How come the part where Zamasu kills everyone on Future Trunks timeline not restricted?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

keyz05
Beyond Newbie

How come the part where Zamasu kills everyone on Future Trunks timeline not restricted?

Post by keyz05 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:50 pm

We actually get to see kids and innocent people vaporized by Zamasu's attack in Super! Just to be curious, how come this didn't get any controversy or any censorship to Japanese parent's that show this to kids, anyway? Or give it an M-rating to TV ratings, instead?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: How come the part where Zamasu kills everyone on Future Trunks timeline not restricted?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Firstly: No, you don't see kids dying at all.

Secondly: Since when has death been a problem in anime?
Retired.

sintzu
Banned

Re: How come the part where Zamasu kills everyone on Future Trunks timeline not restricted?

Post by sintzu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:Firstly: No, you don't see kids dying at all.

Thirdly : Japanese people aren't sensitive snowflackes who get offended by everything.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

keyz05
Beyond Newbie

Post by keyz05 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:00 am

Death in anime all varies, I've seen some pretty grotesque ones before. But in Super's case, it's actually pretty disturbing to younger audiences to see kids and people vaporized off-screen. Just saying.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:40 am

I think you're vastly overestimating it. If children are traumatized over Dragon Ball Super of all things, they probably still have their soft spots.
Retired.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:25 am

sintzu wrote: Thirdly : Japanese people aren't sensitive snowflackes who get offended by everything.
That's the reason which makes their anime so good to watch..
Keep it up Japan, don't ever give into such bullshit
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Makaioshin
Advanced Regular

Post by Makaioshin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:20 am

It is not like the Zamasu arc is even the first time innocent people were killed in the series. Having him vaporize children or a still animation frame of Android 8 just standing there isn't even that violent compared to what happened in Kai.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:42 am

Freeza impaling Krillin and other violent moments in the series were far more gruesome than Zamasu killing everyone with his universal attack. Though the implications of that moment are arguably far darker and dreary.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: That's the reason which makes their anime so good to watch..
Keep it up Japan, don't ever give into such bullshit
There's no way they will. Japan are known for telling countries to jump off a bridge if they don't like how they do things so no one's going to change anything for anyone's "feelings".

As far as I know it's looked down apon in Japan for people to act like that so if they don't like something they just leave it be, they don't go after everyone involved with it like what's common in the west.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:15 pm

There are very gross generalizations being thrown around about cultures and nations that I'm fairly sure said commenters don't actually have any real familiarity with or expertise in. You may want to refrain from doing that in a real conversation.

Moving this over to the "Super" sub-section. Furthermore, I can't actually parse what the topic title of "How come the part where Zamasu kills everyone on Future Trunks timeline not restricted?" is supposed to mean.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:06 pm

sintzu wrote:

Thirdly : Japanese people aren't sensitive snowflackes who get offended by everything.
Oh really? Well, then i guess they're among my top new favorite people! (If they weren't already)

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:25 pm

I don't think it was intended to be dark, just a part of the plot. Like Omni-King wiping the universe, there was no explicit darkness but if you look further into it you can imply that it was very, very dark.