Complete BT3 Info and Discussion Thread [UPDATED 10/02/07]

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:15 pm

*applauds Leotaku's last post*

Yeah, I wanted older Chi-Chi and Rild, but still, I dreamed of Arale-chan being playable in a DBZ ever since I played the first Budokai 5 years ago. With her playable here, things have come full circle.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:32 pm

This is Atari:
"WHAT? NO GT GOTEN? I AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF THEN I'M GOING TO KILL ATARI AND SPIKE, WICH ARE NOT EVEN PHYSICAL ENTITIES BUT I DON'T CARE BECAUSE I WILL ALREADY BE DEAD"

This is Daizex
"Yeah man... that's like.. the shit... Arale... wow man... it's like a full circle... now the game is like.. perfect man..."

Atari: Drink less coffee
Daizex: Stop smoking pot

Screw you guys! I'm going to wait for another game, like Super Smash Bros. Brawl or Starcraft 2.

Just kidding ^^

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:46 pm

Win.

A detail gameplay mechanics guide would be hella helpful (Oh please... tell me it's not "no matter what crazy technique you're trying, it's either circle or triangle+l2"...).
Like... how does the new stuff work (Like Sonic Sway, Etc)?
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:23 pm

I'm sure the training in the game will deal with that caejones. While I had to figure some things out myself in the last two games, the instructions in the training levels pretty much explain the mechanics with each new game.

P.S. Oh yeah Freeza did have his eye shut when damaged last time... funny how one can forget... :lol: :oops: :x Still no one armed Future Gohan? Damn... :(

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:46 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Adey
Beyond Newbie

Post by Adey » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:09 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:Again I mentioned this in a previous post, but I'll say it again; if I were a betting man, I'd say it's a good possibility that Future Gohan will lose his arm when battle damaged.

Unless there's a screenshot or video of him somewhere that shows him battle damaged and with both arms? :?
Apparently now he has his trademark scars or something, I'm not sure but he didn't have them in the trailers did he?

Point being he may be able to lose an arm now!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:16 pm

I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with two arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Miesteron
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Miesteron » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:33 pm

Future Gohan losing an arm for battle damage seems a bit brutal, depending on the situation. It would just seem weird for, say, Videl to hit him with a rush, and once the smoke clears, he's minus one arm. Ouch.

I'm still hoping it's in, some way or another. Nothing says "hardass" like fighting with one less appendage than normal.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:29 pm

Miesteron wrote:Future Gohan losing an arm for battle damage seems a bit brutal, depending on the situation. It would just seem weird for, say, Videl to hit him with a rush, and once the smoke clears, he's minus one arm. Ouch.
That almost seems like a perfect Robot Chicken joke.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Maphisto86
Patreon Supporter

Post by Maphisto86 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:17 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with two arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah I geuss we are a bit cruel...

Though in all seriousness I don't mind terribly if Future Gohan doesen't have a one armed alternate costume but it would be cool and fix a small continuity mistake. Yet there is plenty in this game I'm pleased to see. 8)

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:30 pm

Poor guy.
The way people talk you would think that Future Gohan was born with one arm? I mean C'MON!!!
The one arm thing was just an injury it's exactly like Freeza losing half his body
THAT DOES'NT MEAN WE NEED TO HAVE HALF-BODY FREEZA IN THE GAME!!!
It jus' is'nt all that nessecary. Him having a unique one armed fighting style makes up for that. They need to relax and GROW UP!

Slickmasterfunk
Regular

Post by Slickmasterfunk » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:37 pm

HyperBlaze wrote:

Poor guy.
The way people talk you would think that Future Gohan was born with one arm? I mean C'MON!!!
The one arm thing was just an injury it's exactly like Freeza losing half his body
THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE NEED TO HAVE HALF-BODY FREEZA IN THE GAME!!!
It just' isn't all that necessary. Him having a unique one armed fighting style makes up for that. They need to relax and GROW UP!
Personally it isn't a big deal to me whether he has 2 arms, 1 arm, or 14 arms, but I can see where people are coming from wanting it. His injury is kind of what made him unique and almost defined his character.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:41 pm

Victator Supreme wrote:I reallllly hope the non flying characters do not fly in this game.
Then you are an idiot.

:P

Ok, yeah, I'm joking. But in all seriousness, I wouldn't mind if they couldn't fly so long as the system used wasn't the busted POS that they used in BT2. Kill the hovering, make them jumping only, and remove the levels with no floor in places (such as the Lookout, Ruined Earth, and Spaceship stages) and it'd be fine. But I'd prefer them to fly. Sure, it goes away from the series. But so does having Kid Goku fighitng and defeating anyone after King Piccolo, or Kid Gohan being able to fight against Teen Gohan. It's a game and it needs to be a game first and 'true to the show' second so that it can be properly played.
HyperBlaze wrote:The way people talk you would think that Future Gohan was born with one arm? I mean C'MON!!!
It jus' is'nt all that nessecary. Him having a unique one armed fighting style makes up for that. They need to relax and GROW UP!
Half-body Freeza = 75 seconds of screen time = comes back as Cyborg Freeza = in the game = your excuse fails.

And from someone who was applauding Spike for making three pointless Goku's cause it was 'time specific' that's really funny to see. Because now you're saying that time specific doesn't matter. :roll:
Last edited by Xyex on Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:Again I mentioned this in a previous post, but I'll say it again; if I were a betting man, I'd say it's a good possibility that Future Gohan will lose his arm when battle damaged.

Unless there's a screenshot or video of him somewhere that shows him battle damaged and with both arms? :?
There's a video somewhere that has him battle damaged, he doesn't lose the arm. It just goes limp. I still think the 1 armed Gohan will be an alt.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

SuperSaiyan3Goku
Advanced Regular
Location: In the middle of nowhere, across from Planet Vegeta

Post by SuperSaiyan3Goku » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:03 pm

Humpski wrote:

There's a video somewhere that has him battle damaged, he doesn't lose the arm. It just goes limp. I still think the 1 armed Gohan will be an alt.
I did see in a video that Future Gohan had a brighter version of his original outfit. That might be his alt. Or, he could be another one of those lucky characters with 3 alts. :?
Next quest: Start collecting Dragon Ball Super Blu-Rays whenever season sets get released. Also the Super Manga!

Fan of Dragon Ball Z and various other Anime since '98! ^^

List of Anime I own or have watched - http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SSJ3Goku

HyperBlaze
Not-So-Newbie

Post by HyperBlaze » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:11 pm

Xyex wrote:
Victator Supreme wrote:I reallllly hope the non flying characters do not fly in this game.
Then you are an idiot.

:P

Ok, yeah, I'm joking. But in all seriousness, I wouldn't mind if they couldn't fly so long as the system used wasn't the busted POS that they used in BT2. Kill the hovering, make them jumping only, and remove the levels with no floor in places (such as the Lookout, Ruined Earth, and Spaceship stages) and it'd be fine. But I'd prefer them to fly. Sure, it goes away from the series. But so does having Kid Goku fighitng and defeating anyone after King Piccolo, or Kid Gohan being able to fight against Teen Gohan. It's a game and it needs to be a game first and 'true to the show' second so that it can be properly played.
HyperBlaze wrote:The way people talk you would think that Future Gohan was born with one arm? I mean C'MON!!!
Half-body Freeza = 75 seconds of screen time = comes back as Cyborg Freeza = in the game = your excuse fails.

And from someone who was applauding Spike for making three pointless Goku's cause it was 'time specific' that's really funny to see. Because now you're saying that time specific doesn't matter. :roll:
And from someone who was applauding Spike for making three pointless Goku's cause it was 'time specific' that's really funny to see. Because now you're saying that time specific doesn't matter. [/quote]

So cause you say/think it's pointless to have three Goku's is that supposed to mean your opinion is FINAL?! Ok..... go hop off a cliff.

It's rather much acceptable for there to be time specific especially in DBZ!

How is it funny? It is'nt an excuse IT'S A POINT! It jus' is'nt nessecary for there to be a Future Gohan with one arm nor is it mature to be bitchin' for somthing like that at all. All it did was get him killed and there is'nt that big a time gap for there to be a "Time Specific" one armed Future Gohan I mean how long was it like.... some days?!

Humpski
Regular

Post by Humpski » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:26 pm

SuperSaiyan3Goku wrote:
Humpski wrote:

I did see in a video that Future Gohan had a brighter version of his original outfit. That might be his alt. Or, he could be another one of those lucky characters with 3 alts. :?
Bright orange gi is one of his alts yeah but you never know he might have another that wasn't available in the demo.
Check out our home made films!
Lots of martial arts action and comedy.
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=HumpskiProductions

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:50 pm

HyperBlaze wrote:It jus' is'nt nessecary for there to be a Future Gohan with one arm
I do agree with HyperBlaze on this one point, mainly for reasons I already pointed out...
Conan the SSJ wrote:Well, to show a little fairness on Spike's part (though I will admit to them being lazy if a one-arm skin isn't included, since Sagas of all games was able to pull it off), Gohan did have both arms in the TV Special for the "first" battle with the Androids. Also, a flashback Trunks (or Cell thinking of his timeline, kinda debatable given he has his scar in it) has in a Perfect Cell saga episode where Gohan and teen Trunks battle the Androids together. We can just say that Spike is using the Gohan from that specific flashback in terms of design and moves learned from Piccolo, while moves like his energy shield are taken from the special.
In my honest opinion, a One-Arm skin is not necessary, as Mirai Gohan's fought two other battles (one being in a Perfect Cell saga flashback with Trunks, as already said, where he somehow has the scars) with both arms. If anything, the fact he more fights in a one-arm style gives him a cool uniqueness as it is for the game, he doesn't need to lack one because of the single losing battle he fought. Although, it is a nice homage that it goes limp once he's been battle-damaged IMO.

As it is, it really doesn't look like he'll have it as an alternate skin, as I seriously think they would've revealed it in place of the lighter gi alternate.
14 years later

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:17 am

Poor guy.
If I could right now I would sig that in a heartbeat. Stupid Wii.

As for the discussion on Future Gohan's one-armed status, I would love to see it and I would give it a 20% chance of showing up only because this game has to appeal to the young'uns (as in their moms who want to know why that one character only has one arm)before it has to appeal to us.

As for Arale, I think it wonderful that she's in the game. It's almost like having a secret character. Although it does sadden me that we may not get other characters that we were really hoping for like Adult Chichi, Kid Krillin, non-SSJ 4 GT Vegeta, and some more GT villians to flesh out the GT story arcs better. I'm also a bit disappointed that we don't have a create-a-character mode. But we got sooooooo many wonderful things that more than makes up for it, like Kid GT Goku and all of the new Dragon Fists, then there's Future Gohan, and most importantly ¡¡¡¡¡ONLINE!!!!! for the Wii. Heck, they could have slapped online on the last game and I would have paid $50 for it.

To those who are still "complaining" about legitimate character/forms/costumes that are still noticeably absent keep at it. Hopefully the developers will see who/what they should have in the next Dragonball fighting game, hopefully with better gameplay.

Speaking of online, Smash Bros seems to be getting some barebones online features, friend coders w/ prewritten text and random matches w/ no contact with the other person at all. You don't even get a name or FC. I'm not sure if any of this will apply to BT3 but it could.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:27 am

I find it weird that battle-damaged Freeza gets his tail ripped out, seems as weird as Gohan losing his arm just fighting. Still hoping for the One-Arm Gohan by the way. For the Flying Non-Flyer, they should have a system that allows you to chose if you want them to fly or not. Or better yet, maybe when they level up, you can make them like learn how to fly as a potara equidment or something! That would really be like training. And SSj Kaboom, that is so going into my sign.