Anyone pay attention to the ending song? (Angels, Demons, Gods, etc.)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Anyone pay attention to the ending song? (Angels, Demons, Gods, etc.)

Post by gohan_black » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:08 pm

the relatively new ending song is really interesting. and i don't to think it has no meaning. the lyrics are about masks of angels on the faces of demons. remember the makaio-shin toriyama talked about. he said that they are just like the Kai's only from the other side. demonic and evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS0gno1bEX4

and as the song end. ''they say the world is waiting for me'' with goku in the sky above everyone.

i think this tournament is just a facade to expose those makaio-shins.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: anyone pay attention to the ending song?

Post by Cipher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:12 pm

If we look at historical trends, the last ending song did reference a lot of Chinese food, and --

At the end of the arc, everyone was eating Chinese food!

I think you might be onto something.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:14 pm

No, the lyrics of endings are usually non-related to the main story. The Makaio-shin idea we can dismiss it completely, at least in this arc, mainly because it is not focused on the Kaio-shin. This piece of lore is that kind of things that are not explored in Dragon Ball (just like world building after the Red Ribbon arc) and less in Super.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

Post by gohan_black » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:19 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:No, the lyrics of endings are usually non-related to the main story. The Makaio-shin idea we can dismiss it completely, at least in this arc, mainly because it is not focused on the Kaio-shin. This piece of lore is that kind of things that are not explored in Dragon Ball (just like world building after the Red Ribbon arc) and less in Super.
i dont believe toriyama mentioned the makaio-shins for no reason

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:50 am

gohan_black wrote:i dont believe toriyama mentioned the makaio-shins for no reason
There may have been a plan for it back in 2005, but we're 12 years past that point and nothing has come of it. That's not to say it never will, but if we're this deep into the world of gods and other universes and there's still no peep, I think it's safe to say that's that.

Additionally, and this has already been stated in response to your other posts, but please review the community guidelines with regard to posting style.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::