"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:19 pm

The gr wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That's a good shot, I hope to see Vegeta as a SSJ God as well.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:52 pm

emperior wrote:About the mortal stronger than a Hakaishin, I think he isn't Jiren because, as a reddit user pointed out, Beerus was surprised U11 had someone like Toppo. It also seems like Beerus already knew of the strongest mortal, because he didn't react at all when Whis mentioned him.
It really seems like that mortal was mentioned because he will appear in the future, he will probably be an antagonist/rival after the ToP.
The sad part is a lot of people (myself included) noticed this stuff and were attacked with responses why it has to be Jiren. One thing that a lot of people in this fan base don't know how to do is LOOK AHEAD. It was very clear that this was a foreshadowing of a future antagonist, but everyone's logic was "why would they do that when we know Jiren is going to be the antagonist this arc? It's clearly Jiren.." umm, maybe because Goku needs a rival this arc? if Jiren was the mortal they were referring to, Whis would've told them there's absolutely no chance of winning this tournament. They couldn't beat Beerus, so why would they be able to beat someone who is stronger than him? With the power of friendship and teamwork?
How i predict the tournament will end:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:59 pm

Noah wrote:
The gr wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That's a good shot, I hope to see Vegeta as a SSJ God as well.
Those legs dude, those legs are gonna be the best part
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
That appeires to happen post Goku jumping in and going SSG but we'll see. Until proven otherwise however we have to go by the info given.
And what is the info given? In the preview for the next episode, it says that another universe 11 warrior joins Dyspo in fighting Hitto.
Ok your words confuse me? You know ere that info comes from, its from the episode preview we go this week. The sources say "Dyspo States he can counter the Time-Skip" and "Dyspo blocks hits movements with Bullets of Light and one sidedly pummels him"

No mention of Dyspo and team mate tie up Hit or Hit beaten by tag team. That combined with the fact that the other pride trooper is only present in shots with SSG Goku points to him showing up to give Dyspo back up.

Sorry but until the episode proves otherwise, Dyspo < Hit.
What i meant is that spoilers were proven wrong before, looking at the preview, it clearly says Dyspo and Kunshee team up against Hitto, furthermore, since we know Hitto will be immobilized by those threads makes it look like the light bullets are bs.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:05 pm

TheOne wrote:
emperior wrote:About the mortal stronger than a Hakaishin, I think he isn't Jiren because, as a reddit user pointed out, Beerus was surprised U11 had someone like Toppo. It also seems like Beerus already knew of the strongest mortal, because he didn't react at all when Whis mentioned him.
It really seems like that mortal was mentioned because he will appear in the future, he will probably be an antagonist/rival after the ToP.
The sad part is a lot of people (myself included) noticed this stuff and were attacked with responses why it has to be Jiren. One thing that a lot of people in this fan base don't know how to do is LOOK AHEAD. It was very clear that this was a foreshadowing of a future antagonist, but everyone's logic was "why would they do that when we know Jiren is going to be the antagonist this arc? It's clearly Jiren.." umm, maybe because Goku needs a rival this arc? if Jiren was the mortal they were referring to, Whis would've told them there's absolutely no chance of winning this tournament. They couldn't beat Beerus, so why would they be able to beat someone who is stronger than him? With the power of friendship and teamwork?
I also thought it was Jiren at the time, but now I'm like 99% sure it won't be him. I was just delusional because I really wanted to see Goku surpassing Beerus this arc, but, thinking about it, you're totally right. The strongest mortal can't be Jiren or else Beerus and Whis would have told Goku and co. that they're all doomed. Beerus is still treated as a big deal and I wonder how Toriyama intends Goku to surpass him. Last time he was asked it was around the end of the U6 arc, when Toriyama had already probably written the FT arc and he was probably starting to plan the ToP, or had at least a vague idea of what he had to do next. And he said he still had no intention of making Goku and Vegeta stronger than Beerus.
Last edited by emperior on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote: And what is the info given? In the preview for the next episode, it says that another universe 11 warrior joins Dyspo in fighting Hitto.
Ok your words confuse me? You know ere that info comes from, its from the episode preview we go this week. The sources say "Dyspo States he can counter the Time-Skip" and "Dyspo blocks hits movements with Bullets of Light and one sidedly pummels him"

No mention of Dyspo and team mate tie up Hit or Hit beaten by tag team. That combined with the fact that the other pride trooper is only present in shots with SSG Goku points to him showing up to give Dyspo back up.

Sorry but until the episode proves otherwise, Dyspo < Hit.
What i meant is that spoilers were proven wrong before, looking at the preview, it clearly says Dyspo and Kunshee team up against Hitto, furthermore, since we know Hitto will be immobilized by those threads makes it look like the light bullets are bs.
That means nothing. What you describe is what you "believe" will happen, what you believe or want to happen is not fact.

So until the show categorically show us that Dyspo needed someone else to beat Hit, what your saying is pure speculation. This is by no means me saying "your wrong" or "never" but until its shown it stays Dyspo speed blitzes Hit.

And befor this goes on, you talking to the guy who would not consider Jimizu a Yadrate until the show stated he was one. Not out of disbelief but because I want cold, hard facts the proved it to be the case.

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:22 pm

TheOne wrote:
Toppo said if Goku was equal to him then he'd have no chance against Jiren. Everything lines up.
Feels over Reals.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:57 pm

sintzu wrote:
Totamo wrote:Nah, but its pretty apparent that Super's schedule just can't handle this style of an arc and people wanted more backgrounds, more episodes devoted the characters and backstories. I can't imagine the amount of murder it would have done to this to this team.
They shouldn't have used so many characters. They could've done so much more if each universe just had 3-4 fighters.
Its the dragon ball way, bigger and bigger.

I got to give them points for ambition.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:01 pm

I just think Jirasen should be the last man standing from Universe 10 against Gohan. Opni's design isn't very good, Jirasen is better.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Totamo wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Totamo wrote:Nah, but its pretty apparent that Super's schedule just can't handle this style of an arc and people wanted more backgrounds, more episodes devoted the characters and backstories. I can't imagine the amount of murder it would have done to this to this team.
They shouldn't have used so many characters. They could've done so much more if each universe just had 3-4 fighters.

Bigger stage and more episodes the bigger amount of characters. The quality should not drop.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:27 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Totamo wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Bigger stage and more episodes the bigger amount of characters. The quality should not drop.
animating all that every episode, plus having to save the best ones for the big fights. I figured as much would happen.

Super already had bad production as it was.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:23 pm

emperior wrote:
TheOne wrote:
I also thought it was Jiren at the time, but now I'm like 99% sure it won't be him. I was just delusional because I really wanted to see Goku surpassing Beerus this arc, but, thinking about it, you're totally right. The strongest mortal can't be Jiren or else Beerus and Whis would have told Goku and co. that they're all doomed. Beerus is still treated as a big deal and I wonder how Toriyama intends Goku to surpass him. Last time he was asked it was around the end of the U6 arc, when Toriyama had already probably written the FT arc and he was probably starting to plan the ToP, or had at least a vague idea of what he had to do next. And he said he still had no intention of making Goku and Vegeta stronger than Beerus.
I doubt you were one of the ones who were harassing people about it though. Everyone can have their own opinion. Especially since everything is so vague at times.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:26 pm

RedHeat wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Toppo said if Goku was equal to him then he'd have no chance against Jiren. Everything lines up.
No it doesn't. That does not mean the mortal that's stronger than Beerus is Jiren. Jiren is this arcs antagonist. He needs to be hyped up to be strong. Being stronger than Toppo and being stronger than beerus are two completely things.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:38 pm

TheOne wrote:
emperior wrote:
TheOne wrote:
I doubt you were one of the ones who were harassing people about it though. Everyone can have their own opinion. Especially since everything is so vague at times.
Yeah I definitely wasn't harassing people, and I also had some doubt about Jiren being the strongest mortal, and that's because I hoped to see that mortal so much that I wanted him to be in the ToP.
Though thinking about it it's better that it's mostly likely not Jiren, because I don't really like his design and personality at the moment, and it also means Super will go on for longer.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:43 pm

Goku asked whether or not U7 could win the tournament of power easily. Then Whis says "who knows but there's a mortal in another universe whom a god of destruction can't beat and the god of that universe is stronger than beerus".

Beerus not being shocked means nothing. That's likely an over analysis. Nobody was shocked, at least it didn't show on anyone's face.

So the strongest mortal would be someone in the tournament of power, not some random guy that's going to be introduced later. The strongest mortal is likely jiren.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:I just think Jirasen should be the last man standing from Universe 10 against Gohan. Opni's design isn't very good, Jirasen is better.
Nah, Jirasen reminded me of alien Caroni(Mr Satan Disciple).

Obuni for some reason was giving off Ledgic vibes, and that was good, if they bring back the defeated Universes, I would want for him to shake hands with Gohan, could be a cool moment.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:59 pm

TheOne wrote:
It's Jiren. I'll bet my account that it's Jiren.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:03 pm

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Goku asked whether or not U7 could win the tournament of power easily. Then Whis says "who knows but there's a mortal in another universe whom a god of destruction can't beat and the god of that universe is stronger than beerus".

Beerus not being shocked means nothing. That's likely an over analysis. Nobody was shocked, at least it didn't show on anyone's face.

So the strongest mortal would be someone in the tournament of power, not some random guy that's going to be introduced later. The strongest mortal is likely jiren.
True but Beerus and Whis are aware of every Universe competing in the tournament and who are the GoDs of the competing universes, meaning there's no reason for Whis to be unnecessarily vague about it when hey could have just told them.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:05 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
TheOne wrote:
I bet my account that it's one of those throwaway lines that will never be mentioned ever again, just like Whis' line 60 episodes ago about all the Gods of Destruction being much more evil and ruthless than Beerus or the line about the Namekian Book of Legends.
Last edited by Doctor. on Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:06 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
TheOne wrote:
That's a really bold bet you are making there.. it's borderline unnecessary to go that far I would say..

But yeah, I am of the same opinion, it's Jiren alright.. With all the merchandising and all the work they out in to making the character known, it would be a waste to not have him be the man..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker