Kinto-Un in Dragon Ball Super

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Kinto-Un in Dragon Ball Super

Post by Ss5Troten » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:36 am

I'm a little confused, now they don't ever really go over whether the old owner of Kinto-Un can call it back as we never see Muten Roshi call it after it's given to Gokuu, at least if my memory serves me. Now in the episode where Gokuu and Kuririn face their past foes in phantom Gokuu summons Kinto-Un but as I also recall in the rewritten ending to the Z manga we see him gift it to Uub and this is regarded as current canon to the best of my knowledge. Anybody wanna take a crack at how Gokuu summoned the Kinto-Un?

Edit: I'm dumb. Lol. My bad :lol:
Last edited by Ss5Troten on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Saiya-jin 5 Toroten

A list of things I might need in my collection (contact me if you should want/need to let go of yours!):

Ajay

Re: Kinto-Un in Dragon Ball Super

Post by Ajay » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:43 am

I'm a little confused by the question.

Super takes place before the end of Z, so Goku just summons it as normal.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

UltimateGohan

Post by UltimateGohan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:49 am

Super takes place before eoz, kinto hasn't been given to uub as of yet, goku is stoll the owner

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:56 am

Oh that's right lol, what a dummy I feel like, I totally forgot about that in my in the moment confusedness.
Thanks fellas for replying so promptly before I dug myself a hole :lol:
I forgot that we're a little under 6 years away from EoZ!
Ajay wrote:I'm a little confused by the question.

Super takes place before the end of Z, so Goku just summons it as normal.

A list of things I might need in my collection (contact me if you should want/need to let go of yours!):

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:03 am

Well, Gohan "gives" the Kinto-un to Goten when he gets the Great Saiyaman outfit. I'm pretty sure anyone can call the cloud as long as they're related to the owner in some way.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:19 am

Ah good thought, even though my original question has been cleared up I'm still very curious as to who can actually summon the cloud still.
DBZ Macky wrote:Well, Gohan "gives" the Kinto-un to Goten when he gets the Great Saiyaman outfit. I'm pretty sure anyone can call the cloud as long as they're related to the owner in some way.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:58 am

Me personal theory is there are multiple kintu-uns instead of just the one. Two died and replaced later on. Karin did show us one large kintu-un and Goku took one small piece off so I take it as that huge one is the primary source and it sends random kintu-uns to their registered owners.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:50 am

I think anyone who owned it can call it. Just because Muten Roshi never calls for it again doesn't indicate anything. After all, what would Muten Roshi do with it? He can't ride it.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:23 pm

He hasn't even met Uub in DBS.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:49 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:Me personal theory is there are multiple kintu-uns instead of just the one. Two died and replaced later on. Karin did show us one large kintu-un and Goku took one small piece off so I take it as that huge one is the primary source and it sends random kintu-uns to their registered owners.
I totally forgot this happened lol, that's one of my favorite eras in Dragon Ball too! Remember the dark Kinto-Un?? Now I have to hit up a binge again :lol:
TheGreatness25 wrote:I think anyone who owned it can call it. Just because Muten Roshi never calls for it again doesn't indicate anything. After all, what would Muten Roshi do with it? He can't ride it.
Yeah, I suppose it would be fruitless anyway.
floofychan333 wrote:He hasn't even met Uub in DBS.
Yes, we're past that.

Ss5Troten
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ss5Troten » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:10 am

Ss5Troten wrote:Oh that's right lol, what a dummy I feel like, I totally forgot about that in my in the moment confusedness.
Thanks fellas for replying so promptly before I dug myself a hole :lol:
I forgot that we're a little under 6 years away from EoZ!
Sorry to double post but I just realized we're actually closer, Super has had what seems to be about 2 years and some change pass so we're more like under 4 years until EoZ.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:06 am

My theory on who can call the Kinto Un is basically: Goku has it. Goku is a pretty laid back guy. Ask him if you can borrow his cloud, and he'll let you. Kinto Un knows this, so if you're a friend of Goku's, it knows that Goku would be fine with you using it. Of course, very few can ride(Or even know about) Kinto Un, so only Goku, Gohan, and Goten really use it.

When Goku gives Kinto Un to Oob, it was a symbolic passing the torch gesture. Ignoring Super, Goku hadn't used it in years, so it was a cool thing to give Oob. But since everyone's still friends, I think Gohan, Goten, and Goku could still probably use it. Not that they'd be likely to, of course.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:22 pm

When did Goku give the Kinto-Un to Oob anyway? I know they rode on it together because Oob couldn't fly yet and that was his only real mode of transportation to keep up worth Goku, but I don't recall Goku giving it to him.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:37 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:When did Goku give the Kinto-Un to Oob anyway? I know they rode on it together because Oob couldn't fly yet and that was his only real mode of transportation to keep up worth Goku, but I don't recall Goku giving it to him.
Kanzenban ending.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:56 am

I hope to see the Nimbus and the Pole return in DBS some day, maybe being used for Pan or something.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.