Dragonball Z Sparking! Meteor

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:09 am

Thanos6 wrote:Hmm, all the comments seem to think that's BT1.
So do I, if it really is sparking meteor, then, the game is pretty shitty.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:10 am

Anonymous Friend wrote:Another Video Goku vs Cell.
Ah, the nostalgia. I've had that video saved for about a year, maybe two.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:12 am

Thanos6 wrote:Hmm, all the comments seem to think that's BT1.
I can't really tell. The video looks really bad on my screen and I haven't play BT1 in like forever. If it is, I apologize for spreading a fake.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:46 pm

I'm pretty sure that's a beta Sparking video. I remember that HUD.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:24 pm

OFF TOPIC
As a reminder, I do have over 800 avatars (click the 'avys' link in sig) on my photobucket that are free to use (just save them to your own webspace first please!) to anyone that wants them. In the animated section you will also find the a GIF of Broly going LSSJ. Wink
OOOOOO Broli.

On topic, that is from the original beta for Sparking! The HUD can be seen on at least one of the pictures on the back of the American case.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:33 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:Another Video Goku vs Cell.
Yeah, if I'm not mistaken that video was actually one of the first videos released for the first Sparking.

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:49 pm

The "new" video is BT1. Not BT3. :roll:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:12 pm

The site has been updated. We FINALLY have art for Younger Gohan. I've been looking forward to that!

http://dbzs.jp/meteor/
PLAY B3YOND.

denitonis
Beyond Newbie

Post by denitonis » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:02 pm

Sasuke_Chidori wrote:The site has been updated. We FINALLY have art for Younger Gohan. I've been looking forward to that!

http://dbzs.jp/meteor/
And there seems to be an Oozaru above him, so can we assume that Gohan is able to transform in Oozaru form this time?
7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Quoting one is plagiarism.
Quoting many is research.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:16 pm

Sasuke_Chidori wrote:The site has been updated. We FINALLY have art for Younger Gohan. I've been looking forward to that!
Hmm, I'm a bit divided on how I should feel about this new design for him. On the one hand, he actually looks very well designed and all in comparison to the previous games, but on the other...should Gohan's skin tone be that tanned? He's almost on par to GT Chibi Goku. >_>;;
14 years later

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:59 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:
Hmm, I'm a bit divided on how I should feel about this new design for him. On the one hand, he actually looks very well designed and all in comparison to the previous games, but on the other...should Gohan's skin tone be that tanned? He's almost on par to GT Chibi Goku. >_>;;
Tanned?! WTF are you talking about what tan, and if he was thats nowhere close to GT Chibi~Son Goku, and if thats what you call a tan then you got some skin tone issues that (no offense) seem a little negative lolz

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:45 pm

denitonis wrote: And there seems to be an Oozaru above him, so can we assume that Gohan is able to transform in Oozaru form this time?
Yeah, it has to be Gohan's Oozaru form. Now I can reenact the battle between Vegeta and Oozaru Gohan. :lol:
PLAY B3YOND.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:31 pm

HyperBlaze wrote:Tanned?! WTF are you talking about what tan, and if he was thats nowhere close to GT Chibi~Son Goku, and if thats what you call a tan then you got some skin tone issues that (no offense) seem a little negative lolz
I'm just saying, Gohan should be much ... whiter in skin tone than (what appears to me) that "tan" makes him out to be. And obviously it isn't as bad as Chibi GT Goku, I was just making a point at why my feelings on this design are divided. I'm not sure if it's totally awesome in detail or inaccurate compared to the anime. I mean, this is the one game that's getting Kuririn's eyes right for once, getting Gohan's skin tone wrong just boggles me. >>
14 years later

Olivier Hague
I Live Here

Post by Olivier Hague » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:45 pm

Sasuke_Chidori wrote:
denitonis wrote: And there seems to be an Oozaru above him, so can we assume that Gohan is able to transform in Oozaru form this time?
Yeah, it has to be Gohan's Oozaru form.
Nah, it's just a generic Great Ape. More specifically, it says "Great Ape (lower-class soldier)".

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:39 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:
HyperBlaze wrote:Tanned?! WTF are you talking about what tan, and if he was thats nowhere close to GT Chibi~Son Goku, and if thats what you call a tan then you got some skin tone issues that (no offense) seem a little negative lolz
I'm just saying, Gohan should be much ... whiter in skin tone than (what appears to me) that "tan" makes him out to be. And obviously it isn't as bad as Chibi GT Goku, I was just making a point at why my feelings on this design are divided. I'm not sure if it's totally awesome in detail or inaccurate compared to the anime. I mean, this is the one game that's getting Kuririn's eyes right for once, getting Gohan's skin tone wrong just boggles me. >>
THERE NOTHING WRONG WITH HIS SKIN TONE AND THATS JUST A PICTURE C'MON!

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:53 am

HyperBlaze wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote:
THERE NOTHING WRONG WITH HIS SKIN TONE AND THATS JUST A PICTURE C'MON!
Um, could ya tone down on the Caps? :roll:

As for Gohan, I don't care what he looks like, I just want him to be better than he was in BT2. :lol:
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:08 am

WOW. Gohan looks really good. It makes me think of Toriyama's art than Toei's.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:12 am

As for Gohan, I don't care what he looks like, I just want him to be better than he was in BT2. :lol:
Are you kidding me? BT2 Young Gohan was the best Gohan on the rooster, his attacks were the best! And it looks like he can transform, under his name, there is the world Great Ape to it. I was a little sad that the second video was fake thought.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:24 am

HyperBlaze wrote:THERE NOTHING WRONG WITH HIS SKIN TONE AND THATS JUST A PICTURE C'MON!
Apparently I can't speak from my own point of view about something without being chewed out like beef jerky? For the record, I didn't say the skin tone was wrong or bad, just that it seems inaccurate given the anime portrayal of "Young" Gohan is much whiter in contrast. That's why my view on this designe isn't as accepting as yours. I will admit, he does look very sharp, I'm just not certain if it's an accurate tone.
14 years later

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:08 am

You guys really need something else to discuss besides Gohan's skin tone. I for one would like that Gohan could transform.

I'll throw a topic for you: the first what if character is probably Ozaru King Vegeta. Discuss! D: