"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Envy
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Envy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:04 am

DrakenballP wrote:
Envy wrote:
DrakenballP wrote:
I don't know if I live in a different world than other people but I honestly have yet to see Yamcha be played as a joke character. I've certainly seen the memes people come up with, but that's not Toriyama..
I just think that the Yamcha jokes feel forced.

But I guess that's just kind of Super's thing, isn't it? :lol:
Hey, I honestly think Yamcha needs love and needs to have his strength shown. He needs to be made into someone. He is a great character and it's upsetting to see the most we get of Yamcha involves his Baseball career.
That's the thing - his strength wouldn't be shown. Instead he'd quickly end up defeated in that pose on the ground and that'd be it.

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:11 am

Envy wrote:
DrakenballP wrote:
Envy wrote:
I just think that the Yamcha jokes feel forced.

But I guess that's just kind of Super's thing, isn't it? :lol:
Hey, I honestly think Yamcha needs love and needs to have his strength shown. He needs to be made into someone. He is a great character and it's upsetting to see the most we get of Yamcha involves his Baseball career.
That's the thing - his strength wouldn't be shown. Instead he'd quickly end up defeated in that pose on the ground and that'd be it.
Was it not shown he has the durability of SS3 or stronger? I think that he would be fine and not a laughing stock.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:14 am

My idea on what will happen:

- U9 is disqualified for not having enough members and for trying to destroy Universe 7 before the Tournament starts
- U3 & 10 fights first and loses
- U7 fights U11 & U2 and wins
- U4 & U6 will fight U7 and Frost works with Freeza to beat U7
- Frost realize how terrible Freeza is as a person and changes his ways to become good (Frost becomes the Freeza that Goku wanted Freeza to be)
- U6 wins and wishes back Universe 7
- The next arc begins.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:17 am

Honestly, if there's going to be team up's, I think it will be the established relationship of U6 and U7, with U9 and U10 taken out quickly (already had a showing and 'hopeless team')

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:19 am

precita wrote: If anything it makes more sense for Freeza. Why should he care about U7? Now that he knows there are other universes out there he could potentially try to take over other ones if he got the chance
How's he going to take over other universes when he's dead and literally on borrowed time? He doesn't know if those other universes have Dragon Balls, and as he said himself he's likely not going to ever get the opportunity to use the Super Dragon Balls even if he happens to choose the winning team.

It's just not a very practical or strategic choice at all. U7 was his best shot at getting revived because of the promise Goku made.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:19 am

From what I was told that Rysei Kakao hinted Freeza and Frost working together in Super. So U4 and U6 being in a group team makes sense if you ask me.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:21 am

So I had a thought, assuming the leaks are real what if Freeza is going double agent. He knows Goku is too good to not keep his promise, so what if he accepts U4 proposal to join their team only so he can betray them in the tournament, knocking them down to 9 fighters and probably sneak attacking some of their fighters before the reveal that he's not actually working with them. This would also further push the "U7 are the villains" narrative. Freeza playing dirty and essentially giving U7 11 fighters could be an interesting twist.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:23 am

ArchedThunder wrote:So I had a thought, assuming the leaks are real what if Freeza is going double agent. He knows Goku is too good to not keep his promise, so what if he accepts U4 proposal to join their team only so he can betray them in the tournament, knocking them down to 9 fighters and probably sneak attacking some of their fighters before the reveal that he's not actually working with them. This would also further push the "U7 are the villains" narrative. Freeza playing dirty and essentially giving U7 11 fighters could be an interesting twist.
I was thinking about exactly the same thing.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:29 am

ArchedThunder wrote:So I had a thought, assuming the leaks are real what if Freeza is going double agent. He knows Goku is too good to not keep his promise, so what if he accepts U4 proposal to join their team only so he can betray them in the tournament, knocking them down to 9 fighters and probably sneak attacking some of their fighters before the reveal that he's not actually working with them. This would also further push the "U7 are the villains" narrative. Freeza playing dirty and essentially giving U7 11 fighters could be an interesting twist.

While it's an interesting thought, I doubt it would play out like that. Just based off Freeza's character, he would probably be easily bribed by Quitela to join U4. Quitela probably gives him some BS promise that he won't keep anyway and it'll make him join. Frieza HATES Goku and Vegeta more than anything. If there was a chance he could get something better (via a possible lie from Quitela) and get to fight Goku, then I'm sure he'd take it. Besides, Quitela will probably mention to him that the other universes are also going to be going after U7. This will make Frieza think that it'll be much easier for him to get a shot in at Goku.

Now if he DOES happen to be a double agent, I will literally be in awe. I just don't see him as a character doing that though.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:41 am

This needs to happen. I would love for Frieza to subtly try to injure Universe 4 team members.

Also, Universe 7 and Universe 11 are like the Golden State Warriors and the Cleveland Cavaliers. This tournament is basically gonna come down to them, just like the NBA Playoffs came down to those two.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:45 am

DainIronfoot wrote:

While it's an interesting thought, I doubt it would play out like that. Just based off Freeza's character, he would probably be easily bribed by Quitela to join U4. Quitela probably gives him some BS promise that he won't keep anyway and it'll make him join. Frieza HATES Goku and Vegeta more than anything. If there was a chance he could get something better (via a possible lie from Quitela) and get to fight Goku, then I'm sure he'd take it. Besides, Quitela will probably mention to him that the other universes are also going to be going after U7. This will make Frieza think that it'll be much easier for him to get a shot in at Goku.

Now if he DOES happen to be a double agent, I will literally be in awe. I just don't see him as a character doing that though.
Freeza would not be smart if he were so easily convinced by a God of Destruction that he tried to kill him, with a proposition in a universe he does not even know. He already has the resurrection virtually guaranteed if he stays on the team in universe 7, he would not have to betray them now

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:53 am

The problem is that betraying universe 7 would be a really stupid move from Frieza, more so considering the fact that he was promised to be resurrected.

Frieza is probably going to fuck over Universe 4 and its god of Destruction.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:57 am

Envy wrote: That's the thing - his strength wouldn't be shown. Instead he'd quickly end up defeated in that pose on the ground and that'd be it.
They already did that in the baseball episode, they're not going to do that again. Also if they're actually gone to the trouble to keep Yamcha entering a secret after like 6 months to the point where this had to have been planned all along, they obvious have something planned for him. If it was just for Yamcha, or the other humans, to get knocked out immediately or quickly...why the hell would they put this huge charade on and go through all this trouble?

Literally makes no sense otherwise. You're telling me they've gone 6 months keeping Yamcha's entry a secret, only to turn around and have him enter, just to knock him out immediately? Probably the dumbest thing they could do and would be even more insulting then him just not entering.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:15 am

Episode title for 95 is different from the leak.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:19 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Episode title for 95 is different from the leak.
Members of Universe 9 arrive to Universe 7's Earth to target Freeza. Goku and Freeza are forced to struggle with the belligerent party whilst Universe 4's God of Destruction, Quitela, comes up with a secret plan.
Seems pretty similar in terms of description

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:21 am

They're pretty similar, but you have to wonder why the titles would be so different. It's too soon for me to say conclusively what I think, but I wouldn't be making any assumptions in either direction quite yet.
Retired.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:26 am

Why Freeza? Why'd you pull a Kevin Durant on me? Goku promised you ressurection.

Just so uninteresting, I was only down with Freeza because I want to see how he would mesh with U7. Would have been a refreshing change.

Freeza deserves to disappear forever after this is all done.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:26 am

shadowmaria wrote:
Similar, but they don't use similar wording either. The basic idea could have been guessed from what we know already about 94. The actual descriptions are different.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:29 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
shadowmaria wrote:
Similar, but they don't use similar wording either. The basic idea could have been guessed from what we know already about 94.
It's also crossed my mind. Anyone probably could've guessed this episode within a fairly small margin of error, and the lack of any contradictions could easily and believably be attributed to coincidence.
Retired.