Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by rereboy » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Gog wrote:
Yeah? He was stomping the Ginyu Force, and he did have to go Kaio Ken against an all out Captain Ginyu. And his child, and his two friends have just died, I don't see why he hasn't ascended yet.
Manga Goku put Reecum to sleep with just one blow and Butta was never able to touch Goku.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:49 pm

testing223 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:IMO this universe should have been Goku going SSJ at his 90,000 and losing to Frieza that way. I don't see why Goku would stop training and be weaker in this timeline for any reason.
Depressed and less able to motivate himself due to his friends and son being killed and he was 5 days too far away to do anything?
Something like that would motivate Goku we've seen that in the series especially since he's going for revenge.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:06 pm

rereboy wrote:
Gog wrote:
Yeah? He was stomping the Ginyu Force, and he did have to go Kaio Ken against an all out Captain Ginyu. And his child, and his two friends have just died, I don't see why he hasn't ascended yet.
Manga Goku put Reecum to sleep with just one blow and Butta was never able to touch Goku.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

As ridiculous as that may sound to me, you are right here, especially considering that this page proves it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:38 pm

testing223 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:IMO this universe should have been Goku going SSJ at his 90,000 and losing to Frieza that way. I don't see why Goku would stop training and be weaker in this timeline for any reason.
Depressed and less able to motivate himself due to his friends and son being killed and he was 5 days too far away to do anything?
The special doesn't give off that impression. Plus, the prospect of getting revenge should make him more motivated to train, if anything I think Goku should be quite a bit stronger here than he actually is.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:20 pm

Wasn't part of getting super strong not just the gravity training but being injured and then getting zenkais? Maybe Goku just didn't get injured as much by luck?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:10 pm

Wait a minute, can Guldo restrain Freeza? Because Goku's maximum Kaioken should put him well over First Form Freeza even if he's weaker here, unless he also neglected to push his Kaioken up to x10 in this universe.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:40 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Wait a minute, can Guldo restrain Freeza? Because Goku's maximum Kaioken should put him well over First Form Freeza even if he's weaker here, unless he also neglected to push his Kaioken up to x10 in this universe.
Goku didn't get to try Kaioken.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:19 pm

rereboy wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Wait a minute, can Guldo restrain Freeza? Because Goku's maximum Kaioken should put him well over First Form Freeza even if he's weaker here, unless he also neglected to push his Kaioken up to x10 in this universe.
Goku said if he used his maximum Kaioken, maybe he could break out.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:38 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Goku felt that the paralysis was too strong and only perhaps using his maximum (maximum Kaioken) he might be able to break free. However, before he tried it, Nail intervened.

In other words, Goku didn't use any kind of Kaioken before Nail intervened. Regardless, he felt that only his best Kaioken would perhaps set him free.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:56 pm

rereboy wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
rereboy wrote:
Goku felt that the paralysis was too strong and only perhaps using his maximum (maximum Kaioken) he might be able to break free. However, before he tried it, Nail intervened.

In other words, Goku didn't use any kind of Kaioken before Nail intervened. Regardless, he felt that only his best Kaioken would perhaps set him free.
That's the point, his maximum Kaioken should put him well above Freeza unless he can only do x5 or something in this universe.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:02 pm

So Freeza did faced Goku, wonder why he acts then as if he don't remember him? You would think guy who forced you to transform would be worth enough to remember? :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:11 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
rereboy wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Goku said if he used his maximum Kaioken, maybe he could break out.

That's the point, his maximum Kaioken should put him well above Freeza unless he can only do x5 or something in this universe.
And my point is that it was just his assumption. He didn't actually try any kaioken. He might not need his maximum or maybe his maximum wouldn't be enough, he is just assuming that he needs to do his maximum.

Regardless, it doesn't matter if Guldo could hold first form Freeza. Even if he could, Freeza would just transform until he broke free. Ginyu's technique was far more dangerous to Freeza.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:32 pm

coola wrote:Image
So Freeza did faced Goku, wonder why he acts then as if he don't remember him? You would think guy who forced you to transform would be worth enough to remember? :)
The whole not remebering Goku was stupid anyway. The timeline splits on Namek even if Uni 8 mever met Uni 8 Goku he still met Bardock and would compare Goku to that unless Uni 8 Frieza has worse memory than canon Frieza.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:53 pm

I feel like there's a small chance that Freeza won't be mocked or humiliated in this special chapter. Heck I think this may be the best Freeza will ever be treated in this comic if all goes well.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:26 pm

coola wrote:Image
Ok, this is what I mean when I say Saligir should be checking these fanfics for quality before getting them drawn. This whole time we queried why U8 Goku is so much weaker, and yeah this is just a cover, but look at it. It implies Goku someway somehow will force Freeza to his fourth form, let alone out of his first form. Just, what?

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:41 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
testing223 wrote:
Something like that would motivate Goku we've seen that in the series especially since he's going for revenge.
Before he got to Namek, he still had hope that the Namekian balls existed.

His priority changed to revenge after finding Nail and admitting all hope was lost for revival.
I play baseball and work in LA.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:49 pm

Never been interested in a special than this one in Multiverse, It will be nice to have Goku fighting Freeza using all his forms even though he'll lose.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Even second form Freeza should easily stomp this Goku, even canon Goku wouldn't be able to get past form 2.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:25 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Even second form Freeza should easily stomp this Goku, even canon Goku wouldn't be able to get past form 2.
I still think it's really dumb that he's weaker when he should've realistically trained even harder to get back at Freeza and he apparently had more time to do so in this. He should at least be on par with Ginyu here.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:32 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Even second form Freeza should easily stomp this Goku, even canon Goku wouldn't be able to get past form 2.
I still think it's really dumb that he's weaker when he should've realistically trained even harder to get back at Freeza and he apparently had more time to do so in this. He should at least be on par with Ginyu here.
Clearly not since in canon he did fairly well against a semi-serious Ginyu in base whereas here he's busting out Kaioken right away.