Dragonball Z Sparking! Meteor

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Moonstone
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lord Moonstone » Tue May 22, 2007 4:44 pm

Holy crap! I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but on the official website, the background music is the theme 'Breakthrough', from the PAL and NTSC releases of Budokai Tenkaichi 2. That theme song was never introduced in the JP version, and was one of the original tracks made only for those releases.
Why would the official Japanese website have it as their theme? Does this mean that they'll get the tracks the PAL NTSC version did, and vice-versa?

It's quite surprising to me.
俺のこの手が真っ赤に燃えるぅ!! 勝利を食せと轟き叫ぶ!

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Lord Moonstone wrote:Holy crap! I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but on the official website, the background music is the theme 'Breakthrough', from the PAL and NTSC releases of Budokai Tenkaichi 2. That theme song was never introduced in the JP version, and was one of the original tracks made only for those releases.
Why would the official Japanese website have it as their theme? Does this mean that they'll get the tracks the PAL NTSC version did, and vice-versa?

Or it could mean they've decided to just use the PAL/American music for the next game and not the music from the TV show. And if they did that I would 100% blame Atari because it's possible Atari might tell them not to use the BGM from the show so that fans in America and Europe won't complain to them that they're not getting it(I hope people know what I mean. I sort of confused even myself). I don't really know if Atari has that kind of power or would try something like that but I just don't like Atari anymore.
Last edited by Strongbad456 on Tue May 22, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue May 22, 2007 6:50 pm

Wha?

Surely you guys know that NTSC refers to Japan too, right? PAL might be a good way of grouping Europe and Australia together in this case, but using NTSC for North America is definitely not.

Or if you are using NTSC to mean both North America and Japan, then I'm really confused.

Strongbad456
Beyond Newbie

Post by Strongbad456 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:31 pm

Sorry. By NTSC I did mean America. I wasn't really thinking it refered to Japan also because, well, the regions are different. I'll edit my post to clear things up.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Tue May 22, 2007 10:14 pm

Just wake me up when new chars are revealed T_T

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue May 22, 2007 11:55 pm

That's assuming that the stages have real-time changes. What they said was,

"...the environments have also been enhanced to feature day and night stages. The power of the moon in the night stages gives players additional ways to transform their characters..."

That might mean that you can only pick a day version or a night version, and that time doesn't progress while you're actually fighting. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
True. I instantly thought of a day/night system but it could just be your choice. Ala Hyper Dimension's day/dusk/night settings for every stage and the day/dusk/night stages in SB3. But if that's the case the Oozaru transformations will be pretty limited then... even more so than if it was a day/night cycle.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Wed May 23, 2007 12:07 am

Lord Moonstone wrote:Holy crap! I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but on the official website, the background music is the theme 'Breakthrough', from the PAL and NTSC releases of Budokai Tenkaichi 2. That theme song was never introduced in the JP version, and was one of the original tracks made only for those releases.

It's not that surprising, if you've seen the Sparking! NEO JPN trailer, they do indeed us the BGM for the US releases. As far as the original JPN version of the game, I'm pretty sure they'll stick to the original BGM for the show.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

Smooth Criminal
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smooth Criminal » Wed May 23, 2007 1:00 am

So, like, what's new this time around? Oh, I see they have Nail.... And King Vegeta . . .

New gameplay, maybe? No? I'm getting pretty sick of mashing L2 + Triange x infinity.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Wed May 23, 2007 5:10 am

I'll be happy with the Wii PAL/Japanese bonus characters, plus Dr. Wheelo and, maybe, Bio-Broly to finish off our movie villains. Everyone after that will be nice icing on the cake, though I would enjoy teenage Goten and Trunks (from the 28th Budokai. The ones who dance together for no reason).

I realize it'd be damn near impossible, but I like the earlier ideas of Dr. Raichi, Hatchyack, and Ozotto.

It'll be fun to have Pilaf > all.
Trunks & Goten forever

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Wed May 23, 2007 6:42 am

I like the Ozotto and Dr Raichi/Hatchyack idea, it seems a good way to introduce the stories tha tused to be unavailable to the current times. You could have mini-sagas and you have to fight Ozotto or Dr Raichi at the end of it.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Wed May 23, 2007 7:27 am

Just to clear up the region codes:

NTSC/J - Japan
NTSC U/C - North America
NTSC/C - China
PAL - Europe and Oceania

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:25 am

gohanku wrote:I like the Ozotto and Dr Raichi/Hatchyack idea, it seems a good way to introduce the stories tha tused to be unavailable to the current times. You could have mini-sagas and you have to fight Ozotto or Dr Raichi at the end of it.
Just as long as Ozotto isn't as massively difficult as he was in his arcade game. It took me literally about 30 tries per character (half a lifebar gone from one combo! he can chip your shielding!) and for Vegeta I had to win through timeout.

