"Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Bang Zoom Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:15 pm

LexVO wrote:
SupaFumeiJin wrote:
LexVO wrote:I thought I might get some insight from being a part of this kanzenshuu community, but I think I'm gonna bail.
To many villagers with torches and pitchforks around here... beginning to feel a bit like Frankenstein's Monster. Much different than I imagined. :(
So you expect blind praise after throwing a temper tantrum on a random forum? Lex, aren't you a grown ass man? Because you're proving otherwise.
No blind praise, grasshopper. Like I said...
I really think I'm in the minority when I say that I like Lex's Goku. He has time to grow in the role. I cannot wait to see how Lex handles Goku's fight with Beerus. I'm not just saying this to kiss ass I really am being serious.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

SupaFumeiJin

Post by SupaFumeiJin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:18 pm

sangofe wrote:And SuperFumeiJin, aren't you ashamed of posting a message like this to someone?
No, I'm not ashamed, I have no opinion on Lex's Goku voice because I don't watch Super dubbed but it amazes me how completely unprofessional and childish he is acting over everyone's opinion.
"That's not wrong gentlemen 'mondo cool' is a very accurate description for what is being shown to you at this exact moment"

Marty Kirra
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Marty Kirra » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:20 pm

LexVO wrote:No blind praise, grasshopper. Like I said...
Having not read through the thread too much, I can say that when it comes to dub discussion, the Kanzenshuu community is usually a little harsher than normal. Personally, I'm excited to see new takes on characters and am always open to new interpretations and all that. I can't advise to stay around and get ingrained in forum drama but this is kind of par the course for dub discussions unfortunately.

Best of luck on the dub and everything!

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:22 pm

LexVO wrote:
ProjectAlpha22 wrote:If we are all just posting our notes, I'll throw mine out.
DB Super Bang Zoom 1
Notes: This script, it's not very good.
Narrator- Sounds like Trunks trying to do a Kyle Hebert impression. Not a fan.
First Impression of Goku- His voice, it's too low. Also, he held back on those yells. I'll come back to him when the episode ends, but for now I'm not a fan unfortunately
Goten- HOLY SHIT SO CUTE FUCKING PERFECT.
Beerus- Sounds more like a Champa to me, and I'm liking it less and less the more I hear it.
Whis- That's similar to the Japanese voice, so I like it a lot.
Hercule- Rager, eat your fucking heart out, this is amazing.
Buu- I actually think I like this more than the Funimation, he sounds more childish.
Gohan : I totally dig it, but I admit I have one hell of a bias, cause I love Kyle Hebert as a person and as Gohan. It's good enough as a replacement, but it isn't as distinct.
Trunks: That is definitely Ryuko, Erica Mendez has a distinct voice, and it shows. It's a good casting choice though, I like it.
Videl: Yes. Just, yes. It's a good fit, and sounds more like Videl than most dubs out there.
Bulma: Wendee Lee knocked it out of the park.
Old dude with Dentures: I know it isn't but that sounds like Sean Schemmel and that made me laugh.
Snake- The true MVP of this dub.
Trunks Again- Satisfying Punching noises and grunts.
Goku Final- Lex takes me out of the immersion, I'll give it another episode, but I dunno. Also, if you wanna talk about Super-Hero Goku, this script makes him that. "Love-Ya Both" is not something Goku would say.
Chi-Chi: It works.
Master Roshi- I'm not sure what it is about it, but I hate it.

Final Conclusion: Perhaps with time and experience this dub could be good, but with the Funimation dub rolling along with it time is something it doesn't have. Regardless of Super's over-acting problem in Funi's Dub, we know that once that cast settles back in to the groove we will almost definitely see this dub end.
do you live in southeast Asia or India?
No, but I fail to see how my location affects my ability to enjoy good content. Mr. Lang, it isn't that you aren't a tremendous actor, and if IMDB is correct about you, you were fantastic as Kenshiro in the English Dub (which when I was younger got me into anime, actually). This isn't a case of bad acting for me, I just feel for me at the current moment your Goku isn't the right fit. As I said above, "I'll give it another episode, but I dunno". It's nothing personal, and I look forward to hearing your other works in the future.
-Insert Something Creative-

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi. So, for those who don't know, I'm the guy that pays the bills around here (well, one of the four).

