A missed chance of showing us Sharpner & Erasa's whereabouts?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

A missed chance of showing us Sharpner & Erasa's whereabouts?

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:22 pm

I kinda wonder what have happened to these two who used to be close friends of Videl while growing up in Satan City but are now MIA in Dragon Ball Super. I know that statistically each person loses half of their friends every 7 years but that's doesn't seems to apply in Dragon Ball or cartoons' logic. I think that instead of the rushed time gap from Battle of Gods to Resurrection 'F' (where Gohan goes from Mystic/Ultimate to a full slim/weakling nerd) there should've been an episode (maybe after the Galbi vs. Hercule episode) where Gohan & Videl went to a "reunion" with Sharpner & Erasa who are now a couple. They bring up some memories, it turns out Erasa is now a rising star fashion persona while Sharpner became a very successful pro Baseball player, they invite Gohan & Videl to a match between Sharpner's team: Satan City Devils & Yamcha's West City Titans (they're amazed that Yamcha, who's a star, knows Gohan & Videl) where there's a close competition between the two stars as Yamcha avoid using ki against mere humans. OFC there should be some funny scenario within like the Pilaf Gang try to get their hands on a Dragon Ball that was taken into a mole's layer underneath the field but can't catch it as the game goes on the field (at the end they obtain the ball that will be eventually stolen by Sorbet & Tagoma along the rest).
Kinda connects to my old thread, only these are canon character.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: A missed chance of showing us Sharpner & Erasa's whereabouts?

Post by Alee9977 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:33 pm

It could have been good to know they whereabouts but honestly, I don't care about those characters neither Lunch. I prefer seeing things from all the other universes or even know how is Future Trunks life with his other self right now.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:28 pm

Meh, it'd be about the same as asking for an episode dedicated to showing what happened to Boss Rabbit. Question is, would anyone really care to see?

Hell, an episode dedicated to the Tenkaichi Budokai announcer would be more entertaining and interesting.

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Asura wrote:Meh, it'd be about the same as asking for an episode dedicated to showing what happened to Boss Rabbit. Question is, would anyone really care to see?

Hell, an episode dedicated to the Tenkaichi Budokai announcer would be more entertaining and interesting.
Now that you mentioned it, what happened to Boss Rabbit? :lol: Would he still be on the Moon or would he have travelled through space to another planet, terrorising people with his carrot powers :lol:

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:55 pm

TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:
Asura wrote:Meh, it'd be about the same as asking for an episode dedicated to showing what happened to Boss Rabbit. Question is, would anyone really care to see?

Now that you mentioned it, what happened to Boss Rabbit? :lol: Would he still be on the Moon or would he have travelled through space to another planet, terrorising people with his carrot powers :lol:
Lets just say it's been a rough couple of years for ol' Boss Rabbit...

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:49 am

TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:

Dragon Ball: Adventure Special wrote:Since Jackie Chun blew away the moon, what’s happened to the Rabbit Gang?
They’re drifting through space.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:04 am

I dunno about an entire episode dedicated to seeing them, but I'd be fine with them appearing in a slice-of-life filler type episode alongside Gohan and Videl, sure. It's always seemed weird to me how little they ended up mattering given they made the cut for the final shot off 'WE GOTTA POWER'.

And it's certainly possible we'll see them too. I mean, Super remembered the random actor that Boo turned into for like five seconds for crying out loud.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:31 pm

Wouldn't they be 22+ years old now like Gohan/Videl? They're probably working.

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:

Dragon Ball: Adventure Special wrote:Since Jackie Chun blew away the moon, what’s happened to the Rabbit Gang?
They’re drifting through space.
Space Adventures of the Rabbit Gang? :lol:

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:36 pm

Personally, I always had the headcanon that Erasa and Sharpner DID get married, are very successful (though nowhere close to Gohan's level of success), and that they agreed to be Pan's GODPARENTS, in the event that something were to happen to BOTH Gohan AND Videl (i.e. PERMA-DEATH), and no set of Dragon Balls could undo the damage.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:02 pm

There seems to be a trend in Erasa fanart...

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

GreatWyrmGold

Post by GreatWyrmGold » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:57 am

Marco Polo wrote:There seems to be a trend in Erasa fanart...

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Why do people ship characters who have never met, or even showed up in the same arc?
I have constructed a power level list for Dragon Ball Super. Feedback and constructive criticism are appreciated!

YajirobiTheGreat
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YajirobiTheGreat » Sun May 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Alee9977 wrote:It could have been good to know they whereabouts but honestly, I don't care about those characters neither Lunch. I prefer seeing things from all the other universes or even know how is Future Trunks life with his other self right now.
Israelite Wolfman wrote:I kinda wonder what have happened to these two who used to be close friends of Videl while growing up in Satan City but are now MIA in Dragon Ball Super. I know that statistically each person loses half of their friends every 7 years but that's doesn't seems to apply in Dragon Ball or cartoons' logic. I think that instead of the rushed time gap from Battle of Gods to Resurrection 'F' (where Gohan goes from Mystic/Ultimate to a full slim/weakling nerd) there should've been an episode (maybe after the Galbi vs. Hercule episode) where Gohan & Videl went to a "reunion" with Sharpner & Erasa who are now a couple. They bring up some memories, it turns out Erasa is now a rising star fashion persona while Sharpner became a very successful pro Baseball player, they invite Gohan & Videl to a match between Sharpner's team: Satan City Devils & Yamcha's West City Titans (they're amazed that Yamcha, who's a star, knows Gohan & Videl) where there's a close competition between the two stars as Yamcha avoid using ki against mere humans. OFC there should be some funny scenario within like the Pilaf Gang try to get their hands on a Dragon Ball that was taken into a mole's layer underneath the field but can't catch it as the game goes on the field (at the end they obtain the ball that will be eventually stolen by Sorbet & Tagoma along the rest).
Kinda connects to my old thread, only these are canon character.
I want all of these things.