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:37 pm

HeroR wrote:
Xeztin wrote: They're wearing practically the same clothes as when they fused in the Buu Saga, the only thing THAT different is Vegeta's Body Armour (Which is practically blown off) I think the Blue under Armour of his, plus Goku's old dogi is close enough to give Vegetto his Buu saga look.
Goku was, but not Vegeta. He wore a jump suit in the Buu Saga and the color was darker, not a light blue. And most of his armor is still intact.
Vegetto's Blue part is also lighter in Super though, I thought it was close enough I suppose if they weren't going to do a new one with the RoF outfits. I don't think anything in Super will be 100 percent accurate though :P

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:42 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
emperior wrote:So Goku getting sick in the Time Machine was also in the manga. People were complaining a lot about that.

It's all Toriyama's ideas. I really hope people will stop blaming it on Toei.
I find it hilarious people when so quick to pass the buck when it comes to stuff like Goku saying he's never kissed Chi Chi or Goku setting sick after travelling in Future Trunk's time machine, yet they are all Toriyama's ideas.

I'm calling it now: Vegetto will appear, Trunks will get a rage boost transformation and the Genki Dama sword will kill Merged Zamasu.
Impossible. There's nobody in the future to give him the Genki Dama sword. Vegetto is definitely appearing, but Trunks is finding another way to kill Zamasu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:50 pm

Xeztin wrote:
phattangent wrote:
Xeztin wrote: They're wearing practically the same clothes as when the fused in the Buu Saga, the only think THAT different is Vegeta's Body Armour (Which is practically blown off) I think the Blue under Armour of his, plus Goku's old dogi is close enough to give Vegetto his Buu saga look.
I think Toriyama either drew Vegetto in his old Buu saga outfit, so they just went with it or Vegetto was never supposed to be present in the first place. We might see Goku and Vegeta fuse into Gogeta in the manga instead. If he wasn't supposed to be present then Toei noticed this is the only practical time to bring him back and they jumped on it. Actually, I'm banking on Vegetto and "Super" Trunks being a Toei thing instead of a Toriyama thing.
If it indeed was a toie thing, was making vegetto have a time limit a good idea..
I support this was a toriyama original as new information regarding potara is revealed which will have major effects on future stories.. toie wouldn't risk that..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:08 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
emperior wrote:So Goku getting sick in the Time Machine was also in the manga. People were complaining a lot about that.

It's all Toriyama's ideas. I really hope people will stop blaming it on Toei.
I find it hilarious people when so quick to pass the buck when it comes to stuff like Goku saying he's never kissed Chi Chi or Goku setting sick after travelling in Future Trunk's time machine, yet they are all Toriyama's ideas.

I'm calling it now: Vegetto will appear, Trunks will get a rage boost transformation and the Genki Dama sword will kill Merged Zamasu.
Impossible. There's nobody in the future to give him the Genki Dama sword. Vegetto is definitely appearing, but Trunks is finding another way to kill Zamasu
So in the manga everyone in the future is already dead??
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:04 pm

emperior wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I find it hilarious people when so quick to pass the buck when it comes to stuff like Goku saying he's never kissed Chi Chi or Goku setting sick after travelling in Future Trunk's time machine, yet they are all Toriyama's ideas.

So in the manga everyone in the future is already dead??
Unless they change and reveal the resistance next chapter, the only ones alive so far are Trunks and Mai. In the anime, Trunks went to the resistance base and woke up Mai. Here there's no resistance, Mai is woken up exactly where Black left her, no resistance mentioned or shown

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:33 pm

I can't help but feel that Vegeta asking if Goku had the senzu was a jab at the anime.It's probably not, but still :lol:

Looks like Goku's time machine sickness is a thing in the manga too. Eh, not too big of a deal.

Goku saying "he says things like this now, progress eh" about Vegeta is great :clap:

I don't like how Trunks' speaks about Goku and Vegeta when he says " That makes you feel like the two can protect the world". I've always thought it was cliche when people say that kind of stuff about main characters and I prefer it in the anime where Trunks' tries to be the one who will save the world.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:20 pm

Gokû suggesting Beerus as Omni King's new friend is my favorite part of this chapter. :lol:
Also happy to get clarification on Gokû's motion sickness.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:32 pm

Herms wrote:Alright, here's my translation. This time around I left the honorifics in:
[spoiler]DBS Ch.18: Goku Black’s True Identity

Page 36
Kibito: “A little while ago, a sage named ‘Zuno’ contacted the Kaioshin Realm…”
Bulma: “Huh? Zuno-sama?”
Kibito: “It seems that Zamasu from Universe 10 came to ask about the Super Dragon Balls…”
Beerus: “Zamasu? Who’s he?”
Kaioshin: “A Kaio from Universe 10. He’s supposed to be serving as apprentice to the Kaioshin there.”
Whis: “A Kaio from another universe? Most peculiar.”
Beerus: “How would he know about the Super Dragon Balls?”
Whis: “He might’ve seen footage of the tournament.”
Beerus: “Now that you mention it, they did upload it to GodTube…”

Page 37
Kaioshin: “Go on, Kibito.”
Kibito: “Well, it seems that for some reason Zamasu was asking about Son Goku-san…”
Goku: “But I’ve never met the guy!”
Kibito: “It also seems he asked if it was possible to use those Dragon Balls…to switch the bodies of a god and mortal…”
Everyone: “What?!!!”

Page 38
Kibito: “I suppose we should investigate him further?”
Trunks: “I don’t believe it…He switched bodies with Goku-san…and became Black…!?”
Whis: “Then we can safely assume that Goku Black is actually this Kaio, ‘Zamasu’.”[/spoiler]
All this dialogue... So underwhelming, everybody just hitted the bull's eye in one shot. Why not have Zamasu killing Zuno for the sake of not having any witnesses? :|
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:44 pm

I was re-reading a couple of the previous chapters and something stuck out to me in 16. Black, while investigating the spot where Future Trunks disappeared from, says he's going to go check on something. It looks like he's gonna actually, y'know, see what Trunks did and go after him but then Black does nothing at all except kill more humans and drink tea as far as we know.

Does anyone else think Toyotaro might've been going in one direction then had to shift gears so the anime didn't leave him even more in the dust?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I was re-reading a couple of the previous chapters and something stuck out to me in 16. Black, while investigating the spot where Future Trunks disappeared from, says he's going to go check on something. It looks like he's gonna actually, y'know, see what Trunks did and go after him but then Black does nothing at all except kill more humans and drink tea as far as we know.

Does anyone else think Toyotaro might've been going in one direction then had to shift gears so the anime didn't leave him even more in the dust?
I think he says something like he will watch around in case Trunks come back. In fact, moments early he says that Saiyans are stubborn.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)