A lot of the comments I'm seeing lately in this thread are... let's say "inappropriate," if not in fact against the forum rules entirely. Everyone (and I mean everyone) agreed to a certain set of community guidelines prior to registration. Twice, actually. If you're genuinely interested in having a conversation back and forth with your peers, please do yourself a favor and give them a quick review.

In a nutshell, we ask that you be an awesome person. No-one here knows everything there is to know about Dragon Ball. You're here to converse with people. You're here to learn new things. You're here to do those things while being polite, understanding, and open-minded. You don't have to like or agree with someone else's opinions, but you sure as heck have to acknowledge that they're entitled to them.

If you're not actually here to have a genuine conversation while living up to those expectations, maybe keep your thoughts to yourself.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:51 pm

I have no words. I respected this man, but after this, no way. I'm not going to sugarcoat my opinions for anyone
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

NitroEX
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by NitroEX » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:01 pm

LexVO wrote:I thought I might get some insight from being a part of this kanzenshuu community, but I think I'm gonna bail.
To many villagers with torches and pitchforks around here... beginning to feel a bit like Frankenstein's Monster. Much different than I imagined. :(
Sites that are geared more towards voice acting such as BTVA are probably better suited to what you're looking for. Those communities tend to be comprised of people who are generally less bias and are enthusiasts of voice acting first and foremost. You'll probably be treated better in communities like that.

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:06 pm

NitroEX wrote:
Sites that are geared more towards voice acting such as BTVA are probably better suited to what you're looking for. Those communities tend to be comprised of people who are generally less bias and are enthusiasts of voice acting first and foremost. You'll probably be treated better in communities like that.
^As a member of BTVA and Kaizenshuu, I can't help but agree.

I truly hope that we haven't ruined the fun of playing Goku for you, Mr.Lang, once again I want to say you are a terrific actor, and while we may critique your style and voice, it's only because as fans we really care about the franchise we are so attached to. If you do stick around, we would love to have you, but I can totally see why would also want to leave. Have a pleasant day, and good luck with the rest of your voice career!

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Bang Zoom Dragon Ball Super Dub

Post by bleed0range » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:23 pm

LexVO wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
NitroEX wrote:
To say your work is "awful"... yes, that is a hater. Or at least an example of no "tact". There are more constructive/compassionate ways to express your dissatisfaction with the show/performances. Good luck!
Hey Lex,

Please don't bail on the community. As someone who is good friends with a big rock band (Grammy nominated this year), I know first hand that any hardcore fan community is going to have its criticisms about their work.

Maybe it's because you're new to it? But I have seen them weather MUCH worse from their own fans. You have to kind of realize that not everyone is going to like your work no matter what you do. But plenty of people will too. Take their criticisms seriously and maturely, even if they don't present them that way and have an honest look at your work and take what you think is the best action.

But I wouldn't take it personally. Because like I said, tons of people here and on Reddit and other places will have their criticisms and they won't always be nice. I didn't even know you were on this forum so if I had posted I probably wouldn't have realized you'd even read it.

There is something to gain from staying in this community and forum even if some people here never like your portrayal of Goku. Just try to do what satisfies you as an artist.

My personal opinion is, the voice does seem a little too low and normal and should have some more playfulness to it. The action sounds of Goku training, the sounds of him going "hoo!" Or "haaa!!" Seem a little flat and could have more energy behind them. I think it's great you don't watch the Funi dub and try to copy Sean, but I think it would be a great idea to watch the original Japanese version and take great Care with understanding that portrayal as much as possible. Goku Black in Japanese is stellar and when you get to that point I think it would be great to be prepared. It's a very nuanced performance and I would caution to not just make him a generic "evil Goku." Anyway, I think you're doing great for a start. Just learn all you can about the original version and the community to hone your performance of one of the best characters in all of anime. Please do stick around!!

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:50 pm

Mr. Lang, from the initial clip online I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get behind your portrayal of Goku, but after seeing a full episode I think you have a lot of potential as the character. It's nothing like either Masako Nozawa or Sean Schemmel (who I must admit is the definitive portrayal of Goku in English at this point) but I'm looking forward to hearing more of it. I appreciate that you have avoided Mr. Schemmel's work and think it's a good idea to maintain your own take on Goku.

I'm curious, have you considered checking out the original manga? It's a bit long at 42 volumes, but it's all available from Viz Media (in both print and digital) and may help give more context for the character and his history. Plus as a printed medium there's no other actor to influence your portrayal.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:37 pm

What are we all SERIOUSLY expecting from this dub? We complain Lex sounds too different, but we also complain Kaiji sounds too close to Sabat. Like seriously guys? I feel sorry for all of you working on this dub Mr. Lang. Between personal attacks from some Funimation voice actors, to personal attacks from the fan base, all cause you actors are simply trying to do your job and adapt.

These Bang Zoom actors don't have the 10+ years experience with these characters that Funimation's actors have. May I also remind you that 95% of us should have never seen this dub, we are not this dubs intended audience. This dub was made for people who cannot view the Funimation dub. Bang Zoom are trying their hardest with this by actually putting some budget into a dub that I doubt is gonna be that profitable due to it's limited exposure. The actors are trying their hardest. Kaiji Tang has been taking people's criticism of his Vegeta and explaining how he intends to voice the characters. Some of these actors in Bang Zoom grew up with the Funimation actors version of these characters. Now they're having to voice these characters and of course they're gonna try to impersonate their idols.
LexVO wrote:Hey guys... bottom line is, you have no idea what we are up against with this dub. We have been told to make it our own. We have had limited exposure to this series, and for me specifically, I have stayed away from watching the other dubs, as to not be influenced by their performances, (good or bad). We understand you have attachments to the characters as you have seen them over time, but as I said, we are doing the best we can, taking our cues from the director as far as acting beats and performance nuances. My previous abrasive post was to make a point that people are quick to throw out broad statements like "you suck" "it's awful" "terrible performances" etc. Maybe something like, "Been watching your dub, see if you can capture more of the playfulness of Goku, or Warrior, or whatever... I know you are new to this part, so if we can help as superfans, here are some ideas..." Or hang in there man, off to a slow start, but you got this!..."

I suppose most of you are between 15-25 years old on these posts, so I don't expect much evolved thinking from this thread, but as human beings, perhaps there is a shred of compassion in you that you can show along the way. I'm happy to be doing this part, and I'm always striving to make it a performance that entertains and stays true to the characters. Sorry if the pitch or performances are not what you have been used to with the Funimation and other actors of the past. We will continue to strive to make it a great show. But like I said in another post, if you live outside of southeast Asia, just watch the Funimation version and you will be delighted! In Asia they love this dub so far! Anyway, peace to you all, and have a great day!
You captured it perfectly Mr. Lang. I have seen people on twitter give those good criticism to Kaiji Tang, it's a shame the Kanzenshuu community can't be as compassionate. People also have to realize, most of the faults for the tone of voice, script ALL go to the ADR Director, not the actor guys. Lex is responsible for his line's delivery, which I think has been outstanding at capturing a nice mix between childish Goku and fighter Goku with a tinge of a family man Goku.

I prefer your dub at Bang Zoom to the Funimation at this point Mr. Lang. As a fan of the original Japanese it feels new and fresh and I have no prior expectations, so I find it easier to enjoy. I for one am sorry how your time at Kansenshuu trying to engage with fans of the show you're working on, something 95% of voice actors would never bother doing, was wasted. Good luck with the rest of your time as Goku and I hope you have fun making the character your own.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:44 pm

sangofe wrote:
SupaFumeiJin wrote:
So you expect blind praise after throwing a temper tantrum on a random forum? Lex, aren't you a grown ass man? Because you're proving otherwise.
LexVO, please stay on the forums. I think it's awesome to have you around. And SuperFumeiJin, aren't you ashamed of posting a message like this to someone?

