How much longer do you want the TOP to go on for?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: How much longer do you want the TOP to go on for?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:59 am

Totamo wrote:Thats right, this arc actually started in January.

10 episodes, wrap it up. Move on. They tried, we will give you credit for that.
It started February 5th bro, not January.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:16 am

Kataphrut wrote:As good as the special was and indeed many of the past episodes, it is starting to try my patience. I'm hoping for no more than ten more episodes.

There's still a lot to get through, that's the scary part. Most of the major characters, plus a fair few fodder characters are still in (at this point fodder is anyone who hasn't had character focus, or a mystery surrounding them ie the bugs and slugs). Nobody got eliminated in the special and most episodes have been at a pace of 2 minutes and 2 eliminations each on average. We need another big sweep of eliminations like in 98 or 101. We need major characters to start taking their bows. If Hit goes down next episode, he better not be the only one.
The fact that they're dragging their feet on the 'big name' eliminations makes me think they're being kept around for something else. Seriously, the biggest characters who have fallen are Roshi, Tien, Krillin, Magetta and Frost. I'll be genuinely surprised if Hit actually falls next episode and nobody saves his bacon or Jiren simply doesn't knock him out. They tease but don't pull the trigger.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:19 am

Until February. And i hope that by that time, they develop a new, a good and enjoyable arc, better than this [that is very cool]. I wanna see a new villain, and the Z warriors fighting him.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:30 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:As good as the special was and indeed many of the past episodes, it is starting to try my patience. I'm hoping for no more than ten more episodes.

There's still a lot to get through, that's the scary part. Most of the major characters, plus a fair few fodder characters are still in (at this point fodder is anyone who hasn't had character focus, or a mystery surrounding them ie the bugs and slugs). Nobody got eliminated in the special and most episodes have been at a pace of 2 minutes and 2 eliminations each on average. We need another big sweep of eliminations like in 98 or 101. We need major characters to start taking their bows. If Hit goes down next episode, he better not be the only one.
The fact that they're dragging their feet on the 'big name' eliminations makes me think they're being kept around for something else. Seriously, the biggest characters who have fallen are Roshi, Tien, Krillin, Magetta and Frost. I'll be genuinely surprised if Hit actually falls next episode and nobody saves his bacon or Jiren simply doesn't knock him out. They tease but don't pull the trigger.
They are hesitating for some reason as we know where everyone roughly stands apart from the Namekians and the Bugs.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:50 am

Long enough to give the remaining fighters good satisfying fights.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Honestly I thought it'd be all over by now, so I apologize to the people who I criticized thinking this arc could go on for much, much longer.

Considering where we are now I think another 10-12 episodes should suffice.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Asura wrote:Honestly I thought it'd be all over by now, so I apologize to the people who I criticized thinking this arc could go on for much, much longer.

Hey, aren't you the guy who works on Dragon Ball Multiverse?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:43 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Asura wrote:Honestly I thought it'd be all over by now, so I apologize to the people who I criticized thinking this arc could go on for much, much longer.

That would be cool if I was, but nope.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

The tournament is bound to last 15-20 more episodes.

There's just too many fighters left. Not even all the fodder characters are out yet. Then we still have all the "big and important" characters to get through.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:44 pm

There is 25 mins left in universe. I wouldn't mind it lasting a long while, well into 2018, as long as the story telling is creative and unique. If we have episodes that don't change the story at all and could easily be told without that episode occurring then there is a problem. Recently Super has done a good job of keeping it interesting with fresh new ideas, twists (Frost getting erased), and good cliffhangers (Freeza threatening Goku with that sinister face).

They can actually take this arc for another year or more if they decide to reveal that the GP and his angels have evil plans.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:56 pm

I believe that this arc will go on until at least 10-15 episodes. The arc so far has been a blast in my opinion and I really think the writing has great execpt episode 100. That was bad but everything else was much better. Plus, there is still so much story and time left. The narrator said there is still 25 minutes left. If Super needs until Feburary to finish the story then let them. The more time they get, the better overall the content will be in my opinion. So, you may disagree if you think differently.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:15 pm

Asura wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:

That would be cool if I was, but nope.
I mixed you up with the guy who draws for true Dragon Ball Multiverse manga, lol.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:59 pm

How much longer I want ToP to go on? I want it to end right NOW! >_<

How much I expect it to go on? Looking how things are going, I expect at least 10 more episodes ( *internal screaming* noooo....).
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:37 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:How much longer I want ToP to go on? I want it to end right NOW! >_<

How much I expect it to go on? Looking how things are going, I expect at least 10 more episodes ( *internal screaming* noooo....).
Really? You want it to end after seeing 109 + 110?

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:01 am

Asura wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:How much longer I want ToP to go on? I want it to end right NOW! >_<

Really? You want it to end after seeing 109 + 110?
Yes, I want the story to move. I want to know whats going to happen after either the time is up or a Universe win. If the other erased Universes are going to survive or not.
Also want to know if there's going to be another arc before the end of Z or this will be the last one.

These episodes have been entertaining, sure. But thats how I've been feeling for quite a while by just seeing U7 and 6 fighting a lot of unknown characters that most of them probably will never be shown again.

Also, the time is going so slow. These are the 5 minutes in Namek all over again >_<
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

dragon boss z
I Live Here

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:55 am

I kind of want them to rap up the characters we don't really care about quickly so we can have a more personal tournament with fewer members on the ring. I would say a couple episodes of the robot universe vs the androids, eliminating U3, then getting rid of U2 in an episode or 2, and get rid of the 2 U4 fighters we've already seen. After this all that will be left would be U6, U7, U11, and the two bugs who I think should hide until the end. It will then be U6 vs U7 with Piccolo vs the namekians and Frieza vs the saiyans, while the other U7 fighters fight U11. These fights should be more personal and intense and will last a bit longer than the fights we've been seeing for the most part. Then after only the winners are left of those fights there should only be a few fighters remaining with fighters desperately trying to win with Frieza possibly teaming up with Goku and Gohan against U11, and possibly them trying to find the bugs from U4.

So hopefully 3-4 episodes of getting rid of most of the opponents, 5 episodes of personal fights between the final universes, and 5 episodes of the finale fights. I think that would be a good amount to get through everything at a good pace.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:07 am

I think there's close to half the fighters left so it'll go on for awhile. Maybe it'll go into the 130s ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 am

The pacing had been pretty good actually. It doesn't feel dragged out at all to me and not too fast that I feel like I'm missing out.

I'd be fine with us being at around the half way mark. So another 14 or so episodes​. Over half the fighters are gone but at the same time you'll probably get some bigger fights towards the end. There's a whole big name characters who haven't had their big fight just yet.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:08 am

sintzu wrote:I think there's close to half the fighters left so it'll go on for awhile. Maybe it'll go into the 130s ?
It will only go on that long if only 1 minute passes every episode which has not been happening so far.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:32 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
sintzu wrote:I think there's close to half the fighters left so it'll go on for awhile. Maybe it'll go into the 130s ?
It will only go on that long if only 1 minute passes every episode which has not been happening so far.
We haven't gotten vegeta, gohan, freeza and poccolo main fights so when those happen things should slow down.

That's also not counting goku final fight.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.