Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dario03
Advanced Regular

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by dario03 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 pm

The issue I have with the Nail learns Ginyu's technique and is really the one that took Cold and Bra's body is
http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en ... tml#h_read

So I don't think its Nail, or if it is then he thinks he is Ginyu (Effect of the technique maybe? Or because he pretended to be for like 5 minutes?). But I'm thinking either Ginyu gets his body back right away or Nail tries his plan but Freeza kills him thinking he is Ginyu, meanwhile Ginyu sees this and decides that he shouldn't be loyal to Freeza anymore and works his way to Cold.

Though I will say if you go all the way back to when we learned Ginyu was around, Buu doesn't actually say its him. He even asks if somebody else had the technique.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:02 am

dario03 wrote:The issue I have with the Nail learns Ginyu's technique and is really the one that took Cold and Bra's body is

So I don't think its Nail, or if it is then he thinks he is Ginyu (Effect of the technique maybe? Or because he pretended to be for like 5 minutes?). But I'm thinking either Ginyu gets his body back right away or Nail tries his plan but Freeza kills him thinking he is Ginyu, meanwhile Ginyu sees this and decides that he shouldn't be loyal to Freeza anymore and works his way to Cold.

Though I will say if you go all the way back to when we learned Ginyu was around, Buu doesn't actually say its him. He even asks if somebody else had the technique.
"They must have met me in their universe" This makes it clear it is Ginyu and not Nail
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:17 am

emperior wrote:
dario03 wrote:The issue I have with the Nail learns Ginyu's technique and is really the one that took Cold and Bra's body is

"They must have met me in their universe" This makes it clear it is Ginyu and not Nail
It could alo apply to Nail, he doesn't know how events unfolded in other universes. I really would love this "Ginyu is actually Nail" twist to be true, that would be one of best things that happened in this comic :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:34 pm

Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:39 pm

Why the fuck is Freeza freaking out so goddamn much? Jesus, it's off-putting. Freeza was never this much of a child, he didn't care if he was being matched by Vegeta or Piccolo or Gohan or whoever else in his suppression forms since he knew he could always transform once more.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:35 pm

Well this is Freeza from Universe...I don't remember. So he wouldn't need to have 100% the same characteristics as our Universe (U8?U12?U18?) Freeza.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Well this is Freeza from Universe...I don't remember. So he wouldn't need to have 100% the same characteristics as our Universe (U8?U12?U18?) Freeza.
I'd have to agree. All these characters are the same character up to a point, After the debacle on Namek, and his capital city being messed up, Freeza is a very angry genotype right now, so no coolheaded Freeza, the fact he has to put any effort at all heats him up.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:06 pm

Doctor. wrote:Why the fuck is Freeza freaking out so goddamn much? Jesus, it's off-putting. Freeza was never this much of a child, he didn't care if he was being matched by Vegeta or Piccolo or Gohan or whoever else in his suppression forms since he knew he could always transform once more.
Your futile attempts to make sense of this special are most amusing.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Goku's power level must be like how some of us old fans thought back in the day in grade school were we thought it was 180,000 without kaio-ken.

nitwit

Post by nitwit » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:49 am

FoolsGil wrote:
coola wrote:
That's not uncommon, remember Megas XLR? (Why there was no 3rd season? I really hope Adult Swim will one day get rights and make continuation, like with Samurai Jack) Similar thing happened with Coop and Kiva in alternative dimension, they beat bad guys, and Coop become bad guy himself, Kiva followed him, and also became villain, forgetting her original goal
To be fair, 2/3 of Megas XLR could interpret Coop as a villain. While Nail was the greatest warrior from an all good race of people. And what happened to Megas XLR is what happened to Symbionic Titan: It was written off to save money for taxes. I don't think Megas is even allowed to come back, it's an un-series now.
The guys who made Megas XLR were kinda in talks with CN about getting the rights back to their show. They said it's unlikely. But with networks like Netflix and Hulu. They could make it a web series for their streaming servers. That and they're thinking of making a new show like XLR. But be spiritual sequel kind of way.

(Like a DVD & Bluray release.)

Symbionic Titan is also more popular in European countries like France. I think it's more likely that the french people will revival that shows and put it on their version of Toonami. (Unlikely over here in the US? But with Franch money. It's possiable!)

testing223
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by testing223 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:17 am

People are really judging Nail pretty harshly. Who's to say he isn't smart enough to figure out the change beam? The BEST warrior Namek alive being too stupid to figure out a new technique is kind of mean.

Besides, if people want to argue on technicalities, Nail fused with Piccolo learned new techniques, so unless Piccolo is the only Namek ever to figure new things out, Nail can't be that stupid.
I play baseball and work in LA.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:28 am

testing223 wrote:People are really judging Nail pretty harshly. Who's to say he isn't smart enough to figure out the change beam? The BEST warrior Namek alive being too stupid to figure out a new technique is kind of mean.

Doesn't make Nail stupid if he can't do it. I wouldn't call anyone here stupid if they only seen heart surgery done once and they can't replicate what they seen.
Besides, if people want to argue on technicalities, Nail fused with Piccolo learned new techniques, so unless Piccolo is the only Namek ever to figure new things out, Nail can't be that stupid.
There are a number of things that can happen when you perform a technique that is switching bodies with someone on your first try. You could blow up your target because 99% of all techniques involves killing people and you don't have the right mindset to change bodies. You could miss because your aim is off. You could get trapped in the same body with the other's person's soul, either merging or cohabitating in said body. You send your soul out to your target, but because there was something else that you were supposed to do that didn't happen, the switch didn't happen. Or it would not work because Ginyu is a mutant and there are some abilities that don't cross over to teachable. It's gonna happen because plot, but something as crazy as body change, should not be as easy as performing the Kamehameha Wave also after seeing it once.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:21 pm

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:24 pm

Can we return to Ginyu and Nail, please? :)
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Wait, Goku is only now using x10?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:16 pm

I noticed that in less than a month (May 18th to be exact), DBM will have its 9th anniversary!

No matter you may think about Salagir's storytelling skills or what direction DBM has taken, 9 years (and still counting) of time and effort dedicated to a fan project for fans by fans is something commendable. I haven't seen any other fan project with this much dedication and passion put into it, the only thing that's comparable to this is Kanzenshuu (Daizenshuu EX and kanzentai included).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Doctor. wrote:Wait, Goku is only now using x10?
No, I think he's just using it again; like how he had to repeatedly turn on x3 against Vegeta.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:36 pm

Doctor. wrote:Wait, Goku is only now using x10?
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:28 pm

That bottom panel is gorgeous. I love the stylish lineart and shading.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:11 pm

So Freeza, who destroyed the city? Saiyan, or your tantrum?
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek: