Paraguayan Channel SNT covers the whole "Goku's hidden Poison"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Paraguayan Channel SNT covers the whole "Goku's hidden Poison"

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:41 am

http://www.snt.com.py/actualidad/24298

They mention the interview with Toriyama and they are surprisingly accurate this time.

...I bet 1 Million dollars this is because Telefuturo (Another Paraguayan Channel and major rival of SNT) will air Z again this year and they want to make people hate Dragon Ball.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Paraguayan Channel SNT covers the whole "Goku's hidden Poison"

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:18 am

These news are just for polemic and ironically they will just give more visibility to the show. People won't stop watching it because of that.

They did the same here some days ago, by the way: http://pt.ign.com/dragon-ball-1/39552/n ... e-um-heroi
It's a conspiracy. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:29 am

Goku not being a hero really hits like a ton of bricks for most people eh..

I don't think people will hate Dragonball for this though, can't predict what will happen but the viewership is sure to increase
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:31 am

Thanks for your interest Ki Breaker. I think nothing will stop people from loving Dragon Ball.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Goku not being a hero really hits like a ton of bricks for most people eh..

I don't think people will hate Dragonball for this though, can't predict what will happen but the viewership is sure to increase
It isn't that Goku is not a hero. It's that he isn't a 'righteous' hero. The common belief, especially in the US, is that Goku is basically Japanese Superman.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:49 am

HeroR wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Goku not being a hero really hits like a ton of bricks for most people eh..

It isn't that Goku is not a hero. It's that he isn't a 'righteous' hero. The common belief, especially in the US, is that Goku is basically Japanese Superman.
Essentially. He isn't a traditional hero. Just curious though, how do Japanese fans feel about Goku in Super currently? I'd imagine they're not all that bothered with it as fans in the US are.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:19 am

Did many intentional dubs do a Season 3 Funi with Gokû?
I would've thought people who like righteous protagonists would've gravitated to Gohan anyway.
I first saw Gokû in action mode and liked him, but only really got attached when he dropped back into cute yet kinda low energy mode.

Honestly that's the biggest difference between Z and Super Gokû to me. Super Gokû is more energetic/excitable where Z Gokû was calm and sweet. Super Gokû is like someone introduced him to the concept of caffeine and he really took off with it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:45 am

TheMathemagician wrote: Essentially. He isn't a traditional hero. Just curious though, how do Japanese fans feel about Goku in Super currently? I'd imagine they're not all that bothered with it as fans in the US are.
On the contrary, Goku is a very traditional hero. He is based off of the Monkey King who is seen as a classical, ideal hero to the eastern audience, despite being a mischievous, arrogant, little jerk at times. The same with the Classical Greek heroes. In fact, Goku is an heroic/Superman version of Sun Wukong. I think what you mean is that Goku isn't a traditional, modern/western ideal hero.

Japan just seems to love Goku regardless of how he's presented. Even in at his most heroic, Goku is still presented as an immature, blood knight. As I mentioned, these are the same people who worship Sun Wukong, and he was an absolute dick before he got character development. Even after he became a nicer, kinder person, he's still a very flawed hero.
Chuquita wrote:Did many intentional dubs do a Season 3 Funi with Gokû?
I would've thought people who like righteous protagonists would've gravitated to Gohan anyway.
I first saw Gokû in action mode and liked him, but only really got attached when he dropped back into cute yet kinda low energy mode.

Honestly that's the biggest difference between Z and Super Gokû to me. Super Gokû is more energetic/excitable where Z Gokû was calm and sweet. Super Gokû is like someone introduced him to the concept of caffeine and he really took off with it.
I think it's because Super Goku is what he would be like if he was calm and relaxed most of the time, along with having a bunch of extremely power people he can fight. Z Goku is what Goku is like when the house is always on fire and all the people he wants to fight are all irredeemable assholes.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:59 am

HeroR wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: Essentially. He isn't a traditional hero. Just curious though, how do Japanese fans feel about Goku in Super currently? I'd imagine they're not all that bothered with it as fans in the US are.
On the contrary, Goku is a very traditional hero. He is based off of the Monkey King who is seen as a classical, ideal hero to the eastern audience, despite being a mischievous, arrogant, little jerk at times. The same with the Classical Greek heroes. In fact, Goku is an heroic/Superman version of Sun Wukong. I think what you mean is that Goku isn't a traditional, modern/western ideal hero.

Japan just seems to love Goku regardless of how he's presented. Even in at his most heroic, Goku is still presented as an immature, blood knight. As I mentioned, these are the same people who worship Sun Wukong, and he was an absolute dick before he got character development. Even after he became a nicer, kinder person, he's still a very flawed hero.
Chuquita wrote:Did many intentional dubs do a Season 3 Funi with Gokû?

