Non-thread-worthy discussions

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Non-thread-worthy discussions

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:14 am

incarnati0n wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Apologies to you and Jinzoningen MULE if I offended you guys at all.
It's fine, I wasn't offended, I'm just sick of this cancerous internet nitpicking me to death. Some days I just want to permanently unplug, but meh. Enough of that, cause I have another, crazier observation!

Gohan's bang is gone in the promo picture. I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, but I just noticed it and I don't know what to think.
In the opening he gets the bang after powering up, so they probably are going to make mystic a form and use that change so we can distinguish.
Is there a new opening? I skipped it this ep, so thanks for that.

Edit: Nevermind, you were talking about the part that was already care. I put no stock in that, since it was made before this tournament was even a twinkle in Toriyama's eye.
Retired.

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:16 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Rocketman seems to posts once a week
Not being disrespectful to him/her (Rocketman), but wasn't this member banned a long time ago? Kanzenshuu revokes bans? Wow.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:20 am

"Temporarily Banned" was the actual status. Those are eventually lifted... maybe.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:01 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Rule #8: The Admin is a Lady

Please note that the admin is a lady that be thinking everything is offensive and we dont let ppl defend themselves before jumping to give “warnings”. This is north korea mixed with tumblr, not a db forum, so stop frontin’.
Yes! I've been meaning to ask if someone had this. Now I don't have to. :lol: Good times.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Bagginses
Banned

Post by Bagginses » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:48 am

Nejishiki wrote:"Temporarily Banned" was the actual status. Those are eventually lifted... maybe.
Really? I could have sworn it said ''Banned''. Too bad we can't check back. Time to go to the Wayback Machine for possibly useful information... oh no, wait, that's too much of a hassle to go through. :P

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Bagginses wrote:
Nejishiki wrote:"Temporarily Banned" was the actual status. Those are eventually lifted... maybe.
Really? I could have sworn it said ''Banned''. Too bad we can't check back. Time to go to the Wayback Machine for possibly useful information... oh no, wait, that's too much of a hassle to go through. :P
It did. For like 3 months.
I think I had my "Temporarily Banned" title like 12 days after.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:42 pm

Anyone else kinda hoping they reveal Universe 6 Supreme Kai's name? He's the only unnamed one currently.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:Anyone else kinda hoping they reveal Universe 6 Supreme Kai's name? He's the only unnamed one currently.
Only for the sake of having one. I dislike his design, so I wouldn't really care either way. Also, the rest of Universe 7's Kaiōshin lack names as well; only East was deemed with one, Shin.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:41 pm

Goku and Vegeta had either two or three fights in the manga: in the Saiyan arc, in the Buu arc, and, if you count the time Ginyu stole Goku's body, in the Namek arc. Vegeta won all of them.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:51 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Goku and Vegeta had either two or three fights in the manga: in the Saiyan arc, in the Buu arc, and, if you count the time Ginyu stole Goku's body, in the Namek arc. Vegeta won all of them.
I don't know man, I definitely wouldn't consider the boo arc one a win. The fight was over. Both "agreed" to work together against boo. Vegeta knocking out goku wasn't really a fight unless you consider vegeta knocking out goten and trunks a fight too.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:52 pm

kinisking wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Goku and Vegeta had either two or three fights in the manga: in the Saiyan arc, in the Buu arc, and, if you count the time Ginyu stole Goku's body, in the Namek arc. Vegeta won all of them.
I don't know man, I definitely wouldn't consider the boo arc one a win. The fight was over. Both "agreed" to work together against boo. Vegeta knocking out goku wasn't really a fight unless you consider vegeta knocking out goten and trunks a fight too.
Of course I do. Winning a fight through a dirty trick is still winning.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:06 am

I'd consider it a win for Vegeta too.

Amazing that Goku even fell for that trick considering he knows what Vegeta is like.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:08 am

Kid Buu wrote:I'd consider it a win for Vegeta too.

Amazing that Goku even fell for that trick considering he knows what Vegeta is like.
"Hey, look over there!" ---> "BOINK" is an unbeatable strategy that can only be used by a Fighting Genius (TM).
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:11 am

Well, I guess Goku has a victory if you count beating Bebi-Vegeta in GT.

Truly Goku's Time.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:47 pm

I hate how the younger generation in DragonBall are treated nowadays.The older generation keeps treating them like fighting is too dangerous for them which is just bizarre to me when you consider kid Goku and Gohan.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:03 pm

kinisking wrote:I hate how the younger generation in DragonBall are treated nowadays.The older generation keeps treating them like fighting is too dangerous for them which is just bizarre to me when you consider kid Goku and Gohan.
Who's doing this? No one here has any problems with fighting. I find it them to be the more boring parts of the show, but that's it. I don't think what you're saying actually happens.
Retired.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:20 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
kinisking wrote:I hate how the younger generation in DragonBall are treated nowadays.The older generation keeps treating them like fighting is too dangerous for them which is just bizarre to me when you consider kid Goku and Gohan.
Who's doing this? No one here has any problems with fighting. I find it them to be the more boring parts of the show, but that's it. I don't think what you're saying actually happens.
I think you misunderstood. The older characters keep acting like fighting is too dangerous for Goten, kid trunks, and pan yet they were all fine when kid Goku or kid Gohan fought. That's what I'm saying.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:29 pm

kinisking wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
I think you misunderstood. The older characters keep acting like fighting is too dangerous for Goten, kid trunks, and pan yet they were all fine when kid Goku or kid Gohan fought. That's what I'm saying.
Derp, I totally misread. Although I don't think the problem you mentioned is a thing, either.
Retired.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:01 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
kinisking wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Who's doing this? No one here has any problems with fighting. I find it them to be the more boring parts of the show, but that's it. I don't think what you're saying actually happens.
Derp, I totally misread. Although I don't think the problem you mentioned is a thing, either.
In the boo arc, not so much. In Super and GT, yes! How many times did they restrict pan? She had to sneak on the ship while 5 year old Gohan went to Namek. In the ROF arc gohan wouldn't let Goten and Trunks help him even though they should be around the same level. In the Future trunks arc, they wouldn't let Goten and Trunks help either. Then they'res this instance where they tried to stop Goten from coming in the last episode.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:14 pm

Goku was 12 when we first meet him, Gohan was forced into fighting and he was also battle tested by the time he traveled to Namek. Pan's upbringing was very different. It was more sheltered. I can't speak to the others.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.