If Vegito had never defused in canon, how strong would he and Bra have been in 10 years after the Majin Buu Saga?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

If Vegito had never defused in canon, how strong would he and Bra have been in 10 years after the Majin Buu Saga?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:52 pm

1) Ignoring the insanity of Dragon Ball Super, if Super Vegito had never let down his Saiyan Shield while inside Super Buu and became the husband of both Bulma and Chi-Chi, how strong would he have gotten by the time of the end of Dragon Ball Z?

2) And if Bra had been born only months after Vegito had defeated Majin Buu, how strong would she have gotten by when she was 9?

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: If Vegito had never defused in canon, how strong would he and Bra have been in 10 years after the Majin Buu Saga?

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:57 pm

read dragon ball multiverse, lol

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If Vegito had never defused in canon, how strong would he and Bra have been in 10 years after the Majin Buu Saga?

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:01 pm

She'd probably average around Gohan's level if GT's any indicator, considering she seems to have no interest in fighting.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:36 pm

Honestly it might be a completely fanmade manga, but I consider Multiverse as the authority on this. Their portrayal of most characters is perfect.

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:47 pm

What's stopping Bra from being born under the same conditions that you propose? Vegeta could have convinced Goku to use the fusion dance instead, cut his bang short or wax it up to look like Vegeta the most, and bang Bulma. Then, to hide his shame, Vegeta agreed to dance even in bingo parties. His plan will only see its fruits when she gets older either way.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:59 pm

The manga-specific answer is that Vegetto with his standard schedule would probably would be negligibly stronger after all that time- maybe add 25% or so. Goku is still excited to fight a Pure Boo level opponent at the end of the manga, after all.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:02 pm

He gets murdered by Beerus and the Earth is destroyed. Bra is never born.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:43 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:He gets murdered by Beerus and the Earth is destroyed. Bra is never born.
Vegito would improve enough during the four years between the Majin Buu Saga and Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods to prevent himself and the Earth from being destroyed by your superior, "Lord" Frieza. 4 years of training will be more than enough for the fusion of Goku and Vegeta to rival the Instigator of Genocide in strength, and I seriously doubt that Vegito would let himself fall pray to Beerus' trump card, when he knows that unlike the "legendary" Majin Buu's numerous incarnations, the devastating God of Destruction is a true, genuine threat to him.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:08 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:.....
Well who's he going to train with? I had the excuse that I had never done any strength & fitness training a day of my life. I was like a normal person who's never exercised before that then take up serious training and gets fitter and stronger. Vegito dose not have the excuse under his belt, without a strong enough person or excruciating conditions beyond Goku and Vegeta's individual experiences to push himself he will not grow stronger or at most barely make any head way. Thats the price he would pay for power granted to him by a purminante fusion. Not only that Goku and especially Vegeta had improved since their battle with Buu when they face Beerus. If they had fused, that BoG Vegito would be significantly stronger then Buu saga Vegito, yet Goku was convinced that even then Vegito (the only cannon fusion that he has undergone) would not be enough to beat Beerus to the point he would try the untested, forgotten myth of Super Saiyan God over fusion.

Taking all that into account Buu saga Vegito could not grow strong enough to fight Beerus even with four years meaning the earth is doomed to destruction and I don't get resurrected!

Edit: What is Beerus's trump card? The fact that the difference in power between him and other strongest being in Universe 7 is so big it could be compared to normal human trying to fight myself? Or do you mean his destruction ability, a one shot kill all move Vegito has no way of defending against?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:14 am

Even after 4 years straight of training, SSJ3 Vegetto would be lucky to approach even 2% of Beerus' power.

RedShift
Beyond Newbie

Post by RedShift » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Besides the introduction of whatever "God Ki" is supposed to be, I don't think that Vegetto can really get that much more powerful than he was in the Fusion Arc. He had nearly a century of training under his belt between Goku & Vegeta. After adjusting to his new body and some additional training I think maybe a 30% improvement would have been his limit...I also see no reason why Vegetto couldn't pull off Kioken while transformed either, he's able to pull off enough ridiculous stuff that whatever the Kai's say is irrelevant.

Off topic musings... I don't see much changing with Beerus & Whis showing up. Super Saiyan 3 Vegetto would have been so freakishly powerful that I think Beerus & Whis would have taken him to train anyways. He wouldn't even come close to winning, but standard Super Saiyan Vegetto is several times more powerful than SS3 Goku was. He then attains SSBlue just like Vegeta did, Freeza gets stomped, he has a interesting fight against Hit, and then things get really dicey against Zamasu... He'd just have taken Vegetto's body instead of Goku's... At that point I think Beerus & Whis would have no choice but to get directly involved.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:05 am

Lord Frieza wrote: I had the excuse that I had never done any strength & fitness training a day of my life.
Neither had Vegetto.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:25 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote: I had the excuse that I had never done any strength & fitness training a day of my life.
Neither had Vegetto.
Er yes he has as h's base halfs have and his is the culminations of all their physical work along with their minds. Fusions are not a from scratch entity, they are the combination of their hosts physical bodies. If that was not the case he would not be able to fully control his power like Frieza at 100% as his body could not handle the unformilier strain.

Edit: And before Gotenks comes up, he is the product of two barely trained half-saiyan children, its only natural he would have a lot of room grow post fusion.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:49 pm

Stronger than kid!Gohan perhaps.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.