Gohan new transformation or mystic?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Gohan new transformation or mystic?

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:55 pm

TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote: Ascended Mystic (if it happens) will be pretty cool to see along with the lightning and maybe a double aura! :o :D :thumbup:

I bet all my money in Gohan having another exclusive form, like Rage Trunks in the Zamasu Black arc
Mystic is basically some sort of concept of God form by itself, further develop it could do wonders

You'll see, I'll win this bet
giving Gohan only a " normal " ssjb or Rage is too stupid and cheap to happen
I was thinking about this, and even though I do really like Gohan, it would be a bit hypocritical if he got a new transformation, especially considering the stick Future Trunks got for SS Rage, so for now Ultimate / Mystic at about SSG Goku level in B.O.G wouldn't be too bad. I mean he's already SS3+ tier in his Ultimate state so it's the only natural progression for me anyways :) . Here's to hoping for a good showing though! :lol:

I'm expecting something related to Gohan's calmness and meditation

God Forms originate from preventing Ki leaks, and Gohan is pretty calm and wise by default
Imho he unlocks a New form in that meditation scene with sparks and Piccolo on the background, something similar to that Krillin inner energy control power-up

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:57 pm

kinisking wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:
Saturnine wrote:
And I loved the times when people actually thought "Mystic" was what this form was actually called.

Oh wait
Lol I know, but I love " Mystic " name
Yeah, I know it's incorrect but I use it anyways because I like the sound of it.

Ultimate is cool as well, but Mystic is mystic haha

I really dislike SNS too

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:19 pm

I hope he doesn't get mystic back so soon..like someone else mentioned we need to see ssj2 in full action one last time before he achieves mystic again. It's what Gohan fans want to see to be honest.

I would like in order:

1st fight. Losing the majority of the fight in ssj form until the very end where he gets a little rage burst at ssj2. I want the blue lightning, hair and the whole shebang.

2nd fight he loses in ssj 2. He understands he must regain his ultimate form in order to save the universe. But no matter what he does he's no match for his opponent. Just before he's done for he has a typical Gohan rage moment. Mystic Gohan is back in all its glory. That's basically what I want to see.

Last fight he can obtain mystic god ..white hair and aura.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:59 pm

julianix wrote:I hope he doesn't get mystic back so soon..like someone else mentioned we need to see ssj2 in full action one last time before he achieves mystic again. It's what Gohan fans want to see to be honest.

I would like in order:

1st fight. Losing the majority of the fight in ssj form until the very end where he gets a little rage burst at ssj2. I want the blue lightning, hair and the whole shebang.

2nd fight he loses in ssj 2. He understands he must regain his ultimate form in order to save the universe. But no matter what he does he's no match for his opponent. Just before he's done for he has a typical Gohan rage moment. Mystic Gohan is back in all its glory. That's basically what I want to see.

Last fight he can obtain mystic god ..white hair and aura.
Redoing the whole rage boost at the last moment where he wins twice in a row would be a little too much. Gohan can do the ss2 thing this round and win. Then train to achieve ultimate again.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:01 pm

I feel like rage and Gohan aren't really a thing anymore. He mellowed out as he got older. Such as in the Buu saga, despite his anger and frustration he couldn't call upon his hidden potential when trying to stop Fat Buu when he was about to emerge. He had access SSJ2 already, too.

Though with every great power Gohan achieves, he ends up torturing his opponents. Such as Cell and Super Buu. Along with wanting to beat up Kibito when he became a SSJ2 at the tournament. Hopefully, whatever happens he ends his matches quickly.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:19 pm

I never thought I'd be so happy to see Gohan as Super Saiyan again. I just hope he also transforms into Super Saiyan 2 before he drops it and returns to the "Potential Unleashed" nonsense.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

szopman
Beyond Newbie

Post by szopman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:31 am

Grimlock wrote:By this poing, I don't doubt Super Saiyan 3 would be the best option for him, pretty sure Super Saiyan transformations are more useful than just unlocking his potential that has been reduced drastically. He should get Super Saiyan 3 and stick with it, as he is a "genious" since he was a kid, he shouldn't have problem in finding a way to counter most of Super Saiyan 3's problems.
I think that transforming into SSJ3 would be pointless. Mastering SSJ2 is far better idea, since you achieve the same lvl of power, without many SSJ3's disadvantages (as seen in Black Saga).
SSJ3 is now something like USSJ, nice upgrade to the SSJ2 lvl, but perfectly mastered SSJ2 is superior to SSJ3 (just as USSJ is stronger than normal SSJ1, but mastered SSJ1 is far stronger than USSJ).

Anyhow, I'd prefer Gohan to transforming into SSJ2, and then go again into his Mystic form :) Mystic Gohan rules ! :)
Byt still, I want to see SSJ Rage Gohan. I mean, Trunks have achieved it, and as we all know, Gohan is the one with the biggest hidden potential, so he shouldn't be worse than Trunks :)

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:37 am

kinisking wrote: Redoing the whole rage boost at the last moment where he wins twice in a row would be a little too much. Gohan can do the ss2 thing this round and win. Then train to achieve ultimate again.
That episode title with gohan going SS2 with some blood dripping from his forehead would be absolute fire..

Since he is fighting lavenda as SS I doubt if he rage powers up it would be anything other than SS2 anyway
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker