The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by pacz360 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:02 am

RehBeh wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
What?
In both the anime and the movies, SSJ3 Goku => Kid Buu > Buuhan
That's just a contradiction in the manga, the source material. In fact it's the only one where fans use it as evidence, while any other they quickly dismiss it.
Not only that he was getting his ass kicked by buutenks let alone buuhan.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:03 am

RehBeh wrote:
apex_pretador wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Kaioken x15,000,000 Kid Goku vs Namek Freeza
Goku explodes from the kaioken so hard that the entire solar system is annihilated alongwith the explosion, leaving freeza knocked out clean, with his tail gone, and severe burns on his skin. However, Freeza being freeza, he survives this
I think you overestimate Freeza here.
I'm probably overestimating the kaioken.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:05 am

apex_pretador wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
apex_pretador wrote: Goku explodes from the kaioken so hard that the entire solar system is annihilated alongwith the explosion, leaving freeza knocked out clean, with his tail gone, and severe burns on his skin. However, Freeza being freeza, he survives this
I think you overestimate Freeza here.
I'm probably overestimating the kaioken.
That too i suppose. :P
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:28 am

pacz360 wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: In both the anime and the movies, SSJ3 Goku => Kid Buu > Buuhan
That's just a contradiction in the manga, the source material. In fact it's the only one where fans use it as evidence, while any other they quickly dismiss it.
He was beating Kid Buu who was stated to be the strongest Buu and the episode title says Goku is the strongest as well.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:33 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
He was beating Kid Buu who was stated to be the strongest Buu and the episode title says Goku is the strongest as well.
Contradiction. Boo with Gotenks absorbed says that he is stornger than ever, Goku can't touch him and then in another episode comes that part you mentioned, which by the way it's not in Kai.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:55 am

RehBeh wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
pacz360 wrote: Not only that he was getting his ass kicked by buutenks let alone buuhan.
Contradiction. Boo with Gotenks absorbed says that he is stornger than ever, Goku can't touch him and then in another episode comes that part you mentioned, which by the way it's not in Kai.
Who said anything about Kai? It has no relation to the anime or the movies.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:59 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: He was beating Kid Buu who was stated to be the strongest Buu and the episode title says Goku is the strongest as well.
Isn't Kai the anime without 90% percent of filler?
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:00 am

RehBeh wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
Yes, but it didn't exist back then, the movies were based off the original anime including the filler. Furthermore, is also has an episode title saying Son Goku is the strongest.

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:05 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Who said anything about Kai? It has no relation to the anime or the movies.
Yes, but it didn't exist back then, the movies were based off the original anime including the filler. Furthermore, is also has an episode title saying Son Goku is the strongest.
Yes but they aknowledge that th line was contradictory ad removed it, that was my point. Also Goku being the no.1 (strongest) is in the manga during Vegeta's speech
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:36 am

RehBeh wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
Yes but they aknowledge that th line was contradictory ad removed it, that was my point. Also Goku being the no.1 (strongest) is in the manga during Vegeta's speech
It says Goku is the strongest twice. The first time it calls him No. 1 in the episode where Vegeta makes that speech, and later on it again says he's the strongest when he beats Buu. Also, Rou Kaioshin still says Kid Buu is the most difficult one and Kaioshin says through absorption his power had been reduced, but now he has returned to his original state.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:39 pm

LightBing got me inspired, what-if most DB battles were team based?

- 21st TB Goku & Krillin vs. 21st Jackie Chun
- Master Roshi, Yamcha, Krillin, Bulma and Lunch vs. The Red Ribbon Army
- 22nd TB Yamcha & Krillin vs. 22nd Tenshinhan
- 22nd TB Yamcha & Krillin vs. Tambourine
- Chaozu, Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Master Roshi vs. Old Piccolo Daimao
- 23rd Chaozu, Yamcha, Krillin, Tenshinhan and Shen vs. 23rd TB Piccolo
Last edited by Noah on Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by RehBeh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:09 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Yes, but it didn't exist back then, the movies were based off the original anime including the filler. Furthermore, is also has an episode title saying Son Goku is the strongest.
It says Goku is the strongest twice. The first time it calls him No. 1 in the episode where Vegeta makes that speech, and later on it again says he's the strongest when he beats Buu. Also, Rou Kaioshin still says Kid Buu is the most difficult one and Kaioshin says through absorption his power had been reduced, but now he has returned to his original state.
By absorbing the Fat Kaioshin his power reduced, the other absorbtions didn't reduce Boo's power. Most difficult dosn't mean stronger.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:52 pm

