Nice essay

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Thu May 20, 2004 1:38 am

laserkid wrote:Actually Beast Wars is surprisingly very very good stuff though its followup Beast Machinebs sucks big hairy goat balls.
Not to get even further off topic, but I remember that show had two different titles, "Beast Wars" and "Beasties". Why the heck did it need both?

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Thu May 20, 2004 10:21 am

Because in Canada you can't have a program with the word "war" in the title. For some reason. Hey, consider it a quirk.

And I would enjoy Armada for the fighting and the pretty explosions, but the animation is so poor that it makes it impossible. Most fight sequences manage less than ten frames of animation between them.

And I had (have) give Cheetor action figures. Original, Transmetal (easily the best), Transmetal II, and Beast Machines, and Night Slash Cheetor (who sounds like he's come from an extremely dodgy fanfic).
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 pm

Have you noticed that the import Tranformers figure Catscan is just Beast Machines Cheetor coloured red and white? I mean how lazy can toy designers get! :?
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sat May 22, 2004 10:34 am

The Cheetor toys are about the most repainted and resold in Transformers history, although Dreadwing/Smokejumper isn't too far behind. And if we include foreign toys, then Tidal Wave has 3 versions with completely different colour schemes out now (US Armada, Japan Armada as Shockwave, US/Jap Energon), and he was only released last year.

If Takara/Hasbro did DBZ figures, then they'd just take Goten, darken the clothing slightly, and claim it to be Chibi Goku in alternative clothing.

(Did you see the save I did there?)
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat May 22, 2004 4:35 pm

Nice one Liam! :wink:
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."