Villains that never met Goku

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Khin
I Live Here

Re: Villains that never met Goku

Post by Khin » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:39 am

Kanassa wrote:He's met Super 17, who is 17.
Sorry if i wasn't very clear. I was referring to the manga only.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:41 pm

Khin wrote:Goku never met Android #17.
apex_pretador wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Tagoma and Shisami too.
He met tagoma as ginyu tagoma.
He made that comment in May 2015, before Super's 1st episode even aired.
Oh, my bad I didn't see that.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:51 pm

apex_pretador wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Tagoma and Shisami too.
He met tagoma as ginyu tagoma.
It does not really count since that was Ginyu in his body. Goku never met Tagoma. With the upcoming arc soon, Goku is going to met #17. I guess we can remove him off the list. The list so far:

Appule
Bio Broli
Chilled (He was around before Goku was born. No surprise there)
Cui
Dodoria
The Four Monarchs from the Garlic Jr saga
Guldo (Manga only)
King Cold (Manga only)
Raspberry
Saibamen
Shisami
Tagoma
Zarbon
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:38 am

I found it interesting that Zarbon knew of Goku's existence, although that's how well informed Freeza and his henchmen are.

Chaozu was once a villain and he never spoke to Goku in the whole Manga, LOL.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Rubens wrote:I might be wrong, but I think Cell in his imperfect form didn't meet Goku either - if that even counts.
If you want to count villain forms, Goku never meet Cell's first form, Freeza's second & third form (He was surprise by Frost's third form) and Grey Buu.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:37 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:So which villains never met Goku in the anime, manga and movies? So far I can list down:

#17 (Not counting Super 17)
Bio Broli
Bojack and his gang
Cui
Dodoria
Guldo (Manga only)
King Cold (Manga only)
Saibamen
Zarbon

Any others?
How could you forget Lord Appule?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:44 pm

Future Trunks is still Trunks too. Just them from a different timeline. Bu your logic, Fat Buu and Super Buu arent both Majin Buu
Just because one Goku meets one person does not mean that all Gokus met that person for the very reason that they are two guys nonetheless. And with "Goku" the thread maker obviously meant our Goku. Also, yes, there are several different Boos who are not consciousness-wise and therefore entity-wise the same "guy". Like Fat Boo and Kid Boo.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"