Also: make the giant characters less godly and not immune to so many attacks. If I want Videl to be able to do one of those "triangle kick combos" against Hildegarn or an Oozaru, then by damn I should be allowed to do so.
Trunks & Goten forever

Orochi_Rockman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Orochi_Rockman » Wed May 23, 2007 9:46 am

Wow. Just noticed this one.

Geez *looks at calendar* Is it that time of year already?

Well it's safe bet that if I don't get King Piccolo this time around I'll have to go on a murderous rampage.

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed May 23, 2007 9:48 am

Orochi_Rockman wrote:Wow. Just noticed this one.

Geez *looks at calendar* Is it that time of year already?

Well it's safe bet that if I don't get King Piccolo this time around I'll have to go on a murderous rampage.
He was on the Japanese Wii version of the last one, so I'd say it's safe to assume.

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Wed May 23, 2007 10:24 am

Oh my gosh. Now there's gonna be a number 3, i haven't even finished number 2 yet. But that's good news. More dbz video games to play. :wink:
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Wed May 23, 2007 11:33 am

I'm glad a 3rd Sparking game is being made. I'm hoping for more minor characters like people who entered the tournements and the henchmen. Of course I'm still waiting for GT Kid Goku.

As for What Ifs well heres my list:

Freeza
Coolers stage. I just want to see how Freeza would look in that form.

Nappa and Raditz
Super Saiyan. I've been wanting this for ages.

Majin Buu
Vegetto Buu. I want to see what he'd be like if the absorbtion succeded.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed May 23, 2007 11:40 am

More characters are one thing but what would be good is if they changed some of the gameplay options. I want the 100 character Ultimate Battle back for BT1. I want more Blast1&2 attacks per character. Maybe more Ultimate Blast. Fusions that don't require you to be teamed with the other half of the fused character. A way to raise your Blast 1 gauge without waiting for it to raise itself. Higher max stats. When I found out that the leveling stopped at 160, I was very disapointed. Battles with giant characters that were close to scale as it was in the show (althought this probably won't be addressed till the series shows up on the PS3 and 360).

And for crying out loud give me a higher difficulty setting, a reason to go thru story mode more than twice, faster attacks, and more cutscenes and voice acting. I was able to use a normal Hercule to defeat SS4 Gogeta in Ultimate Battle. B3 had me go thru it mutiple time to access different story branches and scenarios. And is it me or do some Blast1 attacks take a very long time from with you input the commands and when the menuver acts (solar flare, instant transmittion and a couple of others).
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Wed May 23, 2007 1:36 pm

I guess if people are going to list what characters they want, I may as well too. Here I goes:

First, all extras from the Wii version of NEO, then from:

Dragon Ball:
Kid Krillin
DB Yamcha (could be an alternate costume)
General Blue
Assistant Black w/mecha
Android #8 (not necessary but would be cool nonetheless!)
Cyborg Tao Pai Pai

Dragon Ball Z:
End of Z/GT Blue Gi Goku (alternate costume)
Super Buu (Piccolo Absorbed)
DBZ Uub

Dragon Ball GT:
Kid Goku
GT Trunks
GT Goten
Ledgic
Remaining "Evil Dragons"

Movies:
Dr. Wheelo
Sludgy Broly

That would make me happy I guess.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed May 23, 2007 1:52 pm

Slickmasterfunk wrote:I guess if people are going to list what characters they want, I may as well too. Here I goes:

First, all extras from the Wii version of NEO, then from:

Dragon Ball:
Kid Krillin
DB Yamcha (could be an alternate costume)
General Blue
Assistant Black w/mecha
Android #8 (not necessary but would be cool nonetheless!)
Cyborg Tao Pai Pai

Dragon Ball Z:
End of Z/GT Blue Gi Goku (alternate costume)
Super Buu (Piccolo Absorbed)
DBZ Uub

Dragon Ball GT:
Kid Goku
GT Trunks
GT Goten
Ledgic
Remaining "Evil Dragons"

Movies:
Dr. Wheelo
Sludgy Broly

That would make me happy I guess.
You forgot Rild!! That HAS to be the villian in gt with most interesting possibilites for special attacks and transoformations!

kerplunk

Post by kerplunk » Wed May 23, 2007 3:00 pm

Thanos6 wrote:I'll be happy with the Wii PAL/Japanese bonus characters, plus Dr. Wheelo and, maybe, Bio-Broly to finish off our movie villains. Everyone after that will be nice icing on the cake, though I would enjoy teenage Goten and Trunks (from the 28th Budokai. The ones who dance together for no reason).

I realize it'd be damn near impossible, but I like the earlier ideas of Dr. Raichi, Hatchyack, and Ozotto.

It'll be fun to have Pilaf > all.
who is ozotto