God of Destruction Goku

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

God of Destruction Goku

Post by mabalia » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:24 pm

If in one of the other eleven universes, a God of Destruction was killed (by one of the participants of the tournament or by Zeno or by a demon, don’t matter) and his job was offered to Goku. Just imagine that in this universe there are more strong fighters and races that rivalizes Goku in strenght. Would Goku accept the job? Would he leave everything behind that exist in universe 7 for the challenge this job could give to him?

Just consider the possibility that in super following the Zamasu arc we’re watching the new alternate timeline. The timeline that exist in the end of the original manga is the same one that had Goku and his family killed, Just that they were revived later by the dragon balls (I get the impression that after obtaining Goku’s body, Black went to FTrunks’s timeline because he was still adapting to this body and Vegeta of that timeline could easily kill him). So anything that happens in this arc in super doesn’t necessarily have a relation to the end of the original manga.

I imagine that by accepting the job his lifespan would extend to thousands of years (because it makes sense or Whis wouldn't offer Beerus's job to someone that couldn't live as long as his predecessor). And by living in other universe he couldn’t visit his family and friends constantly, they’d die first before he has noticed and by some years, centuries they’d have to be reencarnated. I know that Goku (and especially his super counterpart) doesn’t think deeply and he’s changed in a way that lives don’t have the same meaning they had to him in the past. Maybe he would have issues with the first planets he destroys, but he could get used to it IF it’s a way to keep fighting strong guys.

OBSERVATION: Being a God of Destruction doesn’t necessarily turn someone evil. It helps to keep the balance of the universe.
Anyway what do you think? Would Goku really accept the job?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: God of Destruction Goku

Post by omaro34 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:34 pm

I don't see it happening. Goku just isn't fond of jobs that have a prestigious title, and he doesn't mind a simple life outside of fighting. Remember Kami offered Goku the position of "Guardian of Earth", back in Dragonball, and he refused.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:46 pm

omaro34 wrote:I don't see it happening. Goku just isn't fond of jobs that have a prestigious title, and he doesn't mind a simple life outside of fighting. Remember Kami offered Goku the position of "Guardian of Earth", back in Dragonball, and he refused.

But with Kami he refused his offer because he tought it was boring (and he knows because he lived there for three years) and the position of God of Destruction could provide the excitment he apreciates the most, a good fight against strong warriors, fighting for their lives with all their power, without holding back. He wouldn't want the position for the prestigious title, sure.

But personally I'd like that he refused the offer.
Last edited by mabalia on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:49 pm

Goku said several times that he doesn't want to be a God of Destruction.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:59 pm

HeroR wrote:Goku said several times that he doesn't want to be a God of Destruction.
In universe 7 where most of the strongest fighters besides Beerus and Whis live on Earth, he refused. If he's impressed by the fighters of this supposed universe and is told there are more like them there, he could feel tempted to accept.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:03 pm

He doesn't need to, he's about to indirectly cause Zeno tier levels of mass destruction.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:He doesn't need to, he's about to indirectly cause Zeno tier levels of mass destruction.
He's indirectly a God of Destruction by the potential loss of life his urge to fight can cause. We're talking trillions of lives. But I've been tough on Goku long enough.

Those Zenos are sadistic and after seeing them play that game with those planets being flicked away I honestly think they are sociopaths.

They remind me of that horror movie character "Chucky" from the film "Child's Play" which came out back in the late 80's and early 90's or somewhere in that frame. Well, I think it was a series than just 1 movie. So innocent on the outside but deadly on the inside.

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:11 pm

omaro34 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:He doesn't need to, he's about to indirectly cause Zeno tier levels of mass destruction.
He's indirectly a God of Destruction by the potential loss of life his urge to fight can cause. We're talking trillions of lives. But I've been tough on Goku long enough.

Those Zenos are sadistic and after seeing them play that game with those planets being flicked away I honestly think they are sociopaths.

They remind me of that horror movie "Chucky" from back in the late 80's and early 90's looooool. Well, I think it was a series than just 1 movie. So innocent on the outside but deadly on the inside.
I honestly don't think Zeno is bad by his nature, I think he's just way too childish to wield that kind of power. If there was anyone strong enough to guide or the very least control him, I don't think he'd play "pop goes the planet" or casually annihilate a quarter of the multiverse.

