That huge poster with EVERYONE

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:07 am

Steven Perry wrote:
Shenron wrote:Ok, here's the scan :

Watch out, it's a big picture !
The same, but even bigger !

If you like, I can post the very, very huge one, but I don't think it will be necessary :)
THERE'S GOT TO BE ONE CHARACTER THAT'S NOT IN IT.
As noted, there's at least two filler characters: the alligator/crocodile that sunbathes at Kame House, and Hasky the thief that the RR hires. Maybe more, I haven't seen all of the DB anime.
Trunks & Goten forever

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:14 am

testing223 wrote:

If you like, I can post the very, very huge one, but I don't think it will be necessary :)
Actually, I'd like to see that, if only to check out the details. ::)
Your wish is granted :D

http://vanesshenron.free.fr/Images/DB_everybody.jpg

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:22 am

Shenron wrote:
testing223 wrote:

O_O

Now I can print my own poster, without buying it! :D

If I've got enough ink that is.

Which I don't.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

worldmonsters
Patreon Supporter

Post by worldmonsters » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:18 am

Thank you :D The even bigger pic is big enough for me :D

Okay, who's gonna volunteer counting them all? :p

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:40 am

I'm particularly surprised that they have Hatchyhakku in there of all things, but unless I'm just missing them in the grand scale of all the characters in here, none of the monsters or Dr. Raichii are in there.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:55 am

Last night, I was working on 'remastering' Shenron's Dragonball collage, by removing those light-reflecting glossy parts, the poster-foldings, grainy texture, and dark colours. So, may I present to you the remastered version of the collage we all know and love . . . :o

Quality version (Files-upload.com)

Comparison

ImageImage

Erm, tell me if there's any problems?
Last edited by Steven Perry on Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:00 am

I think you did a fine job restoring its quality, and I don't see anything wrong with how it looks now.

The S
I Live Here

Post by The S » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:21 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:
Son Gohan wrote:Old, but very nice pic. Could be the next cover of 'Budokai Tenkaichi 4', if you know what i mean. :)
Could be the next roster for BT4 at the rate they're going. :wink:
Hell yeah! I'd love to play as some of those characters! Young Kamesennin and Tsurusennin (Hell, Tsurusennin PERIOD)... generic Saiya-jin and Tsufuru-jin... Broli as a baby... the village Shaman... Menmen... Pizza... Goku's driving instructor... Shu's doberman... Gohan's English teacher... Sharpner and Eraser... Ginyu frog and female frog... Capsule Corp spaceship... generic monkeys... the fake "aliens" from Movie 9... Dr. Frappe the living plothole... Skinny Veku which never existed in the show or movies... Bee... grown-up Upa... Hacchan who is blue for no fucking reason... Namekian spaceship... Gohan's robot friend... Trunks' time machine... Arlia-jins... weird fucking bird thing... Saiya-jin space pod... the Big Fish... Pumpkin and Brocco... the saber-toothed tiger... damn! The possibilities are endless!

By the way, I see Hachihyakku, but I must've missed Dr. Laichi.
Battle High 2, starring Kyle Hebert as well as myself, has been released on Xbox 360, OUYA, PC, Linux, Mac, and Xbox One!

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:26 am

Dr. Frappe the living plothole
THANK you for the soda out the nose.

I have the wallscroll, but I've never seen Laichi/Raichi anywhere. I guess they just slipped in Hatchyakk in as an "Easter Egg."

And I'd still want to see Lucifer, maybe Gurumes, in BT4.
Trunks & Goten forever

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:01 am

Steven Perry wrote:
I think it's a great work :D
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Blue+Shenron][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Blue+Shenron.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://vanesshenron.deviantart.com/]Deviantart[/url]

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:08 am

Shenron wrote:
testing223 wrote:

Wow, that thing is so big, thanks Shenron, saved.
Steven Perry wrote:Last night, I was working on 'remastering' Shenron's Dragonball collage, by removing those light-reflecting glossy parts, the poster-foldings, grainy texture, and dark colours. So, may I present to you the remastered version of the collage we all know and love . . . :o

Comparison

Pictures Cut Away!

Oh.My.God. That is the best remastering a poster I have ever seen! Steven, you should work in Atari and show them how remastering is really done! That picture is also saved in my picture folder, wonder what to do with four copies of the same thing...
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

ReiMehari

Post by ReiMehari » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:06 am

Yay...I have that one :)

It's a great wall scroll.
It's strange this hero thing. Whole lives devoted completely to helping others. For no financial reward whatsoever. Struggling ceaselessly against impossible odds, risking almost certain death to help those in trouble. I...I just hope its not catching, yes?

Mike
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mike » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:22 am

Steven Perry wrote:Last night, I was working on 'remastering' Shenron's Dragonball collage, by removing those light-reflecting glossy parts, the poster-foldings, grainy texture, and dark colours. So, may I present to you the remastered version of the collage we all know and love . . . :o

Wow, from what I can see I have to say that remastering looks amazing. I can't seem to download the file though. Whenever I try the site displays this message, "Sorry. You can not download this file today. Download traffic for your country is empty. " Is it possible for you to upload it somewhere else?

gohanku
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by gohanku » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:24 am

Mike wrote:

Wow, from what I can see I have to say that remastering looks amazing. I can't seem to download the file though. Whenever I try the site displays this message, "Sorry. You can not download this file today. Download traffic for your country is empty. " Is it possible for you to upload it somewhere else?
Right-click the picture displayed here and click Save As.
[quote="SSj Kaboom talking about Future Gohan in BT3"]I feel sorry for Future Gohan.

Everyone's like, "What?! What are you doing with [b][i]two[/i][/b] arms?! You tear that off right now, mister!"

Poor guy.[/quote]
Lol'ed.

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:56 am

Mike wrote:

I have the same problem.

And to gohanku: If we just save the image on the page, we won't be able to get the full size picture, will we?

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:32 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Sun May 01, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:11 pm

I've just got an idea . . .

How about, we identify the significant characters not included in the poster, and then I'll add them and 'extend' the collage, to make it the SUPER-ULTIMATE DRAGONBALL IMAGE OF ALL TIME? :mrgreen:

I'll fix that funny link soon, sorry!

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:46 pm

Aside from GT, so far the only "significant" characters I can think of are Hasky, and the Cell Games cameraman.
Trunks & Goten forever

shannarafan
Beyond Newbie

Post by shannarafan » Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:40 pm

The cameraman does seem to be missing, but Hasky's on the left side of #8.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:10 pm

shannarafan wrote:The cameraman does seem to be missing, but Hasky's on the left side of #8.
Really? Damn, how have I always missed her.
Trunks & Goten forever