Tien and Roshi, Ideas for possible boosts!!!!

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

larzooma
Beyond Newbie

Tien and Roshi, Ideas for possible boosts!!!!

Post by larzooma » Fri May 05, 2017 10:47 pm

As a long time Tien fan, I don't think I'd mind a sort-of-reasonable explanation for a big power boost in the next episode. My idea involves something I read a while back stating Tien lost access to the power granted by his third eye, or the race he descends from, because of the corruption of Master Shen's teachings. What if he finally sheds the corruption by opening a dojo to train students to use the Crane technique for good. Despite being one of, if not the, bravest Z fighter, who risked himself for the good of the world on countless occasions in the face of inevitable death, the actual corruption stemmed from the form of martial arts he uses. Transforming it into a tool for good gives him access to the power of his third eye.

Now for Roshi...This is a little more of a hail mary, out-of-the-box path to a power boost. When Goku took on the power of the other sayians, his body gained the ability to reach the level of power on it's own by experiencing the power for a period of time. In the next episode, we see Roshi gain enough strength as a scroll zombie, or whatever they call it in Japan, enough to take on a base level Goku. What if a similar thing occurs, and by experiencing that power while in the berserker state, his body takes on the power even after the scroll is removed.

What do you guys think??? I feel Tien deserves a boost, and I would love to delve a little deeper into his third eye. Tbh, I think this is a story I could swallow. Roshi on the other hand, is simply something I can picture the writers using as a reason for a quick power gain, but I'm pretty sure the fan base would lose their shit faster than Goku using SSJB to take on Yajirobe.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Tien and Roshi, Ideas for possible boosts!!!!

Post by TheMathemagician » Sat May 06, 2017 12:05 am

I don't think I'd mind at all if they gave him a power up in regards to his third eye. I however don't feel it's likely for that to happen though.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Tectorman
Regular

Re: Tien and Roshi, Ideas for possible boosts!!!!

Post by Tectorman » Sat May 06, 2017 12:56 am

I don't know about Roshi, but as far as Tien is concerned, I think his contribution even at this level is the least contrived of any of the "formerly retired" Z Fighters.

Back in the Cell Saga, he was able to deadlock Semi-Perfect Cell with a barrage of Kikoho blasts. Fast-forward to the Buu Saga, and we see Buutenks ready to destroy the Earth once and for all. Gohan, for all his unlocked power, has nothing up his sleeve but to try and just withstand the blast. Tien, on the other hand, destroys Buutenks's attack. And if we suppose that he and Chaotzu were training together all this time, then Chaotzu's ability to temporarily paralyze Goku (where he previously couldn't do anything against Nappa) gives us an indication of just how far Tien could potentially have pushed his own techniques.

It's still just relegating him to the role of "glass cannon", but Tien being on the team makes me raise my eyebrows the least (well, him and Buu).
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!