Personally, Beerus is WAY worse simply because he's an actual intelligent adult who knows the true consequences of his profession and executes it regardless. Zeno is way more like Fat Boo where he's just a naughty kid who doesn't really know any better.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:18 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:

They remind me of that horror movie "Chucky" from back in the late 80's and early 90's looooool. Well, I think it was a series than just 1 movie. So innocent on the outside but deadly on the inside.
I honestly don't think Zeno is bad by his nature, I think he's just way too childish to wield that kind of power. If there was anyone strong enough to guide or the very least control him, I don't think he'd play "pop goes the planet" or casually annihilate a quarter of the multiverse.

Personally, Beerus is WAY worse simply because he's an actual intelligent adult who knows the true consequences of his profession and executes it regardless. Zeno is way more like Fat Boo where he's just a naughty kid who doesn't really know any better.
Yeah Zeno is really unstable and unpredictable. And yes the Fat Boo comparisons are fair, but it is Beerus' job to destroy right? Gods of Destruction's aren't necessarily evil, because they do help keep the balance of the universe present. But I do get what you mean, Beerus nearly committed genocide over a pudding cup.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:20 pm

mabalia wrote:
HeroR wrote:Goku said several times that he doesn't want to be a God of Destruction.
In universe 7 where most of the strongest fighters besides Beerus and Whis live on Earth, he refused. If he's impressed by the fighters of this supposed universe and is told there are more like them there, he could feel tempted to accept.
No. He doesn't want to be a God period. He just wants to get stronger as he told Whis.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:22 pm

HeroR wrote:
mabalia wrote:
No. He doesn't want to be a God period. He just wants to get stronger as he told Whis.
Okay. Thank you for your input. :thumbup:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:23 pm

omaro34 wrote:Yeah Zeno is really unstable and unpredictable. And yes the Fat Boo comparisons are fair, but it is Beerus' job to destroy right? Gods of Destruction's aren't necessarily evil, because they do help keep the balance of the universe present. But I do get what you mean, Beerus nearly committed genocide over a pudding cup.
It is their job but Beerus openly admitted he enjoys destroying planets, him blowing that one up in episode 2 apparently got his blood pumping again and he openly states he enjoys watching them burn. Old Kai also says over and over that he's a prickly fucker who destroys willy-nilly, implying the other G.O.D.s at least put some actual thought into how/why they destroy things while Beerus is more on the petty/vicious side.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:29 pm

Goku doesn't want to be the direct reason to end a life. He can end lives with his indirect influence, but he's not going to do it himself unless the person he's killing is a "really bad guy!"

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:10 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Yeah Zeno is really unstable and unpredictable. And yes the Fat Boo comparisons are fair, but it is Beerus' job to destroy right? Gods of Destruction's aren't necessarily evil, because they do help keep the balance of the universe present. But I do get what you mean, Beerus nearly committed genocide over a pudding cup.
It is their job but Beerus openly admitted he enjoys destroying planets, him blowing that one up in episode 2 apparently got his blood pumping again and he openly states he enjoys watching them burn. Old Kai also says over and over that he's a prickly fucker who destroys willy-nilly, implying the other G.O.D.s at least put some actual thought into how/why they destroy things while Beerus is more on the petty/vicious side.
You're right he can be extremely petty at times its downright pathetic, especially when he gets into spats with Champa. But I don't think he's a purily evil guy.

Let's not forget he used the wish he won when U7 won the tournament against U6 to bring back U6's Earth. That is his greatest good deed that we know of to date.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Doctor. wrote:Goku doesn't want to be the direct reason to end a life. He can end lives with his indirect influence, but he's not going to do it himself unless the person he's killing is a "really bad guy!"
The only thing is, he doesn't realize what he's indirectly causing, because if he did, he'd be just as bad as the guy doing the direct killing.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Doctor. wrote:Goku doesn't want to be the direct reason to end a life. He can end lives with his indirect influence, but he's not going to do it himself unless the person he's killing is a "really bad guy!"

It's that he's so addicted to fights (more now than before, and fans joke he needs intervention :crazy: ) that I wondered if he still thinks like this. He spends long training time with Beerus and Whis and he could be influenced to change his way of thinking little by little. But I want to agree with you.