Anyway, LexVO, I'm not a voice actor, but I just think the voice itself isn't fitting for Goku. Like one of my voice acting friends put it: "His acting is fine but the voice itself isn't exactly "my Goku". This is a quote I have to agree with.

And as far as your Vegeta - are you sure he hasn't listened to Chris Sabat? Because it really sounds like it.
Kaiji Tang grew up with Sabat as Vegeta. So between Sabat bagging the Bang Zoom dub on twitter and all the hatred that dub is getting, Kaiji is probably feeling a little dejected. I gotta praise the guy though. He has been accepting complaints on his twitter about being too similar and has outlined how he wants to take Vegeta in the future. It's obvious both Lex and Kaiji really care about the characters their voicing for them both to talk to the community and see what they can do. While Kaiji's criticism is stuff he can changer about this delivery, most of Lex's criticism's are stuff dictated by the ADR directors, so I'm sure he feels a little helpless and frustrated.

Also I find it funny that when some users here criticized the Funimation dub on it's forum, other users were quick to complain about how the dub "Wasn't for them" or "They're still adjusting back into their roles". Yet here were he have THE VOICE ACTOR FOR GOKU, the discussion is much more disgraceful and criticism is harsher when the same excuses can be made. This dub wasn't made for some of us and these actors are still adjusting into their roles.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:49 pm

I think everyone has to remember that as actors, the actors are trying to add their own mark to these characters while trying to stay true to the character. I love the fact that we have different actors portraying Goku because it adds variety and makes it interesting to compare the various voices. I love that Masako doesn't sound like Sean or Sean doesn't sound like Lex and so on. It's just interesting to have different takes on these characters. It wouldn't be fun if Batman was played by the same person for three decades, right? Same applies here. I also find it interesting the Bang Zoom Vegeta is taking some cues from Sabat (if that's true). There's a saying that goes something like: Great artists steal or borrow (something like that). Good luck, Lex. Please don't let the criticism get to you (and everyone else voicing the Bang Zoom version) and continue to add your own unique voice to Goku. It also must be an honor to voice the main character of the most popular anime worldwide (I HAVE NO IDEA IF YOU'LL SEE THIS COMMENT, BUT WHATEVER).

Also, let's remember that at one point - Everyone hated Funimation's voice actors. Yeah.

LexVO

Post by LexVO » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:01 pm

mecha3000 wrote:I think everyone has to remember that as actors, the actors are trying to add their own mark to these characters while trying to stay true to the character. I love the fact that we have different actors portraying Goku because it adds variety and makes it interesting to compare the various voices. I love that Masako doesn't sound like Sean or Sean doesn't sound like Lex and so on. It's just interesting to have different takes on these characters. It wouldn't be fun if Batman was played by the same person for three decades, right? Same applies here. I also find it interesting the Bang Zoom Vegeta is taking some cues from Sabat (if that's true). There's a saying that goes something like: Great artists steal or borrow (something like that). Good luck, Lex. Please don't let the criticism get to you (and everyone else voicing the Bang Zoom version) and continue to add your own unique voice to Goku. It also must be an honor to voice the main character of the most popular anime worldwide (I HAVE NO IDEA IF YOU'LL SEE THIS COMMENT, BUT WHATEVER).

Also, let's remember that at one point - Everyone hated Funimation's voice actors. Yeah.
Thank you!

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Post by jelleline89 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Yeah, playing the victim card? Not buying it when you're quick to jump on considerably reasonable criticism. And saying someone has shitty posts doesn't help your cause here at all.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:14 pm

You know you guys are right, I mean we thought the Speedy video dub was bad but those actors just needed time to get into their roles I mean it wasn't THAT bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW05kibG3xU

...No but really, the problem isn't Lex's voice as that is subjective. The problem is how he acted to people who looked up to him and respected him as an actor such as myself. The man has been voice acting since the 90's, some alternate dub isn't going to be the end of his career
Last edited by VejituhTheWarriorGuy on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

ProjectAlpha22
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ProjectAlpha22 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:18 pm

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:What are we all SERIOUSLY expecting from this dub? We complain Lex sounds too different, but we also complain Kaiji sounds too close to Sabat. Like seriously guys? I feel sorry for all of you working on this dub Mr. Lang. Between personal attacks from some Funimation voice actors, to personal attacks from the fan base, all cause you actors are simply trying to do your job and adapt.

These Bang Zoom actors don't have the 10+ years experience with these characters that Funimation's actors have. May I also remind you that 95% of us should have never seen this dub, we are not this dubs intended audience. This dub was made for people who cannot view the Funimation dub. Bang Zoom are trying their hardest with this by actually putting some budget into a dub that I doubt is gonna be that profitable due to it's limited exposure. The actors are trying their hardest. Kaiji Tang has been taking people's criticism of his Vegeta and explaining how he intends to voice the characters. Some of these actors in Bang Zoom grew up with the Funimation actors version of these characters. Now they're having to voice these characters and of course they're gonna try to impersonate their idols.
LexVO wrote:Hey guys... bottom line is, you have no idea what we are up against with this dub. We have been told to make it our own. We have had limited exposure to this series, and for me specifically, I have stayed away from watching the other dubs, as to not be influenced by their performances, (good or bad). We understand you have attachments to the characters as you have seen them over time, but as I said, we are doing the best we can, taking our cues from the director as far as acting beats and performance nuances. My previous abrasive post was to make a point that people are quick to throw out broad statements like "you suck" "it's awful" "terrible performances" etc. Maybe something like, "Been watching your dub, see if you can capture more of the playfulness of Goku, or Warrior, or whatever... I know you are new to this part, so if we can help as superfans, here are some ideas..." Or hang in there man, off to a slow start, but you got this!..."

I suppose most of you are between 15-25 years old on these posts, so I don't expect much evolved thinking from this thread, but as human beings, perhaps there is a shred of compassion in you that you can show along the way. I'm happy to be doing this part, and I'm always striving to make it a performance that entertains and stays true to the characters. Sorry if the pitch or performances are not what you have been used to with the Funimation and other actors of the past. We will continue to strive to make it a great show. But like I said in another post, if you live outside of southeast Asia, just watch the Funimation version and you will be delighted! In Asia they love this dub so far! Anyway, peace to you all, and have a great day!
You captured it perfectly Mr. Lang. I have seen people on twitter give those good criticism to Kaiji Tang, it's a shame the Kanzenshuu community can't be as compassionate. People also have to realize, most of the faults for the tone of voice, script ALL go to the ADR Director, not the actor guys. Lex is responsible for his line's delivery, which I think has been outstanding at capturing a nice mix between childish Goku and fighter Goku with a tinge of a family man Goku.

I prefer your dub at Bang Zoom to the Funimation at this point Mr. Lang. As a fan of the original Japanese it feels new and fresh and I have no prior expectations, so I find it easier to enjoy. I for one am sorry how your time at Kansenshuu trying to engage with fans of the show you're working on, something 95% of voice actors would never bother doing, was wasted. Good luck with the rest of your time as Goku and I hope you have fun making the character your own.
So, before I begin here, I would like to say that I am not trying to directly single out or criticize anyone here.
I respect all of you as people as well as fellow Dragon Ball fans, and hope you will in turn hear me out. With that in mind, let me address a few of your statements.

"May I also remind you that 95% of us should have never seen this dub, we are not this dubs intended audience."

- I would like to say first, that this is a completely true statement. This dub was made for Toonami Asia, and nothing else. That being said, why does that mean we cannot critique or enjoy this equally? Many people prefer the Japanese voice of Masako Nozawa or the Ocean Dub, and many of us are not the intended audience. Geography does not exclude something from criticism.

"Kaiji Tang has been taking people's criticism of his Vegeta and explaining how he intends to voice the characters."