New matches:

- Dende, Krillin, Gohan (final Zenkai), Piccolo, Vegeta (final Zenkai), Goku (final Zenkai) vs. Final Form Freeza
- Chaozu, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Krillin, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta vs. Mecha Freeza and King Cold
- Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Krillin, Gohan, Piccolo, Base Goku (can use Kaioken/SSJ) vs. Android 19 & Android 20
- SSJ Trunks, SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta vs. Android 17 or Android 18
- Tenshinhan, Piccolo, SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Trunks vs. Android 17 or Android 18
- Tenshinhan, Krillin, SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Trunks vs. Imperfect Cell (Gingertown)
- Android 16, Android 17, Android 18 and Piccolo vs. Imperfect Cell (Post Humans)
- Super Vegeta & Super Trunks vs. Initial Perfect Cell
- Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Krillin, Piccolo, SSJ Trunks, SSJ Vegeta, SSJ Goku and SSJ Gohan vs. Perfect Cell
- SSJ Goten, SSJ Trunks, Piccolo, SSJ2 Gohan, SSJ2 Vegeta and SSJ2 Goku vs. Fat Boo and Babidi
- SSJ2 Vegeta, Good Boo and SSJ3 Goku vs. Kid Boo
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Vegetto (SS4) V (Kaio Ken times 20) Buuhan

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:22 pm

Noah wrote:New matches:

- Dende, Krillin, Gohan (final Zenkai), Piccolo, Vegeta (final Zenkai), Goku (final Zenkai) vs. Final Form Freeza
- Chaozu, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Krillin, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta vs. Mecha Freeza and King Cold
- Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Krillin, Gohan, Piccolo, Base Goku (can use Kaioken/SSJ) vs. Android 19 & Android 20
- Tenshinhan, Krillin, SSJ Vegeta and SSJ Trunks vs. Imperfect Cell (Gingertown)
- Android 16, Android 17, Android 18 and Piccolo vs. Imperfect Cell (Post Humans)
- Yamcha, Tenshinhan, Krillin, Piccolo, SSJ Trunks, SSJ Vegeta, SSJ Goku and SSJ Gohan vs. Perfect Cell
- SSJ Goten, SSJ Trunks, Piccolo, SSJ2 Gohan, SSJ2 Vegeta and SSJ2 Goku vs. Fat Boo and Babidi
- Unless if Kuririn or someone dies and triggers a Super Saiyan transformation from either Goku or Vegeta, nobody can hope to stand up to Freeza's full power.
- Even if Vegeta miraculously transforms into a Super Saiyan, he'd only be about as strong as Mecha Freeza's full power, who would have King Cold as back-up. Team Earth likely loses.
- So Goku can go Super Saiyan? Assuming he isn't sick here, he and Piccolo make quick work of the androids.
- No. 17 and No. 18 are both a lot stronger than the three Super Saiyans, but I don't think they're strong enough to take them on three-on-one.
- Replacing Goku with Piccolo and Tenshinhan raises the android's odds, but No. 17 did think that No. 18 would have trouble if they all ganged up on her. I'd be generous and say that Team Earth wins with heavy casualties.
- Upon his introduction, Cell is stronger than the three Super Saiyans, but I don't think it's by much. He's certainly not tough enough to fight off both Vegeta and Trunks with Kuririn and Tenshinhan firing pot-shots and generally being nuisances.
- No. 16 is already about as strong as Cell. With the backup of his android brethren and Super Namekian Piccolo, he should have zero issues finishing off bug-man, baring any absorption shenanigans.
- If Perfect Cell is restricted to the power that he used to crush Vegeta and fight off Grade 3 Trunks, the Saiyans have a slim chance. However time is not on their side given Grade 2's energy drain.
- Perfect Cell is very strong, but with the backup of all their allies, I suppose Goku and Gohan have a chance at beating him.
- Given his regeneration, Majin Boo isn't the type of opponent who can be overcome by numbers. Unless if Goku can charge up an overpowered Genki Dama like he did with Pure Boo, no one can pull off an attack powerful and thorough enough to finish Boo off for good. And that's all without considering Bobbidi messing with the good guys' heads with his magic.
- Goku and Pure Boo are already evenly matched with each other, so adding Vegeta and Mr. Boo into the mix certainly boosts his chances by a lot. However, SS3 still consumes stamina like crazy and Pure Boo can't be whittled down, so it's not gonna be easy.
Gog wrote:Vegetto (SS4) V (Kaio Ken times 20) Buuhan
Super Vegetto is already about two or three times stronger than Gohan-Boo, so he might be able to beat Boo with just Super Saiyan 3. Super Saiyan 4 is massive overkill.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Noah wrote:
- They all lose to Frieza's overwhelming might or Krillin solar flares and cuts his head off. Distracting Frieza so he can be mafuba'd might also work.
- They all die for sure, unless Vegeta somehow goes ss. Even if Cold and Frieza were fooling around and one of them got cut by Krillin's Kienzan or mafuba'd, the other one would get bloodlusted and kill them all.

