"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:08 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Nappa and Ginyu are this month's characters.
Source?

I was wondering whether they'd go into a Z route (Nappa, Ginyu, Dabra) or more of a Super route (Hit, Zamasu, Kale). If this news is true, it seems we have an answer. Of course, they could still add some Super characters anyway.
Last edited by TrunksTrevelyan0064 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" (PS4/XBO/PC, 2018, Arc System Works) Official Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:13 am

http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/4615
source

Ginyu summons the other members of the Ginyu force so that's cool.
Nappa can summon a Saibaman.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:56 am

I never wanted them, and hoped they wouldn't make it in, but I always included them in my lists. They're prominent Dragons for their respective arcs, and they offer easy ways to diversify gameplay.

Even including them, and another version of Boo and Gohan, I still fit in Beerus, Hit and Black into a base roster of 24. This doesn't answer anything for me. As I've said before, a game that included the most popular Super characters would still be largely comprised of characters who were in Z.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:15 am

True, they can have a roster that encompasses both Z and Super. I just figured that the story mode would only go in one of those directions. Not sure how they'd incorporate both. I'm fine with it either way, though. Captain Ginyu has the potential to be a lot of fun, especially if the other squad members are incorporated into his moveset.

Edit: Gematsu info post
Last edited by TrunksTrevelyan0064 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

KorgDTR2000
Beyond Newbie

Post by KorgDTR2000 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 am

Ginyu and Nappa are both awesome picks. I'm glad to see the roster is going deeper into the earlier stories instead of just focusing on the biggest names. Gives me hope for Dabra (and by extension the Nappa/Ginyu/Dabra henchmen team).

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:27 am

Scans.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

NintendoBlaze53
Regular

Post by NintendoBlaze53 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:36 am

Nappa (And Saibaimen) killed 4 main characters and god, plus he's the 3rd bulky character for the roster. Ginyu (Force) were a huge part of the Freeza Arc and managed to decimate the Dragon Team. I've already seen social media light with "Wasted space" but they're an important part of Dragon Ball's story.
"You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want." -Ging Freecss

If you care about opinionated/critical analysis and reviews of anime, manga and gaming products, feel free to check out my website. https://otakustance.wordpress.com/

cringey

Post by cringey » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:39 am

They put No.17 and no Gohan? Feels bad.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:40 am

NintendoBlaze53 wrote:Nappa (And Saibaimen) killed 4 main characters and god, plus he's the 3rd bulky character for the roster. Ginyu (Force) were a huge part of the Freeza Arc and managed to decimate the Dragon Team. I've already seen social media light with "Wasted space" but they're an important part of Dragon Ball's story.
But this game isn't a retelling of that story and there is a very limited roster.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:44 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Scans.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Jeez, what horrendous promo art the second one, reeks of that shitty promo artist. What is that Piccolo seriously...

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:19 am

I'm super happy we got these characters specially Nappa! :D

They even went with Ginyu summoning the members of his team like it was predicted a bunch of times in this thread and Nappa summoning a Saibaiman, like I suggested before.

These developers seem to really understand the balance between important characters and diversity. With two blue exceptions I feel they are really in-tuned with what's best for the game, not falling in the easy trap of shoving what's new.

I really need people to justify this wasted space complaint. It's ridiculous to me how anyone can complain about "space" when nobody knows how much "space" we will have.

And who would people replace them with? Vegetto? Bardock? SSJ4 Goku and SSJ4 Vegeta? Or maybe it's Super material? The current arc shouldn't make it into the game for logical reasons so you just have Hit, Goku Black(Zamasu) and Beerus. I can agree with the later; they didn't shove the Blue Saiyans down our throats for this little Super material.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:43 am

I reeeeally hope that second scan isn't the cover art for the game.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 am

Ahh, seeing that official character artwork never fails to get me excited. It'd probably get me hyped even if it was a character like Bacterian or Panput.

The main reason I'm looking forward to this game is its presentation. It just looks so. damn. good.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:54 am

I just hope Nappa is a average-speed rushdown character, cuz I there's this one character that I hope will be in as the slow-but-powerful character. And y'all know who it is!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:14 am

Ginyu would be pretty boring, but him being able to summon the whole Ginyu Force is awesome. Really lookind forward to him.

Nappa on the other hand... Bleh...
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:29 am

While I expected Ginyu would make it (and I'm so glad they're including Body Swap and Ginyu Force assists), Nappa was one I was less sure about but secretly hoping for. Having him summon Saibamen is a nice touch.

I'm surprised they're taking so long to announce adult Gohan. I mean come on, we all know he's getting in. The fact Teen Gohan has (Y) in the URL code, similar to how Goku and Vegeta had (SS), the fact that Kyle Hebert is doing promotion.

Ranmaru Rei
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ranmaru Rei » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 am

ArchedThunder wrote:Nappa and Ginyu are this month's characters... really feels like wasted space.
Yeah, same feeling. Gameplay looks interesting though, but because of power scaling in DB, their inclusion looks ridiculous for me. Also, I'm not a fan of their personalties. On other hand, they are better, than Botamo and Mageta, IMHO.
Last edited by Ranmaru Rei on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:41 am

LightBing wrote:I'm super happy we got these characters specially Nappa! :D

They even went with Ginyu summoning the members of his team like it was predicted a bunch of times in this thread and Nappa summoning a Saibaiman, like I suggested before.

These developers seem to really understand the balance between important characters and diversity. With two blue exceptions I feel they are really in-tuned with what's best for the game, not falling in the easy trap of shoving what's new.

I really need people to justify this wasted space complaint. It's ridiculous to me how anyone can complain about "space" when nobody knows how much "space" we will have.

And who would people replace them with? Vegetto? Bardock? SSJ4 Goku and SSJ4 Vegeta? Or maybe it's Super material? The current arc shouldn't make it into the game for logical reasons so you just have Hit, Goku Black(Zamasu) and Beerus. I can agree with the later; they didn't shove the Blue Saiyans down our throats for this little Super material.
It feels more and more obvious that SSB wasn't their decision.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:43 am

I wonder how far into development Nappa and Ginyu are considering that Yamcha and Tien are still being basically in their alpha stages, and they were revealed roughly one month ago.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:45 am

I predicted both of them, and ArcSys implemented Ginyuu's gameplay the same way I (and some others too) hoped for, with the full Ginyuu Force assist.
I'm so happy right now, they are finally making the exact DBZ game I always wanted to play!