"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Rocketman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:22 pm

When his episode comes around, Gohan will be suddenly drawn with rounded eyes and civilian clothes.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:25 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Jaetinh wrote:
Yeah. I know we don't have the full image but Toriyama already ignored him in RoF, he'll probably do it again.

I LOVE that there are 10 Z-Warriors involved, I didn't expect this at all. However I just can't get hyped when Yamcha is getting replaced by Muten Roshi for the second time. I respect Muten Roshi, he's a great master and character.. but he retired back in Piccolo Jr saga. His three students are all much stronger than him. Yamcha might be the weakest Z-Warrior but he's still the 3rd strongest Earthling behind Tien and Krillin. Toriyama fucked me up real good in RoF, now it's even worse because there are 10 characters involved and Muten Roshi is replacing him again.

Of course I'll shut my mouth if Yamcha is indeed in that image, but for now I'm pretty disappointed.
Well the last episode had Bulma claim Yamcha was only good at baseball and 18 said Yamcha is no longer a martial artist.

I'm also not a fan of Roshi strength being retconned, Jaco shouldve been in his place.
Krillin came out of retirement. Besides, Toriyama is the one writing, he could easily put Yamcha back with the others if he wanted.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:26 pm

Doctor. wrote:What I expect to happen, both literally and metaphorically.

He already almost died to a baseball. This is totally plausible :lol:
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:27 pm

-About that promo art-

That promo art actually looks like those advertisements they do for DB Japanese events. Anyway...

- Finally, I mean FINALLY, Gohan got his muscles back. Don't know whatever that anorectic guy we got since ROF Movie was supposed to be, but I hope I won't see him again.
- C17 is back. It's not like I care about him but I don't mind.
- C18 MILF. Damn she looks great! :P Toriyama love for tracksuits keeps showing in Dragon Ball but unlike Goku and Gohan, C18 just kills it.
- After a successful filler episode and a spin-off set to be a success, will they keep trashing Yamcha and bring someone like Roshi again?! I hope there are some surprises next to Piccolo :roll:
- Krillin is bald again. Toei screwed up in giving him hair again. Toyotaro was smarter in keeping him bald until Toriyama say otherwise.
- I miss Goku and Vegeta ROF outfits. New series, new outfits. Follow the logic, Toei...

They are most likely only showing the ones that will enter on the tournament or whatever is about to happen.

As for the arc, If this is Zeno tournament I'm disappointed. It's still too soon for that. I feel like I will die waiting for the Planet Salad plotline to happen.
When I saw C18 in a tracksuit I just start thinking if this will be something like the Olympic Games, with different competitions for all characters to shine.

Bulma is nowhere to be seen, and there's no way they will leave the most famous female character out of a major arc. Maybe she's busy taking care of Bra. 8)

I'm disappointed that Hit filler arc will be a small one. Hit killing Goku in a way he can't get revived easily, and make Gohan and the rest go to Universe 6 look for him searching for answers, as we get more worldbuilding and prepare Gohan for this arc would be neat. Just like ROF and Champa arcs, another wasted opportunity of something that could be much more.
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Jaetinh
Regular

Post by Jaetinh » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:30 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: - I miss Goku and Vegeta ROF outfits. New series, new outfits. Follow the logic, Toei...

I agree. Those outfits were refreshing as hell. Such a shame.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:39 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

This has to happen, I don't care who does it or why but if it doesn't we fucking riot.
You and like ten other people will make sure to riot while the rest of us will enjoy what actually happens.
[spoiler]Gohan without the bang and with glasses getting hit by goku[/spoiler]
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Holy F****** shit, I need a breather :o

Tien with that fist crack, 17 is back, and GOHAN WITH HIS ULTIMATE SUIT!?! These guys look ready to bust some villains up. I've longed for when the minor characters would step up and it looks like Toriyama pulled through after all ( I'm hoping he wrote this arc )

Only thing I would wish for different is for Gohan to get his bang back, but I have a feeling he will get it when he transforms anyways, so no big deal.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:42 pm

kinisking wrote:[spoiler]Gohan without the bang and with glasses getting hit by goku[/spoiler]
Hey man, nothing brightens my day up quite like Gohan getting punked. Especially the tears of Gohan fanboys.

When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:45 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
kinisking wrote:[spoiler]Gohan without the bang and with glasses getting hit by goku[/spoiler]
Hey man, nothing brightens my day up quite like Gohan getting punked. Especially the tears of Gohan fanboys.

Today you only get tears of joy.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:46 pm

That is just...

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:48 pm

Ok, I'm hyped for the last announcement. Mostly for 17, but also for a badass looking Gohan return and, one of my favorites, Tenshinhan. 18 and Boo too, it was about time. I won't like if Yamcha is left out again, but there is still a chance, as the picture is incomplete. Including master Roshi instead of Yamcha doesn't make sense. As it's been pointed out, Yamcha is the third strongest human, he trained with Kami and Kaio. I'd include Chaoz too, he may not be very strong, but he is a good psychic and could help and he also trained in a x10 gravity environment with Kaio, he is probably the fourth strongest human.

So let's see if we can see the complete picture sometime soon. I can go without Chaoz, but Yamcha has to be there! Goten and Trunks too, please.
Last edited by Basako on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:51 pm

incarnati0n wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

This response is golden. :clap:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:53 pm

kinisking wrote:
incarnati0n wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Hey man, nothing brightens my day up quite like Gohan getting punked. Especially the tears of Gohan fanboys.

This response is golden. :clap:
We'll see how long those joyful tears last when Gohan gets punked again, which will happen, its his sole function as a character these days.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:54 pm

Please don't insult the god by comparing him to Mini-Yamcha, ningen.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:07 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: We'll see how long those joyful tears last when Gohan gets punked again, which will happen, its his sole function as a character these days.
Still treated better than Piccolo.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:09 pm

kinisking wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: We'll see how long those joyful tears last when Gohan gets punked again, which will happen, its his sole function as a character these days.
I don't know, Gohan's been getting propped up then punked a lot for a while now. I think his complete dismissal in the Boo arc outstrips even his later punking in Super and all of Piccolo's.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:09 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Please don't insult the god by comparing him to Mini-Yamcha, ningen.
I pray to the Blooper each and every day. Yamcha passed the torch to Zack Ryder over there. I am sick of these filthy Ningen's comparing the two.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:12 pm

Allright, now i want to see this happening :lol:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:16 pm

kinisking wrote:
How?

Piccolo actually had a fight in the tournament and taught Trunks the Mafuba.

Gohan did what? Nothing.

He doesn't even appear in the manga.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:16 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
kinisking wrote:
I don't know, Gohan's been getting propped up then punked a lot for a while now. I think his complete dismissal in the Boo arc outstrips even his later punking in Super and all of Piccolo's.
Eh, every time Piccolo's gotten propped up he loses. Has he even won a fight? All his power ups in Z amounted to nothing. Piccolo was only useful in the saiyan arc. Gohan's beat down in the boo arc actually did good for his character imo. He was persistent until the end, unlike the Cell arc (although that was an anomaly anyways).
How?

Piccolo actually had a fight in the tournament and taught Trunks the Mafuba.

Gohan did what? Nothing.

He doesn't even appear in the manga.
Gohan has achieved his dream and is good at what he enjoys doing. Piccolo on the other hand will never be the strongest even though he wants to.

Piccolo got brought in only to do what exactly? Brag about being tactical only to be tricked immediately afterwards?

Mafuba was totally useful.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm not going to pretend like Gohan's been treated amazingly, but he's definitely not the only one who's been mistreated.
Last edited by kinisking on Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.