Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

suomipoika
Not-So-Newbie

Post by suomipoika » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:02 pm

that's a good thing,right??
finland is best

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:23 pm

suomipoika wrote:that's a good thing,right??
Just for lameness, I don't think so. Piccolo Daimao as an altenate costume for Majunior in DBZ3 was one thing but it wouldn't really make sense to see San Xing Long shooting fire. He demonstrated enough special techniques to have his own move set anyway, because frankly, that'd be the only real difference between them (and most other characters, but whatever).

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:25 pm

Erm... where/when did you guys saw Eiz Shenron? I can't seem to find it at all.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:27 pm

DNA wrote:Erm... where/when did you guys saw Eiz Shenron? I can't seem to find it at all.
In the trailer that Humpski posted on page 20.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:36 pm

Yeah cute, I've seen it 3 times already and still haven't seen him. When? Where? I mean time, battle etc.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:38 pm

After rewatching it, I think I mistook him for Tambourine, sorry. :roll:

And, on a separate note, I really hope there is either a soundtrack, or a single released very soon.

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:50 pm

Beneath Chibi Buu in that big group picture, is it just me or does that look like Metamacha from Movie 4? Or am I mistaking him for transformed Garlic Jr.?
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:18 pm

TriforceCaptre wrote:Beneath Chibi Buu in that big group picture, is it just me or does that look like Metamacha from Movie 4? Or am I mistaking him for transformed Garlic Jr.?
That's what I thought at first as well, but since Medamatcha was about Oolong and Gohan's size in the movie, it can't really be him. So yeah, probably Garlic.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:22 pm

DNA wrote:Yeah cute, I've seen it 3 times already and still haven't seen him. When? Where? I mean time, battle etc.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d3_ma2nBugg
There ya go.

That guy has been uploading a lot of videos from the convention.
Here's his profile.
http://youtube.com/user/gsukocs
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:12 pm

kvon wrote:
gohanku wrote: Do I see Bio-Broly on that picture? The dark green looking thing.
Nah, that's probably just Super Garlic Jr.. I kind of hoped that it's him, though! And the orange gi looks great on Gohan. As cool as the "Dragon Fist" Chibi-Goku is using, something just doesn't flow. It might have something to do with them using a 2-D image within the game. The 2-D Ozaru image appearing in conjunction with Goku and Bardock's Ultimate Attack from Budokai 3 somehow seems pretty well integrated. Maybe the fault's with Spike's models. (Having played Spike's last two games bottom and out, I'm still not used to their character models. Budokai 3 is still the best looking, in my opinion.) And let me say one more thing, there's too much screenshots with crotch mutilation. As funny as they are, I would nag on them to fix the hit detection and related issues because I wouldn't want to play games that solely depends on harming the family jewel. :lol:
Why do you insist on bringing the budokai nonsense up cause it only leads to drama.The models look great. nice and slick and more acurate
Anyways I was wondering if Goku was gonna have his GT variton of his end of Z outfit with the gold pants....just a thought.

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:24 pm

HyperBlaze wrote: Why do you insist on bringing the budokai nonsense up cause it only leads to drama.The models look great. nice and slick and more acurate.
Why do insist on defending them? I don't think you're wrong for doing so, but everyone has a right to their opinion, and I also don't think it leads to much drama like you think. Sure it's been brought up a couple of times, but it sure ain't no wide screen debate, so no biggie. I, like some, don't like the character models & believe the Budokai ones look better. IMHO, the animations & effects are much better. They look more like the anime if anything else. Sparking!'s is just a style of it's own. It looks like fan art if anything. I'll admit some of the more recent designs they've been cranking out look much better than before. Either way, do what you will. It won't change anyone's respective opinions.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:27 pm

Why do you insist on bringing the budokai nonsense up cause it only leads to drama.The models look great. nice and slick and more acurate
Anyways I was wondering if Goku was gonna have his GT variton of his end of Z outfit with the gold pants....just a thought.
Yet no one had said anything up until this post, ironic eh? Does it really bug you knowing someone out there doesn't like the same thing you do? (Yeah I stole that from the podcast but it relates really well in this situation.)
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:36 pm

HyperBlaze wrote:Why do you insist on bringing the budokai nonsense up cause it only leads to drama.The models look great. nice and slick and more acurate
The only drama is you complaining about every single post with a remotely negative comment about the Sparking! trilogy. If it bothers you so much, ignore it, before you turn this into another GameFAQs thread and get it locked.
-Rachel

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:55 pm

New Trailer

I know it has already been posted, but I have some questions.

Was Hell confirmed to be a stage before this trailer? (1:40 in)

Anyone else think that that's the full song playing in the backround? If so...it's pretty awesome :P

I want hi-rez images of Movie 9 Gohan...

JAKEMAN
Beyond Newbie

Post by JAKEMAN » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:15 pm

Things I noticed from the trailer:

Piccolo-Daimao has a move where he spits out Drum

Pig-tail Videl is back :lol:
Remember these things I tell you
*Dragonball GT: The GT Stands for Good Tunes
DS Friend Code

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:31 pm

fps_anth wrote:Was Hell confirmed to be a stage before this trailer? (1:40 in)
Yes.

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:34 pm

Wow, Goku without his training weights on. Nice.(For proof, pause around 2:30-2:32)
Last edited by Sasuke_Chidori on Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
PLAY B3YOND.

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:37 pm

Awhile ago I made up a list of the characters I still wanted to see in the game to make it perfect for me. So far they're doing a good job!

Dragon Ball:
Kid Krillin
DB Yamcha (could be an alternate costume) CHECK!
General Blue
Assistant Black w/mecha
Android #8 (not necessary but would be cool nonetheless!)

Dragon Ball Z:
End of Z/GT Blue Gi Goku (alternate costume) CHECK!
Super Buu (Piccolo Absorbed)
DBZ Uub

Dragon Ball GT:

Kid Goku CHECK!
GT Trunks
GT Goten
Ledgic
Remaining "Evil Dragons" CHECK!...sorta, Eis is an alternate.

Movies:
Dr. Wheelo CHECK!
Sludgy Broly

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:42 pm

Future Gohan and Broli fight!
Kick ass.

From what I can tell Gohan only uses the one arm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI29TWliQfc

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Humpski wrote:
fps_anth wrote:Was Hell confirmed to be a stage before this trailer? (1:40 in)
Yes.
Well, damn, I never knew :P

As for the characters, it pisses me off to see that they are pretty much ignoring the Red Ribbon arc completely. I mean, we got Tao Pai Pai, but what about General Blue? And Kid Kuririn? Where's he? If there's kid Goku and Yamcha with his desert bandit costume, where's Kid Kuririn?

:roll: