Gohan's hair - Movie 8 & Cell Game

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DemonKingPiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by DemonKingPiccolo » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:40 pm

I always noticed that it looked quite a bit shorter in movie 8 then in the series. The back especially, in the series you'll notice that the back is "arched" more then in the movie, not to mention the locks themselves are longer.

Also the different styling could be explained by the simple fact that Goku cut Gohan's hair, and he's probably no hair stylist. When he cut Gohan's hair, I have no doubt that it was probably a hack job of some sort. Goku's never had to cut hair because his doesn't grow.

Also I believe that Goku cut Gohan's hair, but it grew quite a bit since he cut it, to the time of the Cell games.
"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And it's filled with people who are filled with shit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it."
~Sweeney Todd

SuperVegito17
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SuperVegito17 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:33 am

In the Cell Games, there are more , like, marks and outlines to the hair, or what they call in Wikipedia to be "finer" hair, than that in Movie 8. I think it is only because of different animation team.

Speaking of which, in Wikipedia, it is mentioned that at Full Power Super Saiyan level, they have "finer" hair, like Gohan in Cell Games. But I always thought that it was because Mr. Toriyama decided to change his drawing style a bit....
my latest Music Video -> http://stage6.divx.com/user/SuperVegito17/blog/

Dragon Ball Daisuki
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragon Ball Daisuki » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:01 am

Yes. It's hard to describe, but there's more "detail" to the hair in the higher SSJ levels. The hair is overall more angular, defined, "streaky". I don't think this is a stylistic choice. Logic dictates there has to be some overall consistency to the SSJ levels. Which has led me to believe no one was using the Full Power Saiya-jin mode in Movie 8.

By the way, that hair looks completely different. I must be seeing different images than most of you guys. 8)