Female Super Saiyan 4?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Female Super Saiyan 4?

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:42 am

I'm posting this in the General Franchise forum because though it would originate in Xenoverse 2, I think it would set the form in stone should it be achieved by other female characters in mangas, video games and various other forms of media.

That being said, when it comes to sexualizing females, that's been toned down drastically since the days before King Piccolo. Knowing how the SS4 transformation works (character becomes a topless furry despite clothing) I have my doubts that if the outfit works on females (and that's a big if at this point) it won't likely be accepted by fans.

If they go the most accurate route, fans praise the decision while parents scream "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU SHOWING MY KIDS!?"

If they censor it with fur, i'm sure the parents would be happy. But we all know the fan base, us in other words, would be absolutely livid.

That being said, we know that they have to cover the females up some. Call it cencorship, but it has to be done. Knowing this, how far is too far?

I know this image isn't exactly appropriate for work, but it's safe. I would like to see something along these lines. Maybe just a bit more fur for decency sake, but this is a good blueprint I'd say. Also yes, this is Caulifla.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Is this wishful thinking, or is it possible? If female CaCs can use the SS4 outfit parts, then I guess we'll know soon.

But I'll say this. If they cop out and just use that black tube top style bra again, then (Spoilered for censorship sake)[spoiler]I'm gonna sic Jim Fucking Sterling on their asses.[/spoiler]

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Female Super Saiyan 4?

Post by Cipher » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:47 am

Super Saiyan 4 already comes with a magical built-in modesty-savor (pants), so I think it would continue to be the prudish transformation it is and magically provide female users with either some fortuitously placed fur covering or a sports bra.

We all know that in reality every user of Super Saiyan 4 should be battling nude and proud.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:52 am

Cipher wrote:Super Saiyan 4 already comes with a magical built-in modesty-savor (pants), so I think it would continue to be the prudish transformation it is and magically provide female users with either some fortuitously placed fur covering or a sports bra.

We all know that in reality every user of Super Saiyan 4 should be battling nude and proud.
I'd be fine with fur, just so long as she shows some decent skin. Goku and Vegeta do, so it's accurate to the transformation.

A full furred chest won't suffice here and neither would too much fur either. There's a hard to define line here.

DrakenballP
Beyond Newbie

Post by DrakenballP » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:58 am

"What the heck are you showing my kids!" we ask about a show with a lot of vulgar language, blood, and mild-perversion. I'm blaming Roshi for it.

I believe that due to the nature of SSJ4, that image seems like a suiting design.
"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" - Goku.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:40 am

In a show dominated by male protagonists, I dont think a female character would ever be allowed to even "stand" next to Goku/Veggie during the intro/outro, eye catches. To say nothing abt Female SSJ4

Guess female (Pan comes to the mind) would be wearing pinkish/reddish bra to match her fur complexions

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:13 am

I am ok with this :oops: *saved*

Is covering her nipples really censoring in this case? Since we don't see nipples on Goku or Vegeta either.

By the way, who did the drawing?

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:30 am

mute_proxy wrote:I am ok with this :oops: *saved*

Is covering her nipples really censoring in this case? Since we don't see nipples on Goku or Vegeta either.

Do anime male protagonists even have nipples? Except Goku, I dont remember any major shounen leads PAST (Yusuke, Kenshin, Naruto, Ichigo) or PRESENT (Luffy) having large builds to the extent having their muscular pectoralis major popping with well-defined tits.

Hentai is different case ofc.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:14 am

Ha Ha furry boobies

Now that's out of the way, I do agree with a previous post, it does seem to have magical tendencies. Afterall, how did Goku and Vegeta get pants when they were clearly ripped off when they went in their ape form. Also how their original clothes come back when they transform back into their base form.It's a super saiyan transformation with Piccolo's clothe's beam.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:51 am

That's probably more or less how it would look. Does anyone think we'll get one in Heroes ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:07 am

Dragon Ball plays by its own logic so sure (magic pants!), female ssj4s could have fur that covers part of their breasts and all of their nipples for modesty purposes--all audiences tv show and such.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by successoroffate » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:12 am

There's a problem with Caulifla going SS4, she doesn't have a tail. Also, as far as we know, U6 Saiyans can't turn Oozaru. So, for them to reach SS4, It would have to be achieved by different means. Is it possible to have a female SS4? Absolutely.
However, I've been crying since DB Super started that I wanted Goku/Gohan/Vegeta to go SS4 in Super. If someone else (someone else meaning someone from another universe) reaches 4 before any of the U7 Saiyans, then that's going to piss me off.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:17 am

GreatSaiyaJeff wrote:Ha Ha furry boobies

Now that's out of the way, I do agree with a previous post, it does seem to have magical tendencies. Afterall, how did Goku and Vegeta get pants when they were clearly ripped off when they went in their ape form. Also how their original clothes come back when they transform back into their base form.It's a super saiyan transformation with Piccolo's clothe's beam.
Eh, maybe Goku and Vegeta picked it up from Piccolo?

At any rate, you have a point, and it worries me because of what that could mean.

I mean if they add in the bra when wearing the Gi tops now, (they didn't with some in Xenoverse 1) then just how far are they willing to go here?

I can hear the design team now...

Boss: "Goku's pants ripped off, but he still wore them in the form! Keep the bra! Simple as that!"
Designer: "But Goku didn't keep his previous shirt! It's inaccurate!"
Boss: "Goku's one character."
Designer: "Vegeta did it too!"
Boss: "Look, I've got two great reasons to put the bra on females. 1: Social backlash. 2: I'm your boss and I said so."

Also:
mute_proxy wrote:I am ok with this :oops: *saved*

I found the artist here: http://www.imgrum.org/user/loli.10ig/4763146062
successoroffate wrote:There's a problem with Caulifla going SS4, she doesn't have a tail. Also, as far as we know, U6 Saiyans can't turn Oozaru. So, for them to reach SS4, It would have to be achieved by different means. Is it possible to have a female SS4? Absolutely.
However, I've been crying since DB Super started that I wanted Goku/Gohan/Vegeta to go SS4 in Super. If someone else (someone else meaning someone from another universe) reaches 4 before any of the U7 Saiyans, then that's going to piss me off.
This isn't about the U6 saiyans going SS4 or any of that. I just picked a good (great) image to show my idea of how SS4 should be portrayed.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:26 am

I think that after that initial transformation, they should have just kept their clothes as-is. I mean, it's not like they turned into a Great Ape each time they transformed into Super Saiyan 4 after the first time. So fusion and Super Saiyan 4 have been shown to magically add clothes -- it might not make sense in-universe, but obviously they couldn't have naked people running around. So it makes sense.

As for a female Super Saiyan 4... I mean it could be either, I guess. They could either put some sort of top on them or they could cover their chest in fur. But I'll tell you right now: There's no way that they'd show as much skin as that picture if it was just covered by fur. I'm sure it would be a lot more modest.

But this discussion is kind of premature because I don't think that we're going to have Super Saiyan 4 -- let alone a female Super Saiyan 4 in Super. And if we do, who says they can't change the rules and keep their original clothes? I mean it would make much more sense and they can finally right something that so many fans have felt was wrong over the years. Then again, it's Super, so... righting wrongs isn't exactly their forte from what I gather.
If they censor it with fur, i'm sure the parents would be happy. But we all know the fan base, us in other words, would be absolutely livid.
Uh... I wouldn't be. I wouldn't see the point of gratuitous nakedness. While we speak of equality in the transformation between male Super Saiyan 4s and female ones, male and female bodies are much different, so the same rules don't necessarily have to apply. I always felt that Dragon Ball wasn't the type of anime for people to go to in order to get their drawn naked girls' fix... But oh well. No, I don't think many would care, but I could be wrong.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:32 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:I think that after that initial transformation, they should have just kept their clothes as-is. I mean, it's not like they turned into a Great Ape each time they transformed into Super Saiyan 4 after the first time. So fusion and Super Saiyan 4 have been shown to magically add clothes -- it might not make sense in-universe, but obviously they couldn't have naked people running around. So it makes sense.

As for a female Super Saiyan 4... I mean it could be either, I guess. They could either put some sort of top on them or they could cover their chest in fur. But I'll tell you right now: There's no way that they'd show as much skin as that picture if it was just covered by fur. I'm sure it would be a lot more modest.

But this discussion is kind of premature because I don't think that we're going to have Super Saiyan 4 -- let alone a female Super Saiyan 4 in Super. And if we do, who says they can't change the rules and keep their original clothes? I mean it would make much more sense and they can finally right something that so many fans have felt was wrong over the years. Then again, it's Super, so... righting wrongs isn't exactly their forte from what I gather.
Uh... I wouldn't be. I wouldn't see the point of gratuitous nakedness. While we speak of equality in the transformation between male Super Saiyan 4s and female ones, male and female bodies are much different, so the same rules don't necessarily have to apply. I always felt that Dragon Ball wasn't the type of anime for people to go to in order to get their drawn naked girls' fix... But oh well. No, I don't think many would care, but I could be wrong.
I guess I phrased that part wrong. of course they should cover it. It only makes sense. Yes, it would be censorship, but some is needed.

What I was meaning was using too much fur, showing little to none of the breasts, or hell, just furring her from the neck down. Can you say you would be happy with either of those choices? Or using the black bra for that matter?

Also, I doubt SS4 will come to super as well. Anytime soon at least. However, I was mostly referring to the SS4 costume parts coming to Xenoverse 2 soon. They've already been announced. I think both a Goku version and Vegeta version.

Kinda surprised VegettoEX doesn't have a news post about it. Popular DB youtubers have already gone over the translations of the scans.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:48 pm

Cipher wrote:SWe all know that in reality every user of Super Saiyan 4 should be battling nude and proud.
Maybe the first time after they go through Golden Oozaru but after that, when they just transform straight into SSJ4 there's no reason why they shouldn't just be keeping their previous clothes
successoroffate wrote:If someone else (someone else meaning someone from another universe) reaches 4 before any of the U7 Saiyans, then that's going to piss me off.
Why? They already 'got' it 20 years ago. And they're the only Saiyans consistiently getting newer and newer forms. Who cares if some other Saiyan gets SSJ4 form/design in Super? Goku and Vegeta are propped and pampered in this series enough as it is, they don't need to retain exclusively or preferential treatement on everything for crying out loud

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:03 pm

I like my women hairy.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:44 pm

cheddarsword wrote:What I was meaning was using too much fur, showing little to none of the breasts, or hell, just furring her from the neck down. Can you say you would be happy with either of those choices? Or using the black bra for that matter?
Yeah, I really wouldn't care about that. I don't need any nudity in this. This series isn't for that, thus I wouldn't be all upset. As long as it looked cool, the hell do I care how much of the boob is covered?

I don't know, I never went gaga for cartoon nudity. "Ooh! Bulma's boobs! *Drool*" was never me. I see where you're coming from, but you posed a direct question to me about being happy that they don't have them basically close to topless -- I wouldn't be "happy," but I wouldn't be upset either. I'd get it, and I wouldn't mind it. And they probably would cover it up with a bra because after all, they gave the guys pants, why not? I guess I look at it differently. Regardless, even if it is all fur, as I mentioned before, chances are that a lot of the boob area would be covered and it most certainly wouldn't look like the first picture.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:56 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:What I was meaning was using too much fur, showing little to none of the breasts, or hell, just furring her from the neck down. Can you say you would be happy with either of those choices? Or using the black bra for that matter?
Yeah, I really wouldn't care about that. I don't need any nudity in this. This series isn't for that, thus I wouldn't be all upset. As long as it looked cool, the hell do I care how much of the boob is covered?

I don't know, I never went gaga for cartoon nudity. "Ooh! Bulma's boobs! *Drool*" was never me. I see where you're coming from, but you posed a direct question to me about being happy that they don't have them basically close to topless -- I wouldn't be "happy," but I wouldn't be upset either. I'd get it, and I wouldn't mind it. And they probably would cover it up with a bra because after all, they gave the guys pants, why not? I guess I look at it differently. Regardless, even if it is all fur, as I mentioned before, chances are that a lot of the boob area would be covered and it most certainly wouldn't look like the first picture.
Alright then. Let me pose the question like this.

Considering that the form is known to have a non fur covered chest area, would it bother you to see the area covered with more fur than needed for decency purposes?

If they did, then it would be inaccurate to the form. I get that it's a female and that they have to do some covering for decency, but to go beyond what is needed for decency sake may anger a large number of people for the simple fact that it's not accurate to the form and they would (correctly) argue that it was done for censorship purposes.

The bra would be blatant censorship and with the option to use fur instead, using it also serves no purpose other than to be a lazy cop out. At least in my opinion.

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:02 pm

Not a big fan of the original SSJ4, but this is something I'd like to see. The main problems I have with SSJ4 are the rosey fur and red eyeliner, but this fan art shows that a female saiyan can pull those features off with style.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:52 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Alright then. Let me pose the question like this.

Considering that the form is known to have a non fur covered chest area, would it bother you to see the area covered with more fur than needed for decency purposes?

If they did, then it would be inaccurate to the form. I get that it's a female and that they have to do some covering for decency, but to go beyond what is needed for decency sake may anger a large number of people for the simple fact that it's not accurate to the form and they would (correctly) argue that it was done for censorship purposes.

The bra would be blatant censorship and with the option to use fur instead, using it also serves no purpose other than to be a lazy cop out. At least in my opinion.
Again, I wouldn't care either way. Male and female bodies are different, so what's so illogical about different hair patterns of growth? Or if the guys get pants, what's wrong with the girls getting a bra? The pants were also censorship in a way, so what's wrong?

I'm not the kind of guy that would be upset if they didn't show boobs. That's just not me.