- Once again, a very true statement. The difference between the way that Lex Lang (while justified) and Kaiji Tang have taken criticism however, is quite different. Kaiji has been nothing but humble in regards to his role. While Lex has broadly generalized in statements such as '"I suppose most of you are between 15-25 years old on these posts, so I don't expect much evolved thinking from this thread, but as human beings, perhaps there is a shred of compassion in you that you can show along the way.", Kaiji has said "I actually welcome critique of my work because it helps me get better as a performer. You can't grind levels without challenges. <3" and "Current work in progress for my own notes. Growl is too forced. More natural next time. Do smoother reads overall.". There is an unarguable difference in the way criticism has been handled. I can also bet you Kaiji has either read these forums or gotten shit-talking messages through social media, but rather than revolt has been nothing but understanding.

"These Bang Zoom actors don't have the 10+ years experience with these characters that Funimation's actors have. "

- Partially true, but here is the thing: Lex Lang himself has 23 years. He started in 1994. Also, we have a few other veterans like Wendee Lee. There are newcomers, however, that much is true.

I would like to continue in a civil manner, and if anyone has any objections to my statements, please help me see your point of view.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:20 pm

LexVO wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:I think everyone has to remember that as actors, the actors are trying to add their own mark to these characters while trying to stay true to the character. I love the fact that we have different actors portraying Goku because it adds variety and makes it interesting to compare the various voices. I love that Masako doesn't sound like Sean or Sean doesn't sound like Lex and so on. It's just interesting to have different takes on these characters. It wouldn't be fun if Batman was played by the same person for three decades, right? Same applies here. I also find it interesting the Bang Zoom Vegeta is taking some cues from Sabat (if that's true). There's a saying that goes something like: Great artists steal or borrow (something like that). Good luck, Lex. Please don't let the criticism get to you (and everyone else voicing the Bang Zoom version) and continue to add your own unique voice to Goku. It also must be an honor to voice the main character of the most popular anime worldwide (I HAVE NO IDEA IF YOU'LL SEE THIS COMMENT, BUT WHATEVER).

Thank you!
No problem, man. And like NintendoBlaze pointed out, it's nice to have you on the forums because that shows you're interested in the fandom (I've never even seen an official voice actor like Sean do this. Not hating on Sean, just being honest). I just listened to your voice on the episode previews and sneak peaks and although that's not much to go by - I like your interpretation. Like I said, it's your own unique take on the character and although it's different from the more high-pitched Sean and Masako versions: I like how it sounds more manly, but also maintaining a sense of "This seems like a pretty chill dude who gets along with people".

Also, I like how at the end of Episode 3's preview: You said - "Make sure to tune in, yeah?" That's the chill part I was talking about. If I'm ever able to catch this dub somehow alongside the Funimation version, I'll definitely check more of it out. I mean, I'm the kind of person who wouldn't even mind checking out a French dub.

Edit: Honestly though, I haven't really been keeping up with all this voice actor drama or the thread conversation, just wanted to point that out. Still, ignoring all of that - I'm just trying to enjoy the series regardless of which dub.

SaiyamanMS
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyamanMS » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:35 pm

mecha3000 wrote:No problem, man. And like NintendoBlaze pointed out, it's nice to have you on the forums because that shows you're interested in the fandom (I've never even seen an official voice actor like Sean do this. Not hating on Sean, just being honest).
Sean Schemmel actually was a member here several years ago for a brief period, until an abrasive member of the forum kept arguing with him and chased him off. (The member in question has since been banned.) Let's not repeat history by chasing Lex Lang off too, okay?

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:39 pm

SaiyamanMS wrote:
mecha3000 wrote:No problem, man. And like NintendoBlaze pointed out, it's nice to have you on the forums because that shows you're interested in the fandom (I've never even seen an official voice actor like Sean do this. Not hating on Sean, just being honest).
Sean Schemmel actually was a member here several years ago for a brief period, until an abrasive member of the forum kept arguing with him and chased him off. (The member in question has since been banned.) Let's not repeat history by chasing Lex Lang off too, okay?
Oh, interesting. What year was this? Just curious. Also, yeah - I agree with your last sentence.