- IF it's plays out like in cannon except without Vegeta showing up. They will probably lose. 19 probably can't beat Piccolo, but the other can't beat 20, and Goku's dying of a heart attack, so 20 kills the others and then Piccolo.
IF Goku doesn't have the heart virus they win regardless of if they know about energy absorption or not. They'll figure it out fast enough for it not to matter.
- They lose Trunks is too weak to make a difference.
-Lose even harder.
Team should win
Piccolo,17, and 18 are non factors. 17 Probably still gets absorbed. Unless 16 holds cell down and Piccolo mafubas him(very unlikely)
The duo still loses.
I fee like team should be able to win. It depends how strong full power SSJ Gohan was. The saiyans maybe able to wear down cell enough for Gohan to win.
They lose. Mafuba might be able to work if they thought to use it.
Without PIS. team wins.

Mafuba is pretty OP too bad it's never use in a team situations.

EDIT:If Piccolo can't instantly materialize the seal and pot, then Mafuba is actually worthless.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Beyond wrote:mafuba'd might also work.
...cut by Krillin's Kienzan or mafuba'd...
Unless 16 holds cell down and Piccolo mafubas him(very unlikely)
EDIT:If Piccolo can't instantly materialize the seal and pot, then Mafuba is actually worthless.
You do like this technique, don't you? Either way I don't think it could work that easily in most of these situations :think:
Without PIS. team wins.
What is PIS?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:11 pm

Noah wrote:
Beyond wrote:mafuba'd might also work.
...cut by Krillin's Kienzan or mafuba'd...
Unless 16 holds cell down and Piccolo mafubas him(very unlikely)
You do like this technique, don't you? Either way I don't think it could work that easily in most of these situations :think:
Without PIS. team wins.
What is PIS?
PIS is Plot induced stupidity. Maybe I'm overrating the mafuba, but being able to seal enemies that are way stornger than you with just a jar and a wave sounds broken, but it is anticlimactic and boring.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:41 am

Noah wrote:New matches:

-Depending upon freeza's mentality, it ends in either deaths of all of them, or goku turns super saiyan again and wins the hard fought battle.
-Either one solos with a huge energy blast.
-Piccolo solos, goku solos
-1 vs 3, the saiyans win.
- Tenshinhan is irrelevant. 17 wins, 18 loses.
- Cell will absorb the power of Tenshinhan and krillin, then goad vegeta into coming up close and absorb his power too. In a straight up fight, he doesn't have a decent chance against 2 super saiyans.
- Cell manhandles.
- Gohan dies again, piccolo can't do much and kids are fodder. Goku and vegeta fight again.
- Already happened, the team was losing without spirit bomb. Here, the spirit bomb won't be enough without gohan, kids, krillin and co, mr satan helping them out.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:01 am

SSJ Goku, SSJ Trunks, SSJ Vegeta, Piccolo & Cell (Pre) vs 17 & 18