Would a Super Saiyan Blue have been born if a Super Saiyan had fused with a Super Saiyan God?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would a Super Saiyan Blue have been born if a Super Saiyan had fused with a Super Saiyan God?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:17 pm

Through the Fusion Dance?

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Would a Super Saiyan Blue have been born if a Super Saiyan had fused with a Super Saiyan God?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Through the Fusion Dance?
i'd like to think so...
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Would a Super Saiyan Blue have been born if a Super Saiyan had fused with a Super Saiyan God?

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:35 am

I dont think so honestly but I can see myself being wrong on that.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:27 pm

no. i'm not sure how it would make sense. base ss, ss red, and ss blue are all quite different from each other.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:18 pm

I don't think so. That'd be like if a Super Saiyan fused with a Kaioshin and became a Super Saiyan Rose just because of the fusion.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Kastex wrote:no. i'm not sure how it would make sense. base ss, ss red, and ss blue are all quite different from each other.
Right...Goku could go SSJ and became SSG but he couldnt immediately go SSB.

Though we do see that Gotenks can go SSJ3 which is above the level of both kids. So I suppose a SSG fusing could maybe create a character so powerful it achieved the form.

I still say probably not.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:36 pm

SSB is a Super Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyan God according to the movies and the TV show. However, in the Toyotaroverse, it may be possible.
Retired.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:47 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Kastex wrote:no. i'm not sure how it would make sense. base ss, ss red, and ss blue are all quite different from each other.
Right...Goku could go SSJ and became SSG but he couldnt immediately go SSB.

Though we do see that Gotenks can go SSJ3 which is above the level of both kids. So I suppose a SSG fusing could maybe create a character so powerful it achieved the form.

I still say probably not.
gotenks had to learn ss3. he wasn't born with it. it was just a lot easier for him to learn it than it would be if they were not fused.

EDIT: besides, it was clear that they had to go through training to learn how to reach ss blue. it's a form different from red that doesn't come simply by increasing power. the super saiyan transformations are techniques. it makes more sense for them to be learned.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:32 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:SSB is a Super Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyan God according to the movies and the TV show. However, in the Toyotaroverse, it may be possible.
So why didn''t Goku immediately turn blue the moment he went SSJ during his fight with Beerus?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:56 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:SSB is a Super Saiyan with the power of a Super Saiyan God according to the movies and the TV show. However, in the Toyotaroverse, it may be possible.
So why didn''t Goku immediately turn blue the moment he went SSJ during his fight with Beerus?
Why would he? He wasn't using his god power anymore, he had simply reached a new level by the initial experience of being a god. Even if you have a problem with it, take that up with Goku and Vegeta, who've explicitly described the transformation this way multiple times.
Retired.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:04 am

Goku didn't get it during his fight with Beerus because the Super Saiyan God power wasn't fully merged with him yet. He had red hair then lost it and became a Super Saiyan. This, however, was the SSG power partially merging with him. When he fights the sun ball and turns black-haired Base the SSG power has completed its merge. Now he is a Saiyan with the power of Super Saiyan God. This is why we see the powerful Base form in RoF, but not the powerful yellow Super Saiyan form ever again in the series. That was just a momentary pit stop transition of the power into his Base form because he had SS1 right before he went SSG during the ritual. Like, if he was only in Base during the ritual I can imagine it would have gone Base --> SSG --> Base. Instead it went Base --> SS1 --> SSG --> SS1 --> Base.

He could either have become blue by transforming after getting the SSG power in Base ... or transform into a Super Saiyan while being an SSG.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:24 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
He wasn't using his god power anymore,
He except he was. He wouldn't have been able to trade blows with Beerus otherwise. He had absorbed the power of SSJ god into his being, which Beers himself pointed out. This made his SSJ form god tier. If ssh god power was in him, then he should have been blue.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:28 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
He wasn't using his god power anymore,
He except he was. He wouldn't have been able to trade blows with Beerus otherwise. He had absorbed the power of SSJ god into his being, which Beers himself pointed out. This made his SSJ form god tier. If ssh god power was in him, then he should have been blue.
I replied to your post above. I hope it helps clear things up.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:31 am

AvatarReiko wrote:Except he was. He wouldn't have been able to trade blows with Beerus otherwise. He had absorbed the power of SSJ god into his being, which Beers himself pointed out.
I'm sorry, was this in the movie or the retelling? The closest thing I remember was Beerus saying that Goku "absorbed a new world into himself", or something to that effect, referring to the new level of power he had reached. However, that was not the actual explanation for how Goku retained his godly level of power. The actual explanation went something like "It seems that merely feeling that level of power brought you to new heights" (I may be remembering the dub version of that line, but I can't check atm), which simply implies that his body learned from its experience in a divine state.
Retired.