Dragonball Z Sparking! Meteor

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Wed May 23, 2007 3:09 pm

Last boss from the arcade game DBZ VR VS.
Trunks & Goten forever

kerplunk

Post by kerplunk » Wed May 23, 2007 3:45 pm

was ozotto created by toriyama

Majin Boo

Post by Majin Boo » Wed May 23, 2007 3:57 pm

Slickmasterfunk wrote:I guess if people are going to list what characters they want, I may as well too. Here I goes:

First, all extras from the Wii version of NEO, then from:

Dragon Ball:
Kid Krillin
DB Yamcha (could be an alternate costume)
General Blue
Assistant Black w/mecha
Android #8 (not necessary but would be cool nonetheless!)
Cyborg Tao Pai Pai

Dragon Ball Z:
End of Z/GT Blue Gi Goku (alternate costume)
Super Buu (Piccolo Absorbed)
DBZ Uub

Dragon Ball GT:
Kid Goku
GT Trunks
GT Goten
Ledgic
Remaining "Evil Dragons"

Movies:
Dr. Wheelo
Sludgy Broly

That would make me happy I guess.
Cyborg Tao Paipai is in the Japanese/PAL Wii versions of NEO. Oh, and your lack of Chichi and Bra makes me sad. ;_;

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 23, 2007 5:38 pm

Let's all remember to type properly, please. You know the deal... full sentences, capitalization, punctuation, etc. are all expected. Thank you!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm

sangofe wrote:You forgot Rild!! That HAS to be the villian in gt with most interesting possibilites for special attacks and transoformations!
Oh yeah! Add him to the list!
Majin Boo wrote:Cyborg Tao Paipai is in the Japanese/PAL Wii versions of NEO. Oh, and your lack of Chichi and Bra makes me sad. ;_;
He is? Oh, then never mind! Personally I don't care if Chichi or Bra are in there. If they popped up great, but I wouldn't cry if they weren't.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu May 24, 2007 12:35 am

Ozotto looks bad ass. <3 Though he's an annoying pain in battle. For the curious. Ozotto 1, Ozotto 2, and Ozotto 3. Looks a bit like a cross between Cold, Piccolo, Tien, and Semi-Perfect Cell. XD
He is? Oh, then never mind! Personally I don't care if Chichi or Bra are in there. If they popped up great, but I wouldn't cry if they weren't.
Chi-Chi is a MUST, damnit! Chi-Chi and Seripa both! Bra doesn't really fight, at least Chi-Chi was in a Budokai. Kid Chi-Chi would be awesome fun too, as would Kid Krillin. Man, I hope they release more screens with new stuff soon, I want to know who's new!
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Majin Boo

Post by Majin Boo » Thu May 24, 2007 1:11 am

My response to Bra's non-inclusion being due to not really fighting is to point at Tapion. :)

Jord
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jord » Thu May 24, 2007 3:53 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Jord wrote:If you keep whining about games coming out just don't buy them.
I'm entitled to complain and still make purchases of said release. My main reason of complaining is I'm just tired of Atari and Bandai forcing more DBZ games onto the Ps2 when it's literally had more than its fill. But even so, I'd like for at least my Ps2 collection to be complete, so it's more a matter of me being forced to get this upcoming game. I'd like to not buy it, but then my collection would be incomplete. Thank you first amendment for my right to bitch about it, regardless.
They really don't force you to buy anything. They give you the option of buying a game. If you feel forced to buy a new game just for the sake of completing a collection maybe you should visit a doctor.
Jord doesn't have a avatar because the combination of Jord and a equally cool avatar would cause the universe to implode.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu May 24, 2007 4:06 am

Jord wrote:They really don't force you to buy anything. They give you the option of buying a game. If you feel forced to buy a new game just for the sake of completing a collection maybe you should visit a doctor.
I'd visit a doctor if I actually wasn't looking forward to this at all and/or petitioned Atari not to release it. Come on, I'm not that compulsive. >_>
14 years later

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Thu May 24, 2007 9:35 am

Come on guys, don't go flame war here. Didn't someone already explain the kind of fan Conan is? Anyway who want to guess who will get released next? Bio-Broli? Pilaf? (Wait, Pilaf already..) Maybe... Namu? Or Chi-Chi? (If that happens the fanboy whose name starts with "R" and ends with "y" will be happy...) and maybe the Teen Goku?
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Mr.Piccolo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Thu May 24, 2007 10:27 am

They just don't know when to stop, huh? Instead of adding more characters, they should just fix the clunky "fighting" system or just re-do Legends and throw "Budokai Tenkaichi" somewhere... :P
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu May 24, 2007 12:27 pm

What's this 'teen Goku' that people are mentioning? I'm just curious how he would be different from any existing Goku versions.

Here are the main characters I'd like to see.

DragonBall
-Chi Chi (kid; uses that laser and blade on her helmet, and the Bansho Fan)
-Launch (blonde; uses guns and has a sneezing "attack" that will confuse enemies)
-Yamcha (desert bandit; uses a sword, panzerfaust, and Puar)
-General Blue
-Murasaki
-Assistant Black

DragonBall Z
-All of Bardock's team

DragonBall GT
-Ledgic
-Rildo
-All of the Evil Dragons
-...Uh...this guy. :|
http://www.myfavoritegames.com/detail.a ... f12-21.jpg

I'm not a particular fan of GT, but I just think they should round the cast out better with more GT (and DragonBall) characters, instead of a bunch more Z characters. I think the GT villains' attacks would offer a little more variety too, since they're fairly different from the Z characters.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu May 24, 2007 12:56 pm

Leotaku wrote:What's this 'teen Goku' that people are mentioning? I'm just curious how he would be different from any existing Goku versions.
The 18 year old version of Goku whom fought King Chappa, Chichi, Tien, and Piccolo at the 23rd Budokai (battling Raditz at the start of DBZ can also be counted). I'd also be curious in seeing this version of Goku, as I'm a big fan of those 23rd Budokai episodes and the filler wedding arc. "Teen Goku" is actually very different in fighting style than that of his future DBZ counterpart beyond Raditz (shooting a Kamehame-Ha with his feet, anyone?). The moves I'd love to see Goku of this era have:

"Charged energy attack": Shock-wave (the move he used to defeat Chichi)
"Blast 1 - Variation 1": Taiyôken
"Blast 1 - Variation 2": Full Power-Up
"Blast 2 - Variation 1": Super Kamehame-Ha
"Blast 2 - Variation 2": Rush attack (modeled in the exact same way as when he attacked Piccolo after the Budokai stadium was destroyed)
"Ultimate Blast": Charge of Victory - details: Goku runs toward his opponent head-on, only to dissapear/teleport; the opponent looks behind him/her to see Goku flying from the heavens to deliver his finishing headbutt attack.
Xyex wrote:at least Chi-Chi was in a Budokai.
I don't think she was. Up till now, she's only been in Super DBZ.
Last edited by Conan the SSJ on Fri May 25, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
14 years later

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Thu May 24, 2007 2:04 pm

Since he was referencing people who actually fight, I think he meant that Chi-Chi was at least in a Tournament. Yeah, the mentioning of the word Budokai threw me off as well.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu May 24, 2007 2:19 pm

kvon wrote:
Since he was referencing people who actually fight, I think he meant that Chi-Chi was at least in a Tournament. Yeah, the mentioning of the word Budokai threw me off as well.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I've used Budokai in place of 'world martial arts tournament' since I learned the word... geez, 2000? 1999? Somewhere in there. It's shorter and faster to type. >>
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Thu May 24, 2007 7:25 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Leotaku wrote:What's this 'teen Goku' that people are mentioning? I'm just curious how he would be different from any existing Goku versions.
The 18 year old version of Goku whom fought King Chappa, Chichi, Tenshinhan, and Piccolo at the 23rd Budokai. I'd also be curious in seeing this version of Goku, as I'm a big fan of those 23rd Budokai episodes and the filler wedding arc. "Teen Goku" is actually very different in fighting style than that of his future DBZ counterpart (shooting a Kamehame-Ha with his feet, anyone?).
I see. I figured that that was what people were referring to, but I didn't know how he would actually differ from the adult Goku (especially since he looks pretty much the same). So I was still confused.

Daizensushi-x
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daizensushi-x » Thu May 24, 2007 8:37 pm

Again, at the risk of sounding a tad annoying, what is with the general lack of interest of including Afterworld Tournament characters? Olibu anyone? :?
-My First short film
Revenge at the Dojo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCK5q8Bcof8

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 24, 2007 8:47 pm

What are the chances of us getting stuck with another 3-D opening VS a shiny new animated one ala Budokais 2 and 3?

I really enjoyed the 2-D animated openings and I miss them.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu May 24, 2007 8:50 pm

Chuquita wrote:What are the chances of us getting stuck with another 3-D opening VS a shiny new animated one ala Budokais 2 and 3?
I think all of us are praying for new animation, but will probably be stuck with the weird 3-D monstrousities that are the Sparking! openings. I would love a new animation (and song! :D)

Kantico

Post by Kantico » Thu May 24, 2007 9:56 pm

I hope :oops: :

DB:

- Gyran.
- Nam.
- Mutaito
- Purple Ninja (?).
- Young Roshi.

DBZ:

- The "final boss" of the DBZ Gaiden (?).
- Ogres of the inferno (?).
- Mr. Popo.
- Kami sama.
- 4 arms Ten.

DBGT:

- Mega Cannon Sigma/Rilld.
- Loud.
- Dr. Mu.
- Goku + shenlong & dballs power (?)
- Rejjik

NEW:

- Broly Ozaru/Gold Ozaru/SSJ4.