I think it's because Super Goku is what he would be like if he was calm and relaxed most of the time, along with having a bunch of extremely power people he can fight. Z Goku is what Goku is like when the house is always on fire and all the people he wants to fight are all irredeemable assholes.
Well yeah, I was more so speaking about traditional for the US. But yeah, I figured Japan didn't really have a problem with how Goku is acting since this is the Goku they're used to.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:27 pm

TheMathemagician wrote: Well yeah, I was more so speaking about traditional for the US. But yeah, I figured Japan didn't really have a problem with how Goku is acting since this is the Goku they're used to.
Aw, my bad. I thought you meant 'classical' as a general term.

Much like Superman, Goku does have a 'depend on the writer' situation. Goku's goofiness, seriousness, and heroics varies depending on who is writing him. It just isn't as drastic when Superman can come off as a completely different person depending on who writing him at the moment, although Batman has one of the worst cases of this. They have seen 'Hero Goku' like the Toei movies and some part of Z. They have seen 'Selfish, dick Goku' as seen with Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F', and part of Super, everything in-between. However, no matter the interpretation, they just seem to like Goku, because he is the basically the same character despite whatever part of his character is being exaggerated at that moment.

It does seems the US audience, can't speak for the rest of the world, is having a big recoil seeing Goku's selfishness so upfront. Before, you could kind of ignore it. Now, it's in your face.
Kanassa wrote:

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:26 pm

HeroR wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: Well yeah, I was more so speaking about traditional for the US. But yeah, I figured Japan didn't really have a problem with how Goku is acting since this is the Goku they're used to.
Aw, my bad. I thought you meant 'classical' as a general term.

Much like Superman, Goku does have a 'depend on the writer' situation. Goku's goofiness, seriousness, and heroics varies depending on who is writing him. It just isn't as drastic when Superman can come off as a completely different person depending on who writing him at the moment, although Batman has one of the worst cases of this. They have seen 'Hero Goku' like the Toei movies and some part of Z. They have seen 'Selfish, dick Goku' as seen with Battle of Gods, Resurrection 'F', and part of Super, everything in-between. However, no matter the interpretation, they just seem to like Goku, because he is the basically the same character despite whatever part of his character is being exaggerated at that moment.

It does seems the US audience, can't speak for the rest of the world, is having a big recoil seeing Goku's selfishness so upfront. Before, you could kind of ignore it. Now, it's in your face.
True. I guess something I don't really like about part of the US fanbase is the need to hate on Goku and make him look as bad as possible (regardless if the hate he's being given is justified or not). Like you're right, Japan just loves Goku cause he's been fundamentally the same despite the differences in how his character can be written by different writers. But it's like a portion of the fanbase over here goes out of their way to make him look as terrible as possible.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:51 pm

TheMathemagician wrote: True. I guess something I don't really like about part of the US fanbase is the need to hate on Goku and make him look as bad as possible (regardless if the hate he's being given is justified or not). Like you're right, Japan just loves Goku cause he's been fundamentally the same despite the differences in how his character can be written by different writers. But it's like a portion of the fanbase over here goes out of their way to make him look as terrible as possible.
The main character from any series usually take the most flake, especially if they're extremely popular. Either they're too good to be realistic and are boring, like Superman is often excused of, or they're selfish dicks that nobody like Goku right now or Batman. It's a need to tear down someone.
Kanassa wrote:

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:24 pm

You can tell the Japanese/Original side of the fan base is completely fine with this due to fact we have not heard a single word from them and here to two things to prove it.

DBS says Goku has never Kissed Chichi.

Japanese/Original side raises hell upon that and that entire episode.

DBS says that Goku will cause 11 universes to be destroyed!

Japanese/Original side says nothing about this what so ever.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:39 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:You can tell the Japanese/Original side of the fan base is completely fine with this due to fact we have not heard a single word from them and here to two things to prove it.

DBS says Goku has never Kissed Chichi.

Japanese/Original side raises hell upon that and that entire episode.

DBS says that Goku will cause 11 universes to be destroyed!

Japanese/Original side says nothing about this what so ever.
I just think they're fine with Goku since Super's Goku (even with how his character can be exaggerated), he is fundamentally the same as he's always been for Japan. But you're right, they're not all riled up like the US is over this.
HeroR wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: True. I guess something I don't really like about part of the US fanbase is the need to hate on Goku and make him look as bad as possible (regardless if the hate he's being given is justified or not). Like you're right, Japan just loves Goku cause he's been fundamentally the same despite the differences in how his character can be written by different writers. But it's like a portion of the fanbase over here goes out of their way to make him look as terrible as possible.
The main character from any series usually take the most flake, especially if they're extremely popular. Either they're too good to be realistic and are boring, like Superman is often excused of, or they're selfish dicks that nobody like Goku right now or Batman. It's a need to tear down someone.
This is true too, and I can't forgive that. That't as annoying as people defending his previous actions as if this what he did here in Super makes him a radically different character.