Which galaxies are Namek and New Namek in?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Which galaxies are Namek and New Namek in?

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 18, 2007 4:03 pm

I know Namek isn't in the Northern Galaxy, but is it ever specified which one it is in? I'm guessing Eastern or Western but can't find evidence to back it up.

Same question for New Namek. From what I can find, that one can even be in any of the four galaxies.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Fri May 18, 2007 7:23 pm

Are we including movie8? Then again... Hmm.

In the Buu saga, Goku (in the dub at least) said that New Namek was too far from the Kaioshin world for him to reach using Shunkan'iido. . . is the dub playing tricks on me again, or is this the case? It doesn't tell much, but it strikes me as being... umm... useful when messing with travels to and fro.

Was the scene in the Cell saga where the Namekians noticed SSJ2Gohan's power in the manga? And then SSJ3 was detectable on the Kaioshin world, apparently making it strong enough to be felt throughout the universe, whereas if New Namek was in the SSJ2 field(I'm throwing in random terms now... -.-) but the rest of the universe wasn't, it lends me the impression that New Namek may be in the north galaxy... Meh, did Kaiosama say anything ... ur... useful when giving Goku directions to New Namek to get Dende? Although the manner in which Goku found the Namekian energies... Blargh. Yeah, I think it's in the north galaxy. ^^.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).