"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:03 am

cheddarsword wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:sorry for the DP, but why does it say 2017 8 14? Is that the release date for the DLC? If so, damn that's gonna be a wait.
The switch port.
The swi... shit. The console I like the least (this gen) is getting it on my Bday. How's that for a fuck you from the universe? Though I suppose worse things could happen.

I just hope the switch version doesn't come with all the DLC. I payed quite a bit for the game and the DLC and I'd hate to see something I payed loads for just be given away like candy at a parade. Bugged me when they did that for Disgaea 5 as well.

Also, i heard mention of "oozaru" outfit parts. Is that supposed to be the SS4 parts or are they something else entirely?
I hear you! I preordered Xenoverse 2 for the preorder bonus of Goku Black, as the arc just started and I was hyped... The seller screwed up and I waited month, for him to finally give me the standard edition.
So I had to buy the preorder from PSN Store and as much dumbo as I am, I did bought the DLC's separately and not via season pass... So I already gave around 100 dollars (or rather will with fourth DLC) into this game in my currency, lol.
I don't know, if I really need to buy the last DLC just for standard Vegetto with blue hair and Zamasu/Black mash-up... will probably wait if the story is any fun.

Switch not only is getting XV2, but XV1 Story mode as well if I am right?
But it is nothing new, Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on Wii also got all those DLC characters that were standardly introduced in Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:14 pm

MegaBossMan wrote:Regardless, as a Switch user glad to see Xenoverse 2 coming soon. I haven't bothered on buying a PS4/Xbox One so glad to have a Dragon Ball game coming to Switch (Especially FighterZ if I'm lucky! ^_^)
A switch user you say? Enjoy your lack of good games! As a PS4 user, I have plenty of those.

And FighterZ on a console that's at best as strong as ps3? :lol: In portable mode, the Switch wouldn't be able to carry the action. Hell, it may not be able to in docked mode! Kinda surprised they even bothered bringing Xenoverse 2 over considering how laggy it can be in the lobby on even ps4!

Listen, I was born and raised a Nintendo fan, but after the lack of good games on Wii and then Wii U, I got salty with Nintendo. I love Metroid and Zelda and even Mario games to a lesser extent (the magic just isn't as strong anymore for me). All that considered, the switch is the first Nintendo console that I've decided to either hold out on or skip entirely, and so far, I've not regretted that decision very much. I'm loving my PS4 as much as I loved my PS3 (which is quite a bit) and my backlog of games on it is pretty long.

And for the record, I don't play sports or shooters. Yeah, it's got that many good games that aren't sports or shooters. Think about that for a minute. EDIT: Oh yeah, guess I do play shooters just a bit. But only Paladins. I don't play it often, so I forgot I had it downloaded.

Also, HDefinitive ultra super value editions are great for newcomers, but it's a slap in the face to people who payed $80+ for a game and all of it's DLC. Or even $60 without the DLC. I myself bought the game itself for $60 which came standard with Goku Black, and then I bought the Season Pass for $30, totaling $90, not counting tax. And NOW people are getting that SAME CONTENT (as well as the Xenoverse 1 story I guess!?) for the flat $60.

At any rate, If it DOES have all the DLC and it releases August 14th, then we can assume that the DLC will drop before then. At least, in Japan.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:28 pm

cheddarsword wrote:A switch user you say? Enjoy your lack of good games! As a PS4 user, I have plenty of those.
Can we please not devolve into childish console war talk? This is not an elementary school playground. It is indeed possible to own multiple consoles, purchase specific consoles for specific reasons, etc.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:30 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:A switch user you say? Enjoy your lack of good games! As a PS4 user, I have plenty of those.
Can we please not devolve into childish console war talk? This is not an elementary school playground. It is indeed possible to own multiple consoles, purchase specific consoles for specific reasons, etc.
Just saying there's not much reason to own the switch. Sure there IS a reason, but it's a small one.

Well, I've had my say on the matter. I'll be awaiting that ban or whatever punishment you wish to deliver.

Final words: Yeah, it was worth it.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:51 pm

DaikoTheSaiyan wrote:Probably the new preset for trunks is the green coat
[spoiler]http://www.dragonballinsider.com/wp-con ... .04-PM.png[/spoiler]
I doubt it very much, that Trunks never used the Sword of Light (or Hope, whatever). Kid Trunks is probably going to have his yellow jacket.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Zero-ELEC

Post by Zero-ELEC » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:39 pm

cheddarsword wrote:And FighterZ on a console that's at best as strong as ps3? :lol: In portable mode, the Switch wouldn't be able to carry the action. Hell, it may not be able to in docked mode! Kinda surprised they even bothered bringing Xenoverse 2 over considering how laggy it can be in the lobby on even ps4!
You must have missed the part where Dragon Ball FighterZ producer said that tech is not an issue to run on the Switch. But that's neither here nor there.
cheddarsword wrote:And NOW people are getting that SAME CONTENT (as well as the Xenoverse 1 story I guess!?) for the flat $60.
Yes, because that's how games work. You don't release a version of the game on a new console after months of service and DLC and demand that people in the new one buy all the DLC. That's a good way to make sure your game doesn't sell.

