30th anniversary of the anime

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bagginses
Banned

30th anniversary of the anime

Post by Bagginses » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:34 am

I figured this would be more appropriate to post in the ''website discussion'' sub-forum, but I think here it gets more views/attention.

So, a big book was written by VegettoEX and some of his buddies (from what I recall) for the manga (from the where the franchise birthed) 30th anniversary in 2014 -- an obviously important date.

However, it surprises me no one here mentions (at least that I have seen) that 2016 marks 30 years of the Dragon Ball ANIME, which is the source by which most people even got to know the franchise to begin with.

So nothing will be done by the site to celebrate that? With the year almost closing in, it's been a pressing question for me now.

Do you guys think it should be done, or is unnecessary?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: 30th anniversary of the anime

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:26 am

I think its kind of too late but it would be awesome if Mr Vegetto Ex and the crew did something special!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Bagginses
Banned

Re: 30th anniversary of the anime

Post by Bagginses » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:I think its kind of too late but it would be awesome if Mr Vegetto Ex and the crew did something special!
Yeah, I guess it would be kind of neat... :mrgreen: