Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:15 pm

suomipoika wrote:I just want Goku jr as a playable character! is that so hard to make my wish come true? :cry:
You'll just have to settle for the other 5 Goku's.
:P
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Son Gokuu

Post by Son Gokuu » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:16 pm

This is only a fighting game. The personality only will be on the CGs. Not on the ingame play.
San will be perfect if they put blue color to his ice attacks.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:32 pm

Is attacks were completly diferent, and the personality is shown in taunts, winning poses, intros, some attacks, the way of moving, etc etc etc.

Son Gokuu

Post by Son Gokuu » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:49 pm

San barely appeared in DBGT and you talk like he had been a main character ,lol.

I would like to see the Shû Shenron's honorability in the winning poses.
Last edited by Son Gokuu on Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:52 pm

You can say that about a truck load of characters that actually are in the game. San has more attacks in the small screen time he has then many characters that are in the game.

And maybe you will see his honorabilty, you just have to wait until the game comes out.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:01 pm

suomipoika wrote:I just want Goku jr as a playable character! is that so hard to make my wish come true? :cry:
Yes, because your wish is silly.

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:01 pm

We got way too much offered in this game to be selfishly cryin' c'mon now! :?

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:17 pm

Can anybody confirm whether or not this GameSpot article is correct or not?
GameSpot wrote:Here, you'll be able to insert previous Budokai Tenkaichi games and play them with Budokai Tenkaichi 3 characters.
I guess that sounds cool. No matter what the Disc Fusion System does though, I am strangling myself for selling the original "Budokai Tenkaichi". :(
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Demi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Demi » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:42 pm

kvon wrote:I am strangling myself for selling the original "Budokai Tenkaichi". :(
Why? It sucked shit. Tenkaichi 2 was a fun game which i could actually play, but the first was just so boring.

NECPS
Beyond Newbie

Post by NECPS » Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:43 pm

In that scan with Chi Chi I can see young Yamcha from the desert is that right?

With Kid Goku, Chi Chi, Yamcha, Kamesenin, Gohan gramps, Tao Pai Pai, Tambourine and Piccolo Daimao we´ve got a lot from the cast of Dragonball huh? Thats quite a dream. I hope Tenshin gets a costume too. More over, I really hope Kid Krillin shows up!

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:02 pm

NECPS wrote:In that scan with Chi Chi I can see young Yamcha from the desert is that right?

With Kid Goku, Chi Chi, Yamcha, Kamesenin, Gohan gramps, Tao Pai Pai, Tambourine and Piccolo Daimao we´ve got a lot from the cast of Dragonball huh? Thats quite a dream. I hope Tenshin gets a costume too. More over, I really hope Kid Krillin shows up!
There's also Pilaf!
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:07 pm

I found a really good looking battle that has SSJ3 GT Goku battling King Cold in Hell. (Yes, that IS the English version, and the stage is known as Hell in the game) It also has Future Gohan battling Nouva Shenron in the Muscle Tower arena.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dq3oUxogxb0
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

TheTET

Post by TheTET » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Nice vids and FINALLY we can oblitirate the enemies :D
I'm getting the game for sure

kvon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kvon » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:19 pm

Demi wrote:
kvon wrote:I am strangling myself for selling the original "Budokai Tenkaichi". :(
Why? It sucked shit. Tenkaichi 2 was a fun game which i could actually play, but the first was just so boring.
Yeah, I know it sucked shit (Kind of sucked less for me, though). But I was really curious what I can get out of the Disc Fusion.
kvon is an alternative name to Kevin

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:32 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:I found a really good looking battle that has SSJ3 GT Goku battling King Cold in Hell. (Yes, that IS the English version, and the stage is known as Hell in the game) It also has Future Gohan battling Nouva Shenron in the Muscle Tower arena.

Holey MOLEY was that SSj4 Dragon Fist awesome.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:50 pm

Now I know that many, if not all, Wii games are widescreen, but I really hope they add widescreen display as an option for the PS2 version too.

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:07 pm

kvon wrote:
Demi wrote:
Yeah, I know it sucked shit (Kind of sucked less for me, though). But I was really curious what I can get out of the Disc Fusion.
You get the Ultimate Battle modes from the previous two games. Depending on how this is accomplished (if it gets saved from the first time you do it or you have to do it everytime) you may get away with renting or borrowing it. Or if you want you can re-buy it used at EB/GS and return it for store credit within seven days.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

Son Gokuu

Post by Son Gokuu » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:21 pm

By the way, being the 3rd game the most complete of them... i don't know the fun on playing with the new characters at the old games.

If you have the Disc Fusion System is suposed you have the Sparking METEOR. In that case you already have those characters and a better storyline with better movements , etc.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:23 pm

Son Gokuu wrote:By the way, being the 3rd game the most complete of them... i don't know the fun on playing with the new characters at the old games.

If you have the Disc Fusion System is suposed you have the Sparking METEOR. In that case you already have those characters and a better storyline with better movements , etc.
Are you guys sure they don't mean the password system? As in importing your leveled up characters from one game to another.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:36 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:I found a really good looking battle that has SSJ3 GT Goku battling King Cold in Hell. (Yes, that IS the English version, and the stage is known as Hell in the game) It also has Future Gohan battling Nouva Shenron in the Muscle Tower arena.

:D The Super Saiyan-jin 4 Ryuken has to be my favorite variation of the Ryuken (though I still got love for the SS3 version 8) )

I'm lovin' that Chibi GT Goku :D

So SS3 Goku (late) has one (Hilderugran finish version), Chibi GT Goku has one (Super 17 finish version), SS3 Chibi GT Goku has one "possibly" do'nt know yet, and SS4 Goku has one (Shenron finish version) This is all very cool 8)

Future Gohan kicks ass too bad the guy playin' can't play all that great even though he's envolved in the games production :lol: He does'nt mix thing up very well and not as slick as me (self boast :D )

and HELL YEAH for obilteration!!! (I've been wantin' that since for ever :lol: )

WTF!!! is it me but why does it look like you can't "CHARGE" attacks anymore :cry: