"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by kidhero1000 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:03 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
kidhero1000 wrote:Image

Forget Limit Breaking Goku, this is the talk of the DB community. When she coming to Super? When is she coming to Dokkan? :!:
She'll probably end up in Dokkan, Heroes and the inevitable Fusions sequel, but she'll sadly never come to Super.
If she's popular enough and Toei/Bamco/etc want that merch money. They'll figure out a way to do so.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by kidhero1000 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:03 am

kidhero1000 wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
kidhero1000 wrote:Image

Forget Limit Breaking Goku, this is the talk of the DB community. When she coming to Super? When is she coming to Dokkan? :!:
She'll probably end up in Dokkan, Heroes and the inevitable Fusions sequel, but she'll sadly never come to Super.
If she's popular enough and Toei/Bamco/etc want that merch money. They'll figure out a way to do so. Even if its' some 30 minute special.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:05 am

Kaioshin Realm confirmed as a stage:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:16 am

What a cutie!

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:31 am

HECTOR4 wrote:
Kokonoe wrote:Not a fan of Android 21's design. Feels like something that belongs in something that isn't Dragon Ball.

Glad my boy Tien is in.
This is Dragon Ball too:

We forget that Dragon Ball is a vast world where fits any variety of designs, forms of dress, hair types, facial features ...
And those fit Dragon Ball well, not this design, to me at least.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:34 am

Android #21 is cool. I wanna cosplay her (even I'm a guy), lol.

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:39 am

I like dig the design. Wonder her deal is. Gero's wife or daughter? Or Perhaps 16 had a wife before when he was in the RR army?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:45 am

Re: 21

Cool design. Sweater-dresses-with-leggings are a good practical pick for merging combat with obviously-a-dress.

The heels aren't that practical, but at least they're no higher than office shoes. There's also a lot of Precure who have shoes with heels so she'll probably be fine.

The glasses are cool; I know they're not practical to fight in either, but Arale got away with it, so why not 21.

I want to go with the popular guess that she's either Gero's wife or based on her the way 16's based on his son. The two have similar enough features.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:50 am

Look at that, number 21, cool!

Yamcha and Tenshinhan included. I don't see why they bother anymore.
Heno heno kappa!

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:51 am

Ranmaru Rei wrote:Android #21 is cool. I wanna cosplay her (even I'm a guy), lol.
All traps welcome

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:52 am

I honestly didn't wanted Yamcha in, but after seeing those new screenshots, I'm hyped. :)
I know some of you wanted Tien in one of his classic outfits, but I think his current one is great too, because it makes him stand out more, and fits with his "enlightened monk" concept with the third eye. (yeah, I know he started out as a Tao Pai Pai fanboy villain, but it's changed since)
Android #21 is an okay design. I wonder if she will be in as an actual fighter, or just someone who appears in the story mode as a character. They likely decided to not include Universal Survivor characters (they said that the game takes place around Goku Black / U6 Tournament era), so there wasn't much of a choice of SSJ level female characters other then #18... so instead they made a new one. They can also give her any type of moves that they want, her gameplay can be unique. It's a clever choice. :)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:55 am

No PS4 entry sent....Give Candians a Chance eh :cry:.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:01 pm

KayDash wrote: (they said that the game takes place around Goku Black / U6 Tournament era
Oh yeah, Future Trunks is gonna be in the story, so it'll probably be something that happens right before Trunks gets a chance to go back with Mai.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:06 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Image

What a cutie!
IKR I really like her designg she looks so cute.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:07 pm

I actually like the costume they went with for Tenshinhan, I also really like the design of Android 21

YEEEEEEEEEEEES YAMCHA! I already loved this game for having SSBKK, can't wait to have SSB Goku and Yamcha on the same team

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Amazing reveals - and a cool way to bring a new female character. Though if she's a scientist, that makes Gero's chances of being in rather slim.

Yamcha and Tien are Super influence. To be honest I wanted Tien's Cell arc clothes, but whatever. Yamcha is amazing, though.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Nickolaidas wrote:Amazing reveals - and a cool way to bring a new female character. Though if she's a scientist, that makes Gero's chances of being in rather slim.
Not neccesarily. Gero's energy absorption can still be turned into an unique gameplay mechanic. Tho #19 to me would make a bit more sense, because he could function as a grappler, so avoiding projectiles with absorption would just work perfectly with his gameplay.

Btw, the inclusion of Kai homeworld... Is that hinting Kid Buu?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:23 pm

KayDash wrote:
Nickolaidas wrote:Amazing reveals - and a cool way to bring a new female character. Though if she's a scientist, that makes Gero's chances of being in rather slim.
Not neccesarily. Gero's energy absorption can still be turned into an unique gameplay mechanic. Tho #19 to me would make a bit more sense, because he could function as a grappler, so avoiding projectiles with absorption would just work perfectly with his gameplay.

Btw, the inclusion of Kai homeworld... Is that hinting Kid Buu?
I wouldn't take it as a hint, Kai World is simply one of those levels that's usually always in a Dragon Ball game; like Namek or the Wasteland.

I'd be surprised if Kid Buu wasn't in
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Vegeta Breakdown by MaximilianDood: https://youtu.be/l_NskkBh6ik

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:29 pm

She shouldn't be playable, right? Only appearing in this what-if scenario. She doesn't have stats like Yamcha and Tenshinhan.