You know for someone so opinionated on video games, you don't seem to know a whole lot about them or how they work.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Zero-ELEC wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:And FighterZ on a console that's at best as strong as ps3? :lol: In portable mode, the Switch wouldn't be able to carry the action. Hell, it may not be able to in docked mode! Kinda surprised they even bothered bringing Xenoverse 2 over considering how laggy it can be in the lobby on even ps4!
You must have missed the part where Dragon Ball FighterZ producer said that tech is not an issue to run on the Switch. But that's neither here nor there.
cheddarsword wrote:And NOW people are getting that SAME CONTENT (as well as the Xenoverse 1 story I guess!?) for the flat $60.
Yes, because that's how games work. You don't release a version of the game on a new console after months of service and DLC and demand that people in the new one buy all the DLC. That's a good way to make sure your game doesn't sell.

You know for someone so opinionated on video games, you don't seem to know a whole lot about them or how they work.
I've been gaming for 26 years. I think I know a thing or two about how games work and how they SHOULD work. I would say your run the risk of alienating your current audience by saying "Fuck what you bought, these noobs get freebies!" but I know that people (me included to be fair) are stupid enough to just keep buying into that shit.

And as for the switch's tech not being a problem to run the game, that actually has me interested as to how a game can look so good and crisp on a console as strong as a PS4 yet be playable with no hindrance on what is essentially a mobile PS3. I guess it's not as graphically demanding as it looks? I gotta say, this is interesting to me as I play Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2 and this game looks even better than it does (graphically).

Also, I missed that part because I just haven't been keeping up with E3 much. Most of my knowledge of DBF comes from Maximillian Dood. Interestingly enough, he's claiming that it will likely be a competitor for MVCI. His interest in the game is quite high I must say.

I am curious as to why the game isn't headed for Switch though.

Oh and for the record, If enough exclusive games that interest me come to the switch, I'm more than willing to drop the green on it. Same goes for XB1. But I'm going to hold out. I did for the PS4, I will for the Switch.

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:17 am

Switch is not a competitive console. It's a console for people like me who need my games portable. If BOTW wasn't portable I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much, or even had the time to beat it. Switch is the most value for price to power portable device on the market. As for the specs it's stronger then the Wii U which was basically a PS3. It's a lot stronger then you give it credit for. Nintendo have said it's easy to port too as well from a PC so any company that aren't doing ports simply don't see a market, or have yet to figure out how to optimise the game for the hardware. Either way there is no need to resort to petty insults simply cause a competing game console is getting a complete version of a game that you wish you could have gotten. We've got a portable console which will soon have the most critically acclaimed Zelda game, Mario Kart game, the most anticipated Mario since Galaxy, the sequel to Xenoblade(My 3rd fav game of all time), Sonic Mania, 4 Player Kirby, Metroid Prime 4 and soon enough Smash Bros. We have plenty of good games and we can play them anywhere we want thank you.

As for the GOTY re-release model, yeah I've been burned by it before. Batman Arkham games mainly, but that's just how the current gaming market is and I'll accept it. As for XV2 with it, I loved this game for about a month, but between paid DLC being timelocked and having to be grinded for in order to get TP medals to get what I paid my hard earned real life money for. This is hands down the WORST gaming experience I've had in a long time. I regret ever spending $140 on this game. If Switch foregoes TP shop being time certain, then I will buy it.

Buying the Season pass and then finding out to get the Future Trunks Super gear I need to spend a good couple hours grinding TP medals, then wait for the right time to get them, which living in Australia is bullshit and just plain ridiculous. I'm honestly shocked there aren't more people complaining about this kinda thing.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:42 am

This happens all the time. One of the reasons that I am waiting for Complete edition of Injustice 2 :)
I did buy all the DLCs for Arkham Games on X360 and still not getting Knightfall costume or playable Joker, as it was PS3 exclusive, wanted to buy Arkham Knight as GOTY but that never went off because of bad rep after that PC dissaster.
But I've got Arkham games remastered on PS4 with everything, even Sony exclusives, and I am OK :)

It's not a scam, it's market. If you are unhappy about buying the DLC and later, complete game comes out, well what can you do? Shouldn't have bought the DLC in first place or whatever or live with it.
If people are buying, then everything is OK, even tough XV2's DLC were pretty lackluster so far.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:24 am

So, the live stream is tomorrow. What's the link to it again?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:44 am

Kanassa wrote:So, the live stream is tomorrow. What's the link to it again?
As provided on Bandai Namco US's Twitter. It's 4-5 PM PST (7-8 PM my time), but I'll be busy all day tomorrow, so I probably won't see it until that night or the next day.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:20 pm

A wild monkey appears!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Oh god, my Saiyan will finally look like a true Saiyan! :D Too bad for Tagoma's scouter, I really like him wearing it though. Must find someone else to wear it.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

We're gonna be able to do some Final Hope Slash on other NINGEN as well.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Future Trunks' Burning Strike.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Future Trunks' Double Masenko! YAY! :D

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Future Trunks with green pullover confirmed!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:24 pm

cheddarsword wrote: Just saying there's not much reason to own the switch. Sure there IS a reason, but it's a small one.
I'm guessing you missed Nintendo's E3 then. As Vegetto EX said, it's possible to have more than one. I have PS4 and am getting the Switch.
And I've been gaming almost as long as you say you have, so I'm shocked you didn't know that.

DaikoTheSaiyan

Post by DaikoTheSaiyan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:31 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
I doubt it very much, that Trunks never used the Sword of Light (or Hope, whatever). Kid Trunks is probably going to have his yellow jacket.

My prediction was right! haha

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:31 pm

Hey, I love my Switch and I have a PS4 as well. You can own both. Playing Mario Kart 8 and Breath of the Wild on the go is crazy awesome. Gonna be doing the same once Xenoverse 2 releases on the Switch.

And please for the love of god do not bring console war/console bashing here. That shit is so annoying.

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:49 pm

DaikoTheSaiyan wrote:
YonedgeHP wrote:

My prediction was right! haha
There are two new skin, but you're right also and I'm very happy to play as Sweater Trunks.
Last edited by YonedgeHP on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:02 am

Grimlock wrote:A wild monkey appears!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Oh god, my Saiyan will finally look like a true Saiyan! :D Too bad for Tagoma's scouter, I really like him wearing it though. Must find someone else to wear it.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

We're gonna be able to do some Final Hope Slash on other NINGEN as well.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Future Trunks' Burning Strike.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Future Trunks' Double Masenko! YAY! :D

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Future Trunks with green pullover confirmed!

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
For anybody wondering here is the full set of images, includes shots of the new Blue Goku, Blue Vegeta and Kid Trunks variations.
https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoUS/ ... 8224195629

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:32 am

Now that the green pullover is confirmed, I really want Kaioshin of Time to appear at the end of Future Trunks saga and gives him the black coat, thus becoming a Time Patroller. This connection of "two worlds" has to be made on-screen (and because Trunks needs to pay for his sins of time travelling constantly). If the anime didn't do it and probably Toyotaro won't do either, Xenoverse can't miss this opportunity. Or will Xenoverse state that Time Patroller Trunks isn't the same Trunks from the series somehow? Hope it's not the case.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:47 am

Grimlock wrote:Now that the green pullover is confirmed, I really want Kaioshin of Time to appear at the end of Future Trunks saga and gives him the black coat, thus becoming a Time Patroller. This connection of "two worlds" has to be made on-screen (and because Trunks needs to pay for his sins of time travelling constantly). If the anime didn't do it and probably Toyotaro won't do either, Xenoverse can't miss this opportunity. Or will Xenoverse state that Time Patroller Trunks isn't the same Trunks from the series somehow? Hope it's not the case.
I wouldn't be surprised if they say that Time Patrol Trunks is the Trunks from the new timeline that is created at the end of the arc, not the Trunks from the arc itself.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:57 am

Grimlock wrote:Now that the green pullover is confirmed, I really want Kaioshin of Time to appear at the end of Future Trunks saga and gives him the black coat, thus becoming a Time Patroller. This connection of "two worlds" has to be made on-screen (and because Trunks needs to pay for his sins of time travelling constantly). If the anime didn't do it and probably Toyotaro won't do either, Xenoverse can't miss this opportunity. Or will Xenoverse state that Time Patroller Trunks isn't the same Trunks from the series somehow? Hope it's not the case.
I'm still waiting on Trunks's Time Patrol coat to be available to CAC's. Wanted that since the first game.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]