"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote: Hit wasn't nerfed, the anime just overpowered him which is nothing new.
It's a weird situation Hit is in. I'm certain there is much more to how Dyspo speed power works. In the NEP, we see him fighting both SSJG Goku and Hit and he has the both of them on the ropes. The next episode is going to be super interesting.
Its ether Dyspo is so fast he can strike before the Time-Skip takes effect or like a super-speedster, he's perception of time his different to others.
I think he's basically The Flash. The strength of his attacks don't come from his raw power in itself. It comes from the fact he can move so fast he amply the strength of the his attacks by many multitudes. I'm sure Dyspo can punch hard, but with his super speed, that punch becomes like 100 or 1000 times more powerful.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 pm

I am utterly devastated for Gowasu.
How am I gonna feel like when U6 will be erased... guess I won't watch that episode a second time. :mrgreen:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:See, why couldn't the other episodes have been like the latter part of this one? Actually giving personality and some motivation to the fighters, matching them up with characters that they could bounce off from and having our characters think about the consequences of their actions and what each elimination actually entails. U9's erasure was almost completely ignored in comparison to this one.
Still pissed the whole Botama/Magetta combo was completely brushed aside. A good idea completely wasted.
Didn't they get separated when Kale went Super Saiyan Berseker mode?
I think so, but there's no reason to not stick together. They just separate for no reason afterwards. Magetta and Botamo stop teaming up....because...
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 pm

I like this ability...

Opni shifts his body's internal ki and movements around to mask his real position (so simply sensing his ki couldn't beat his afterimages).

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:47 pm

TRIZACK wrote:In memory of Gowasu. We knew this day was coming.

https://youtu.be/FAeT_LpIxyY
I guess a GodTube vlog can be created in memory. But still, Gowasu can be ressurected if the Super Dragon Balls have the ability to restore the erased universes and by extension, Universes 13-18 as it was the standard Dragon Balls were used.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Totamo wrote:
TheOne wrote:Gosh. They hardcore nerfed Hit. He's not even good enough to job to Jiren, but their third strongest fighter?? Geez. Hit is a thousand years old and they're making him seem like a freaking helpless child.
Hit wasn't nerfed, the anime just overpowered him which is nothing new.
It's a weird situation Hit is in. I'm certain there is much more to how Dyspo speed power works. In the NEP, we see him fighting both SSJG Goku and Hit and he has the both of them on the ropes. The next episode is going to be super interesting.
The problem is they established Goku as Hits rival on a couple occasions. Pretty much saying they're equal in strength. There was no reason to believe that Hit would fall far behind seeing as how he improved so drastically in a short amount of time. When they introduced Dyspo, there was absolutely nothing impressive about him. The monster made a statement about his speed but that was it. Then Toppo came up and saved him. Now all of a sudden Dyspo is a powerhouse when Toppo could've handled that monster alone. If they accidentally made Hit too strong, they could've just made Dyspo look like more of a BAMF during his introduction. Instead they "overpowered" one and "underpowered" the other. Which is just terrible writing.
How i predict the tournament will end:

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:48 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Still pissed the whole Botama/Magetta combo was completely brushed aside. A good idea completely wasted.
I think so, but there's no reason to not stick together. They just separate for no reason afterwards. Magetta and Botamo stop teaming up....because...
Maybe botamo elimination will serve a motivation for Magetta to get rid of his weakness
Mostly active on discord.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:49 pm

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:

I guess a GodTube vlog can be created in memory. But still, Gowasu can be ressurected if the Super Dragon Balls have the ability to restore the erased universes and by extension, Universes 13-18 as it was the standard Dragon Balls were used.
Enough with this theory.
Zeno made this tournament to get rid of the Universes he deems unworthy. So, he'd just destroy them again.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:49 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Maybe they couldn't find each other in time.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I like this ability...

Opni shifts his body's internal ki and movements around to mask his real position (so simply sensing his ki couldn't beat his afterimages).
Nice ability, his fight with gohan felt kinda rushed through
Last edited by The gr on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:50 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:

Enough with this theory.
Zeno made this tournament to get rid of the Universes he deems unworthy. So, he'd just destroy them again.
The Grand Priest did. Zeno goes with the flow.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Totamo wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Totamo wrote: Hit wasn't nerfed, the anime just overpowered him which is nothing new.
The problem is they overpowered him AND underpowered Dyspo with his initial showing. Which makes things seem terrible. It would've been different if dyspos speed completely helped him dominate that alien. But he just came across as helpless without Toppo.

The problem are the writers. You say they made him "too strong" in the Champa arc, but now they have to make him weak for whatever reason. How does this not bug people? They screwed things up and people are essentially defending it for whatever reason. Why can't people just acknowledge they mess up? A lot?
Its inconsistent, I ain't saying its not, but if HIt wasn't as overpowered as he was, this would have made more sense.
I guess my gripe is with the people who think Toei can do no wrong when weird stuff like this happens.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:51 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:
Enough with this theory.
The Grand Priest did. Zeno goes with the flow.
He'd still destroy them again.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:53 pm

The gr wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:I like this ability...

Nice ability, his fight with gohan felt kinda rushed through

To be fair what more where they going to do? A little more drama would be nice but apart from that.....I dont know.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 pm

Considering that only Beerus and U7 has seen the SSG form, do you think we'll get a reaction from the Gods/Angels when he goe's SSG?

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm

I swear to God if Dyspo's getting eliminated next week I'm gonna be fuming. STOP WASTING CHARACTERS, Toei, please.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm

TheOne wrote:
Totamo wrote:
TheOne wrote:
The problem is they overpowered him AND underpowered Dyspo with his initial showing. Which makes things seem terrible. It would've been different if dyspos speed completely helped him dominate that alien. But he just came across as helpless without Toppo.

The problem are the writers. You say they made him "too strong" in the Champa arc, but now they have to make him weak for whatever reason. How does this not bug people? They screwed things up and people are essentially defending it for whatever reason. Why can't people just acknowledge they mess up? A lot?
Its inconsistent, I ain't saying its not, but if HIt wasn't as overpowered as he was, this would have made more sense.
I guess my gripe is with the people who think Toei can do no wrong when weird stuff like this happens.
We blame toei for a lot of shit, we blame toriyama for a lot of shit, we blame toyotaro for a lot of shit. None of these T's are without merit nor flaw as creators.

But in my opinion, no matter how bad we get mad at them, the one piece fans will always beat us in who can get more angrier with Toei.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:57 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Considering that only Beerus and U7 has seen the SSG form, do you think we'll get a reaction from the Gods/Angels when he goe's SSG?
Why would they right now since they saw ssb already,a form that's superior to ssg
Last edited by The gr on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:57 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Considering that only Beerus and U7 has seen the SSG form, do you think we'll get a reaction from the Gods/Angels when he goe's SSG?
I think everyone is going to be like....

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:

Enough with this theory.
The thing is, what else would the Super Dragon Balls be used for? They're being offered as a prize for winning the tournament, so I can't imagine any other purpose they'd serve.