"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 am

The absolute disrespect Yamcha gets

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:24 am

OLKv3 wrote:The absolute disrespect Yamcha gets
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh my God. Toriyama, Toei and Toyotaro sure love making Yamcha look like a complete "nothing" character in Super. :lol:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Some of #17 and Goku's skirmish:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
How did Goku IT to 17? He can't sense him.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:30 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Oh my God. Toriyama, Toei and Toyotaro sure love making Yamcha look like a complete "nothing" character in Super. :lol:
What are they saying? Because if they are actually suggesting Yamcha, it means that, even for a second, he could have entered the Tournament instead of Gohan, which is hilarious :lol:

Man, seeing Toyo drawing SS3 is always a blessing. I miss the form so much in the anime... I hope 17 has the same personality as in the anime trough. While he doesn't feel at all like the same character from Z, it's really entertaining.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:31 am

Toriyama should just make Caulifla hook up with Yamcha and they can crank out an OP half breed daughter.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:33 am

So 17 is ssj3 level in the manga nice to know
Wonder how gohan recruitment gonna be
Hopefully piccolo being ssj2 tier will happen again lije the anime

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:33 am

Lord Beerus wrote:It's pointless drama. They'll find out about the real stakes Tournament Of Power eventually and give so much shit to Goku for lying to them about it. It's lessened somewhat in the anime where Goku initially wanted to tell all the people who were going to comprise of Team Universe 7 the true circumstances of the Tournament Of Power, but Gohan convinced him not to on the grounds that if they were to found out the real stakes of the Tournament Of Power, they would freakout and not want to compete. Which is dumb because this is the same cast of characters that not only have battled many threats that have endangered the planet and the universe before, but have also allowed some of these scenarios to happen so they can challenge themselves.
Well to be fair, a lot of these fighters are retired now, or so outclassed to the point where even they admit it. In the anime, when Kuririn found out about the stakes he actually decided not to fight since he was scared and Beerus had to threaten him, 18 simply would not do it, unless Bulma payed her, and I don't think 17 would either (Don't recall him finding out?). Don't know where Tenshinhan and Roshi stand since they didn't comment on it, but they looked pretty cheesed when there was no money involved. So IMO there was a pretty good reason for lying.

With that being said, I still believe he should've told Kuririn anyway. Even if he didn't join, Goku should trust him so much more as his closest friend. Also, I was so pissed with the way they handled the reveal. Gohan should have taken the whole blame, and I was quite disappointed when he didn't step in and defend his father, to say it was his fault and Goku TRIED to tell them the truth. But, hey, at least the Manga version will be different.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:34 am

MisteryOne wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What are they saying? Because if they are actually suggesting Yamcha, it means that, even for a second, he could have entered the Tournament instead of Gohan, which is hilarious :lol:

Man, seeing Toyo drawing SS3 is always a blessing. I miss the form so much in the anime... I hope 17 has the same personality as in the anime trough. While he doesn't feel at all like the same character from Z, it's really entertaining.
I notice that 17 is more expressive in the manga. Looks kinda pissed that Goku tricked him

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 am

i appreciate the SSJ3 but i thought TOTO was going to make the manga different from the anime really instead of rehashing it.

Honestly i would've shown 2-3 of goku going to his people to recruit them, then focus the majority of the chapter with whiz being there and them training in whiz dimension and the ROSAT to get stronger.

I would've loved to seen goku teach the humans and piccolo kaioken and getting potarra earrings for them to keep them stronger.

Also them doing the ritual to get gohan ssj red with trunks and goten helping but not entering the tournament would've been cool.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:44 am

Tried to find spoilers on 4chan but that place is pure cancer,I would rather wait for someone to arrange them in one place.

I would really like the manga to spend 2 to 3 chapters on other universes,even if it effects thd pacing.
Last edited by Hawk9211 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 am

jplaya2023 wrote:i appreciate the SSJ3 but i thought TOTO was going to make the manga different from the anime really instead of rehashing it.

Honestly i would've shown 2-3 of goku going to his people to recruit them, then focus the majority of the chapter with whiz being there and them training in whiz dimension and the ROSAT to get stronger.

I would've loved to seen goku teach the humans and piccolo kaioken and getting potarra earrings for them to keep them stronger.

Also them doing the ritual to get gohan ssj red with trunks and goten helping but not entering the tournament would've been cool.
Did you honestly think that would happened?
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:46 am

jplaya2023 wrote:i appreciate the SSJ3 but i thought TOTO was going to make the manga different from the anime really instead of rehashing it.

Toyo wasnt going to make it all that different not from akira outline

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:47 am

HeroR wrote:

Did you honestly think that would happened?
with the threat of being erased, it would only make sense to teach everyone what you know to survive. It makes no sense for goku to not teach his techniques to his friends when they all can be erased.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 am

Hawk9211 wrote:Tried to find spoilers on 4chan but that place is pure cancer,I would rather wait for someone to arrange them in one place.
>Going on /a/
>Especially a Dragon Ball super thread
Never do that buddy
Its nothing but shtiposting cancer

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:48 am

Being on Ssj3's level is better than Blue but I still think it's too much of a jump for him. Ssj3 looks amazing as always so hopefully we'll get more of it in the tournament.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 am

pacz360 wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:Tried to find spoilers on 4chan but that place is pure cancer,I would rather wait for someone to arrange them in one place.
>Going on /a/
Never do that buddy
I have learned my lesson.
sintzu wrote:Being on Ssj3's level is better than Blue but I still think it's too much of a jump for him. Ssj3 looks amazing as always so hopefully we'll get more of it in the tournament.
Well,he started at ssj1 level with infinite stamina and had quite a few years to train.There was a interview of toriyama stating that 17 had great potential,so we have great potential,a great start,infinite stamina and a few years to train I don't find it unreasonable .
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 am

sintzu wrote:Being on Ssj3's level is better than Blue but I still think it's too much of a jump for him. Ssj3 looks amazing as always so hopefully we'll get more of it in the tournament.
Probably will see it more often in the tournament given toyo
Anyways I'm dissapointed I thought we were going to focus on the other universes in the manga chapter today

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:56 am

pacz360 wrote: Anyways I'm dissapointed I thought we were going to focus on the other universes in the manga chapter today
Strange that jiren didn't appear here,maybe next month will focus on the other universes.
    Glad super saiyan blue is not spammed to death here,the form in the manga feels more special here.
    Last edited by The gr on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Mostly active on discord.

HeroR
    Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:56 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
    pacz360 wrote:
    >Going on /a/
    Never do that buddy
    Well,he started at ssj1 level with infinite stamina and had quite a few years to train.There was a interview of toriyama stating that 17 had great potential,so we have great potential,a great start,infinite stamina and a few years to train I don't find it unreasonable .
    Super Saiyan isn't a level and all the adult Saiyans greatly surpassed the androids with just Super Saiyan back in the Cell Saga. And in the manga, Goku in base form is stronger than any of the Supreme Kais in just base form, while Beerus claimed base form Goku was still below Namek Saga Freeza.
    Kanassa wrote:

pacz360
    I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:58 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
    pacz360 wrote:
    >Going on /a/
    Never do that buddy
    Well toyo plays it safe so him being ssj3 level in the manga shouldn't be surprising
    Though i wonder wat will he do with gohan given vegeta practically telling them to bring his ass bak already