Dragonball Z Sparking! Meteor

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:19 am

Drunken Master wrote: Movie 8
If I see Paragus in any fighting game, I'll shoot myself in the face.
Hey now, Paragus is cool. I thought he was a great design. What would be wrong with having him as a fighter?

Leotaku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Leotaku » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:26 am

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:
Humpski wrote: Other Notes
- It says we will have the 5 on 5 free battle again.
Which one of these scans confirms that 5-on-5 battle is back? :?
http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/2 ... 165341.jpg
If you look at the text to the left of the screenshot with GT Goku's Dragon Fist, it says...uh...something with two '5's. I'm guessing that's it.

And this might be unrelated, but the string of screenshots below that kind of looks like one single battle with Nappa against Krillin, Tien, Chaozu, Gohan, and Piccolo. Although, Nappa's healthbar in the screenshots doesn't look like it's decreasing in order of each screen. It looks like it's jumping around, so I don't know if that's one fight or not. Is that stuff on those screens cutscene dialogue, or captions for what they're saying during a battle..?

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:30 am

Awesome that GT Kid Goku, Suu Xing Long and Future Gohan are in this. Now I can finally battle Kid Goku and GT Kid Goku. A very fun 3 minutes indeed.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:18 am

HELL YES!

Quick-paced-über-awesome-evasive-action?!

...Can this game match up to B3?! :shock:

*Slight excitement*
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:31 am

Maaann....

Now I'm excited for this game. I didn't want to be at first, but now I am. Goodbye $50, hello most massive list of Dragon Ball characters ever.

_Jrinu_
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by _Jrinu_ » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:30 pm

Does anyone know if the wii version will allow you to use the gamecube controller?

Originally I was going to buy this for PS2, but the online play for wii is reason for me to reconsider. However, I am not the biggest fan of the Wii's controls and I'd really much rather play with the gamecube (or classic) controller.
There is no better combination in the world than Dragonball, Cherry Pepsi, and Cheez-Its. It's a proven fact.
The Super Saiya-jin Bobba Fetts: Gym Class Badminton Champions 2006!!
Wii Friend Code: 1134 6268 9135 3724/ Xbox live gamertag: Jrinu
Jump Ultimate Stars Code: 2534 9452 9303

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:45 pm

_Jrinu_ wrote:Does anyone know if the wii version will allow you to use the gamecube controller?

Originally I was going to buy this for PS2, but the online play for wii is reason for me to reconsider. However, I am not the biggest fan of the Wii's controls and I'd really much rather play with the gamecube (or classic) controller.
Well for BT2 you could. I would always use the gamecube controller and my bro would use the wiimote. I'm gonna assume you still can.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:49 pm

Humpski wrote:
_Jrinu_ wrote:Does anyone know if the wii version will allow you to use the gamecube controller?

Well for BT2 you could. I would always use the gamecube controller and my bro would use the wiimote. I'm gonna assume you still can.
After I bought a used BT2 and went through the training mode I immediately went out and got a Classic controller. It's so much better than the Gamecube controller and plays almost exactly like the PS2 controller. Although the developers are saying that they are revamping the Wii-mote controls and removing the need for an onscreen cursor. So either way I'm set.

Those are some awesome leveling ideas Xyex. Another thing that they could do is allow us to use all seven slots or grant us more slots while leveling up.

And also, for the love of Kami, don't release the game six four months later in some other region with more characters that we really want.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:25 pm

Anonymous Friend wrote:
Humpski wrote:

And also, for the love of Kami, don't release the game six four months later in some other region with more characters that we really want.
I don't think we have to worry about that... :)

Unless, the 3 "mystery characters" are exclusive to the Wii version, but I could be going insane again... :P
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:38 pm

Did anyone else notice that there's subtitles in the in-game screen shots?

This could mean that characters will be exchanging key dialouge during fights! like for example Goku vs Freeza or Gohan vs Cell etc.

Great, key trash talk from the show! :lol:

this just keeps getting better! :D

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:44 pm

HyperBlaze wrote:Did anyone else notice that there's subtitles in the in-game screen shots?

This could mean that characters will be exchanging key dialouge during fights! like for example Goku vs Freeza or Gohan vs Cell etc.

Great, key trash talk from the show! :lol:

this just keeps getting better! :D
Yes, I did notice that. I think it was already said, though... :?
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

Gaiash
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gaiash » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:46 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Gaiash wrote:What-if Vegetto Buu
You imply that there is any possible way a suckafoo like Buu could absorb Vegetto. I am forced to hate every fiber of your being.
He did, remember. Its just Vegetto split up and moved around inside him. I just would be interested in seeing what Buu would be like if the absorbtion was successful.

Oh and just perfect, someone else hates me. THis summer just keeps getting better and better.
Proud Advanceshipper (Ash+May)

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:22 pm

YES! GT Goku is now 100% confirmed! We got Su(I am sure the chinese four numeral is spelled this way, I study it...) Xing Long too and Future Gohan! But why two Arms? I want that Shin Budokai-One-Freak!
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:25 pm

Humpski wrote:
Hey now, Paragus is cool. I thought he was a great design. What would be wrong with having him as a fighter?
Because...he never fought anything...? He never even used his ki. They based King Vegeta's attacks only on one thing, and that was his ki blast attack on Paragus, but Paragus never did anything. Plus we really don't need another ape. I think the same with Seripa or whatever. Do you seriously want a see a Giant ape woman thing with hairy boobs? :?
Last edited by Drunken Master on Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:28 pm

Drunken Master wrote:
Humpski wrote:
Because...he never fought anything...?
Agh, doesn't matter. Are you forgetting Tapion and Babidi?

Drunken Master
Regular

Post by Drunken Master » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:30 pm

Babidi has henchmen that fight for him, and some basic attacks, plus in the filler, which they'll probably go off on, he has some ki techniques. Tapion was based off someone else if my memory is correct. I've only seen the movie once, but in his flashback, didn't he and Minisho-whatever play the ocarinas while a mystery warrior sliced Hildergarn in half? That attack was his ultimate. Then they gave him a basic ki ball, and some sword technique that doesn't exist in Dragon Ball. That crazy ki-comes-from-my-sword attack that he and Yajirobe have because they lack techniques.

EDIT
They don't have anything for Paragus...I mean, they could give him Saiyan spirit, some random ki attack, some made-up rush, or another ki beam, sleep (lol), and probably have some ultimate where he controls Broly. Just thought about that ultimate when I was typing this. Doesn't sound so bad now...Oh yeah, then he'd been an ape. But Seripa, or ANY of Bardock's crew I'm against. NO MORE SAIYANS!
AKA [b]Pope Blitzkrieg XVI[/b], [b]Mr. Shades-Internet McCool[/b]

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:17 pm

Drunken Master wrote:Babidi has henchmen that fight for him, and some basic attacks, plus in the filler, which they'll probably go off on, he has some ki techniques. Tapion was based off someone else if my memory is correct. I've only seen the movie once, but in his flashback, didn't he and Minisho-whatever play the ocarinas while a mystery warrior sliced Hildergarn in half? That attack was his ultimate. Then they gave him a basic ki ball, and some sword technique that doesn't exist in Dragon Ball. That crazy ki-comes-from-my-sword attack that he and Yajirobe have because they lack techniques.

EDIT
They don't have anything for Paragus...I mean, they could give him Saiyan spirit, some random ki attack, some made-up rush, or another ki beam, sleep (lol), and probably have some ultimate where he controls Broly. Just thought about that ultimate when I was typing this. Doesn't sound so bad now...Oh yeah, then he'd been an ape. But Seripa, or ANY of Bardock's crew I'm against. NO MORE SAIYANS!
:lol: A ki sword attack is'nt "crazy", you make it sound far fetched :lol:

Somthing like that is pretty natural. The world of DB is a world of people who can achieve extraordinary physical,spritual, and magical heights!

So generating ki through an object let alone a sword isnt far fetched 8)

anyways back on topic. Yeah I agree, we have enough saiya-jins as it is (only if it's vital like GT Goku or Alt. Future Gohan and mabye some GT variations like a GT Goten etc.) . Now for more of the more exotic characters like them dragons and such.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:20 pm

And Wheelo and Chi-Chi. ;) And at least one Red Ribbon member besides Gero.

Though I wouldn't mind Teen Goten and Teen Trunks (NOT Mirai with sword), maybe create a Teenage Gotenks for us.
Trunks & Goten forever

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:29 pm

*Kills everyone against Seripa!* We need more women, damnit! And we need a full blooded Saiya-jin female! Seripa's a must! GT Goten can just go to HFIL. >> I wouldn't mind him if he was an alt for end of Z Goten and we got a Teen Gotenks out of it, but Seripa still comes first!
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:36 pm

....I want Arale. Blast one being a rush combo. Blast two, the Gatchans. Ultimate, N'cha Cannon.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]