Lyrics in 'Solid State Scouter'

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Lyrics in 'Solid State Scouter'

Post by Kaboom » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:31 pm

Hey, I finally have something to say in this section.

What's the dealio with the "lyrics" audible in Solid State Scouter? I don't know a lick of Japanese, but based on the subject matter, as well as a distinct pattern in the words, I'm guessing it's a sequence of numbers, i.e. a rising power level. Am I right? Can anyone tell me or link me to the "lyrics" or a translation?
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:59 pm

I was thinking about this a couple of months back while I listened to the song. I knew that they were numbers, but Julian does a better job explaining it than me.
There isn’t actually a lyrics sheet for this song, but enough people have asked me what it says that I’ve decided to write it out. The entire “song” consists of numbers going up in a linear fashion, as they would on a scouter while somebody’s powering up. I’ve tried my best to accurately transcribe the numbers, although it’s possible that I may have misheard a few, as the difference between “issen” (1,000) and “nisen” (2,000) coming right after “-man” (10,000), is very slight. Nevertheless, here it is, in all its numerical glory.

You may be thinking that it’s strange for a song like this to be performed by TOKIO, and if so, you’re right: as far as we know, this “TOKIO” bears no relation to the popular J-Pop band that’s done several anime themes -- just take it as a weird coincidence, and nothing more.
There ya go. The lyrics are located on the main site.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:02 pm

Aha! More than good enough for me. Thanks.
Dragon Ball ended in 1997.